Luongo will Waive NTC If Asked To

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: Luongo will Waive NTC If Asked To

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Well, I may not see eye to eye with Gillis on a few things but when it comes to Luongo's value on the trade market, we put the same price on his head. If not, he would have traded him for the bums that tough negotiators Fred and Mondi would settle for, long ago.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

Honestly would you give up Rielly or Gardiner if you were BB, he'd be lynched. Both young players best yet to come for a 33 year old goalie ranked 16th in the league for GA and 12th for SV%, & 14th for games won playing on the President Trophy team, he wasn't back stopping the Columbus Blue Jackets with those number.

Luongo is a good goalie if there's no pressure, the Olympics remember this goal

Third Period

19:35 USA Zach Parise

Oh yeah that tied the game which meant we had to go to O/T and fortunate for Crosby his play hit the linesmans skate and deflected to an open Iginla who set up the O/T winner. Wait another 5 years and Crosby went end to end and Luongo stopped two break aways :lol: :lol:
cheers
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Fred, you are starting to lose it. All great goalies shit the bed time to time, are we gonna have to go through Patrick Roy's archives to see how many times he shat the bed? Here's a clue, they are fucking human. They carry the most burden and pressure out of any team sport next to pitching. You know what would be really weird, a great pitcher or goalie who has never played a shitty game, let in a bad goal thrown a bad pitch, gotten lit up.

Gillis ain't bending like you want him too, Fred. He keeps saying again and again, if they ain't getting the price they feel is fair they ain't trading him. This team is far better with him here than trading him for fucking minor leaguers in Kadri and Colbourne. It's a long season, nothing wrong with two no. 1 goalies. The Oilers did it for years with Fuhr and Moog. Injuries happen. Having two no. 1 goalies is also advantageous for our goalies staying healthy instead of maxing them out playing for a team with the worse road schedule in the NHL. Would you rather have that or some useless players playing in Chicago named Kadri or Colbourne????
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Well I wouldn't be opposed to taking on Bozak as part of the package for Luongo. Kesler's injury and Manny's decline leave us with no 2nd or 3rd line centres. Lapierre is relentless on the 4th, but I don't think he can handle the minutes/opposition on the 3rd line with consistency.

Bozak doesn't make a ton of money ($1.6M before rollback :lol: ), and is capable of decent numbers. He could fill in for Kesler on a temporary basis and play 3rd line when RK17 is healthy.

I'd have to wonder if Bozak, Carl Gunnarsson and a first would be do-able for a Luongo trade. Toronto can keep their (imo overrated) saviors Reilly and Gardiner, the Canucks can add NHL-calibre players in their prime (both 1986 born) and a draft choice for a combined cap hit of $2.825M.

And it's funny people bringing up the Olympics... does Canada even play for Gold if this doesn't happen?
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Island Nucklehead wrote:Well I wouldn't be opposed to taking on Bozak as part of the package for Luongo. Kesler's injury and Manny's decline leave us with no 2nd or 3rd line centres. Lapierre is relentless on the 4th, but I don't think he can handle the minutes/opposition on the 3rd line with consistency.

Bozak doesn't make a ton of money ($1.6M before rollback :lol: ), and is capable of decent numbers. He could fill in for Kesler on a temporary basis and play 3rd line when RK17 is healthy.

I'd have to wonder if Bozak, Carl Gunnarsson and a first would be do-able for a Luongo trade. Toronto can keep their (imo overrated) saviors Reilly and Gardiner, the Canucks can add NHL-calibre players in their prime (both 1986 born) and a draft choice for a combined cap hit of $2.825M.

And it's funny people bringing up the Olympics... does Canada even play for Gold if this doesn't happen?
Just curious Island, would you be happy having Bozak for one year until he becomes a UFA after this season if there is a season? He would have to be a throw in if he were part of the deal, not a main piece. I too ain't 'completely' sold on Gardiner, however I think Reilly is going to be a very solid defenseman and I don't think Burkie is trading. The reason I want Gardiner is that he is the only thing in that organization that interests me. Outside of him, I really have no interest in anything else in the leaves organization other than their 2013 1st round draft pick. I'd do Luongo straight up for Reilly, but that won't happen. I think Reilly is going to be a real good player one day.
the Dogsalmon
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by the Dogsalmon »

you guys spend waaaay toooo much time on this shit...please...all of you...gets some drugs and a hooker...
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

the Dogsalmon wrote:...gets some drugs and a hooker...
Who says we ain't doing that as well?
Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

Did he save it or did it hit the post. The play by play guy said it hit the post and it did cannon off pretty good and the colourman said he saved it. Regardless who know if it hadn'r hit the post Luongo I think would have got it. He's always been good low on the glove side. I don't question he's a good goalie but he blew in the Chicago and the Boston series and that stats don't lie.

I'm not a Bozak fan or in fact a Gunnarson fan...but there's not a lot to choose from on the TO roster
cheers
the Dogsalmon
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by the Dogsalmon »

RoyalDude wrote:
the Dogsalmon wrote:...gets some drugs and a hooker...
Who says we ain't doing that as well?

approved...
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

RoyalDude wrote: Just curious Island, would you be happy having Bozak for one year until he becomes a UFA after this season if there is a season? He would have to be a throw in if he were part of the deal, not a main piece. I too ain't 'completely' sold on Gardiner, however I think Reilly is going to be a very solid defenseman and I don't think Burkie is trading. The reason I want Gardiner is that he is the only thing in that organization that interests me. Outside of him, I really have no interest in anything else in the leaves organization other than their 2013 1st round draft pick. I'd do Luongo straight up for Reilly, but that won't happen. I think Reilly is going to be a real good player one day.
I see the 2013 first rounder as the prize in that deal. Bozak would offer the Canucks some center depth that can play today, unlike Schroeder who's untested at the NHL level. Bozak could soften that blow. Aside from that, we'd have to wait and see how he performs. I don't think Bozak is the type that's going to cash in huge come UFA time. The Canucks would certainly have the option of keeping him if he works out.

I agree that Reilly will be a good player. It just amuses me that they see Gardiner (and all their 1st round picks, I guess) as supreme untouchables. IMO Gillis needs to get one of those three out of there (2013 1st, Gardiner, or Reilly). My bet is that it will be the 2013 first rounder, with some kind of lottery protection in place.

I can see why you don't have much interest in the other folks on the Maple Leaf roster. To be honest I don't see much there either, but the market for Luongo isn't large. And while guys like Bozak (2nd/3rd line C) and Gunnarsson (3/4 solid d-man) aren't flashy or superstars, they are proven NHLers on good salaries would help the Canucks now and moving forward.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Fred wrote:Did he save it or did it hit the post. The play by play guy said it hit the post and it did cannon off pretty good and the colourman said he saved it. Regardless who know if it hadn'r hit the post Luongo I think would have got it. He's always been good low on the glove side. I don't question he's a good goalie but he blew in the Chicago and the Boston series and that stats don't lie.

I'm not a Bozak fan or in fact a Gunnarson fan...but there's not a lot to choose from on the TO roster
I''ll tell you what Fred, if Luongo doesn't make that point blank save off of Sharp we were out of the playoffs and not seeing the Bruins in the Stanley Cup Finals, not too mention the 2nd round.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Luongo straight up for Reilly....hmmmmm.....yes please! I don't think that's so far out in space considering how bad they need a good goaltender who can carry them and make no mistake, he is still a top goaltender who can play up to 70+ games a year.
If you need air...call it in
Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

RoyalDude wrote:
Fred wrote:Did he save it or did it hit the post. The play by play guy said it hit the post and it did cannon off pretty good and the colourman said he saved it. Regardless who know if it hadn'r hit the post Luongo I think would have got it. He's always been good low on the glove side. I don't question he's a good goalie but he blew in the Chicago and the Boston series and that stats don't lie.

I''ll tell you what Fred, if Luongo doesn't make that point blank save off of Sharp we were out of the playoffs and not seeing the Bruins in the Stanley Cup Finals, not too mention the 2nd round.
yeah i'll give u that
cheers
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Or with all the talk of contracts reverting back to the team that signs them should a player retire, what about Luongo for Marian Hossa?

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Booth-Kesler-Hossa
Higgins-Lapierre-Raymond
Hansen-Manny-Kassian
the Dogsalmon
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by the Dogsalmon »

Uncle dans leg wrote:Luongo straight up for Reilly....hmmmmm.....yes please! I don't think that's so far out in space considering how bad they need a good goaltender who can carry them and make no mistake, he is still a top goaltender who can play up to 70+ games a year.

fair deal...the leaves need help immediately...not in 4-5 seasons...Lou allows BB to keep paying his bills...