Luongo will Waive NTC If Asked To

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Potatoe1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: Luongo will Waive NTC If Asked To

Post by Potatoe1 »

Perhaps I'm alone but I just wasn't looking for blame after the loss...

The Bruins were really fucking good from game 3 on,,,,,

I guess after almost 20 years of getting no where in the playoffs, it just seems odd to point the finger at the players who got to game 7 of a final.
okcanuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by okcanuck »

Potatoe1 wrote:Perhaps I'm alone but I just wasn't looking for blame after the loss...

I guess after almost 20 years of getting no where in the playoffs, it just seems odd to point the finger at the players who got to game 7 of a final.
Most of the blame should be directed at the piss-poor refereeing in the finals. If they would have called the games anywhere near like the regular season the cup was ours.
Potatoe1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Potatoe1 »

okcanuck wrote:
Potatoe1 wrote:Perhaps I'm alone but I just wasn't looking for blame after the loss...

Most of the blame should be directed at the piss-poor refereeing in the finals. If they would have called the games anywhere near like the regular season the cup was ours.
Refereeing, injuries, incredible goaltending by Thomas, throw it on the pile. We had the better team over all but that just doesnt mean all that much when you are play another excellent team.

That Hamhuis injury was just such a killer, fuck.... Especially given how it happened...

The reality is that it takes a great team and a huge amount of luck to win a cup.

It sucks we lost but making sweeping claims about our team or any of our players is probably misguided.

Best way to win a cup ---- Have a very very good team for a long time and hope shit rolls your way. If things go your way you have a great shot, if they don't you wont.
The_Pauser
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by The_Pauser »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Enough about the Sedins. They were the only ones who threatened any offence against the Bruins. If they had gotten ANY offensive support from the other three lines playing behind them things may have been different. Team doesn't even make the playoffs , let alone the finals without Henrik and Daniel.
Threatening to score isn't the same thing as scoring. Brandon Reid could threaten to score. The Sedins get paid $12.2M to score, and they played like shit in the SCF. I blame the Sedins for our SCF failures more than Luongo, why? Because Luongo won TWO games by 1-0 scores. In our 3 wins we only managed to score 5 goals while giving up 2 goals. In our 4 losses we only scored an appauling 3 freaking goals. That's disgustingly bad.

The team doesn't make it to game 7 of the SCF without Roberto Luongo, simple as that. The Sedins were playing like shit for the entire playoffs with the exception of the SJ series. They were eaten alive defensively, and weren't first line players offensively. It was disgusting and embarassing to watch someone like Daniel Sedin stand there and let a punk shrimp like Brad Marchand punch him in the face as many times as he did without a response. Absolutely embarassing.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

The_Pauser wrote: It was disgusting and embarassing to watch someone like Daniel Sedin stand there and let a punk shrimp like Brad Marchand punch him in the face as many times as he did without a response. Absolutely embarassing.
Agree totally. The whole team were constantly looking at the refs instead of any kind of push back. It had worked all season to that point but it clearly wasn't happening. We really needed to stop being pansies and cowboy up a bit. Didn't work out that way...
Boston wanted to take that series into the gutter and thats exactly what they did.
If you need air...call it in
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

The_Pauser wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Enough about the Sedins. They were the only ones who threatened any offence against the Bruins. If they had gotten ANY offensive support from the other three lines playing behind them things may have been different. Team doesn't even make the playoffs , let alone the finals without Henrik and Daniel.
Threatening to score isn't the same thing as scoring. Brandon Reid could threaten to score. The Sedins get paid $12.2M to score, and they played like shit in the SCF. I blame the Sedins for our SCF failures more than Luongo, why? Because Luongo won TWO games by 1-0 scores. In our 3 wins we only managed to score 5 goals while giving up 2 goals. In our 4 losses we only scored an appauling 3 freaking goals. That's disgustingly bad.

The team doesn't make it to game 7 of the SCF without Roberto Luongo, simple as that. The Sedins were playing like shit for the entire playoffs with the exception of the SJ series. They were eaten alive defensively, and weren't first line players offensively. It was disgusting and embarassing to watch someone like Daniel Sedin stand there and let a punk shrimp like Brad Marchand punch him in the face as many times as he did without a response. Absolutely embarassing.
The twins were not great for sure. They were however the only line that could sustain any threat in the B's end. They also got the Chara, Seidenburg matchup along with rugby rules and the top checking line. They had a bad series. To say they were crap throughout the playoffs is stupid. They open up so much room for the other lines and ALWAYS take the top defensive pairing away .

I also hated the Marchand speedbagging of Danny , but Sedin should have speared him in the bag. I have no idea why he took that. He would have been pissing blood if I had been D Sedin. MAybe Sedin knew like the rest of us that the Canucks only had one or two players capable of beating Marchand in a fight and they didn't seem very interested in evening the score.

The twins had a crappy series but they are behind AV, the officilas, injuries and a lack of heart byt the entire team when it comes to throwing blame around for that cup fiasco.

BAck on topic this is a Luongo thread.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
The_Pauser
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by The_Pauser »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: The twins were not great for sure. They were however the only line that could sustain any threat in the B's end. They also got the Chara, Seidenburg matchup along with rugby rules and the top checking line. They had a bad series. To say they were crap throughout the playoffs is stupid. They open up so much room for the other lines and ALWAYS take the top defensive pairing away .

I also hated the Marchand speedbagging of Danny , but Sedin should have speared him in the bag. I have no idea why he took that. He would have been pissing blood if I had been D Sedin. MAybe Sedin knew like the rest of us that the Canucks only had one or two players capable of beating Marchand in a fight and they didn't seem very interested in evening the score.

The twins had a crappy series but they are behind AV, the officilas, injuries and a lack of heart byt the entire team when it comes to throwing blame around for that cup fiasco.

BAck on topic this is a Luongo thread.
They usually get the top pairing, but in the Nashville series when Kesler was dominating he began drawing the Weber-Suter pairing more and more, while the Sedins could do nothing against O'Brien and Franson.

The Sedins had a bad playoffs. I'll leave it at that.

Luongo should bring back a package that includes Gardiner and a 1st round pick.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Meh , we're splitting hairs here but I would say they didn't have a great playoffs. One say could Kesler as well only had one decent series if we only look at offence.

I'm done on this .... no more highjacking from me.

I don't think we will get both Gardiner and a 1st ,I think it will be either a 1st/Gardiner/Rielly and other assets. Just my opinion. I do not want ANY of Colborne, Kadri or Kulemi or Bozek....... all crap pieces and fatso Burke can keep them.

I would do Gardiner and Biggs
Rielly and Ashton
1st, Finn, +

If Burke wants to add in garbage and shit he can beat it.

There is also the option of Gillis adding in Hansen who has a great value contract and upside if that's what it takes to get a deal done. Vancouver is loaded with 2/3 line tweeners.
The_Pauser
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by The_Pauser »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Meh , we're splitting hairs here but I would say they didn't have a great playoffs. One say could Kesler as well only had one decent series if we only look at offence.

I don't think we will get both Gardiner and a 1st ,I think it will be either a 1st/Gardiner/Rielly and other assets. Just my opinion. I do not want ANY of Colborne, Kadri or Kulemi or Bozek....... all crap pieces and fatso Burke can keep them.

Rielly and Ashton
1st, Finn, +

There is also the option of Gillis adding in Hansen who has a great value contract and upside if that's what it takes to get a deal done. Vancouver is loaded with 2/3 line tweeners.
I don't value their 1st at the same level as Gardiner, or even Reilly since with Luongo I think it's probably a mid-late teens pick.

I also wouldn't add Jannik Hansen either. He's extremely underrated and given an offensive role I think he would put up some very nice numbers here. I would add Raymond though.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

The 1st is obviously not as valuable as Gardiner or Rielly. That's why I added in Matt Finn + . Finn looks like he'll be a hell of a good young d-man. If I could choose one player from Gardiner or Rielly, i would choose Rielly myself.

I am not jumping up and down to boot Hansen out of town but seeing as a team will be taking a large cap hit and a huge lentgth of term off the Canucks hands in this trade, he could be collateral damage. Hansen could be a top 6 forward on some teams. Vancouver has Burrows, D Sedin, Kassian, Jensen moving forward and also Higgins and Booth. Hansen is expandable.

Raymond is worthless at this point unless he can rebound to his form of 2009-10.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Meh , we're splitting hairs here but I would say they didn't have a great playoffs. One say could Kesler as well only had one decent series if we only look at offence.

Rielly and Ashton
1st, Finn, +

I'm with Blobby Cat on what I want and don't want out of TeeOh
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Mondi wrote:..

If Luongo was a worse player you, wouldn't blame him for Van losing the Cup. If Luongo made less, you wouldn't blame him for Van losing the Cup. So what's your point? The big name guys who make more money and perform better during the regular season have to step up in the playoffs?
I wonder if this logic applies to Booth's 4.5 million and Ballards 4.2 million? Where was Booth and his 4.5 million against the Kings, where was Ballard and his 4.2 million?

I guess if Gillis is responsible for Luongo's current contract and for bringing in Ballard and Booth. Doesn't say much about Gillis judge of 'playoff' talent does it, that is, unless you are extremely happy about the amazing and much celebrated gay ass Presidents Trophy?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

okcanuck wrote:
What is with the people of this city and this whole 'blame the ref' bullshite? Blame Bettman bullshite.
The_Pauser
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by The_Pauser »

RoyalDude wrote:
I wonder if this logic applies to Booth's 4.5 million and Ballards 4.2 million? Where was Booth and his 4.5 million against the Kings, where was Ballard and his 4.2 million?

I guess if Gillis is responsible for Luongo's current contract and for bringing in Ballard and Booth. Doesn't say much about Gillis judge of 'playoff' talent does it, that is, unless you are extremely happy about the amazing and much celebrated gay ass Presidents Trophy?
Luongo not being good in the playoffs is a stupid generalization and a flat out lie. In 2009 he had a bad series against Chicago, capped by a horrendous game 6. In 2010 our team PK was utterly atrocious. Luongo had the best ES SVP of any goalie to make it out of round 1 in those playoffs. In 2011, Luongo was our best player in the playoffs (and most consistent player). And in 2012 Luongo was the only player to show up for the first two games.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Mëds wrote:
Niemi was a fluke artist. We've all seen his performance since 2009-10. His Cup winning Hawks were arguable one of the most stacked teams to win it in recent history. The next year proved it when they had to blow up their team due to salary constraints. Niemi ended up on another NHL powerhouse, the Sharks, we all know their track record in the post season. Big players shit the bed and don't perform, goalie goes home with the rest of the team. Ironically, Bieksa's series winning goal in the WCF was a fluke which nobody faults Niemi on as he had no idea where the puck was and played it as best he could taking away 90% of the bottom of the net, that wobbler just found its way in.....had that been the Sharks scoring on Luongo Vancouver fans would have crucified Louie for that goal.
Niemi, now there is an amazing stanley cup winning goalie. Goes to show you what can happen if the team in front of you is playing at there best unlike the team in front of Luongo at the time against the Bruins which was brutally injured and could not buy a goal to save their lives.