Booth kills baited bear

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: Booth kills baited bear

Post by rats19 »

Topper wrote:There is an elementary school across the back alley from our place. The other evening while taking my son to play, there were 20 deer on the soccer field grazing and shitting. Laughably, there are "Clean up after your dog" signs all around the perimeter of the school yard.
one of these days I am going to set out some chocolate covered almonds where elk are known to hang out...take some one out to show them..grab a handfull eat em..and say...yup thats elk.. 8-)
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

dbr wrote:I don't think most people give a shit, frankly.

Fred's having fun because he doesn't like the player and obviously many sneer at hunting (and some hunters) in general but it's not like the holy roller is going to get booed every time he touches the puck at GM Place now.

This is a non-story that would be buried by now if we had an NHL season to talk about.
Yep !!

I know lots of friends that hunt and as you say as long as the meat is used. But to be honest this guy doesn't need to supplement his groceries by going hunting, lots of people do and i have no problem with that. Mr Booth does it for fun not the meat. He likes the Elk /Goat head in his rec room and rest his feet on a bear rug so it's some what different I suppose. He'll grow up eventually or need to build a new rec room at the rate he's going. I don't believe there's any connection with the need for food and his exploits. I've enjoyed moose, cariboo, elk and deer very tasty.
cheers
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

Fred wrote: I don't believe there's any connection with the need for food and his exploits.
Fred wrote: I've enjoyed moose, cariboo, elk and deer very tasty.
C'mon now Fred.

Booths taste buds are inferior to yours?

He has to "need" food to hunt for it?

I know (as do many, many others I am sure) literally dozens of people who can afford whatever they want and still hunt for both the buzz and because they prefer the meat.

He wants the buzz.

He enjoys the meat.

He provides the meat for others to enjoy.

It's legal.

Fill your boots Booth you overpaid, God fearing, no hands, can't deke, has no hockey smarts, surfer resembling, murdering, trophy hunting freak...

8-)
DeLevering since 1999.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

donlever wrote:
Fred wrote: I don't believe there's any connection with the need for food and his exploits.
Fred wrote: I've enjoyed moose, cariboo, elk and deer very tasty.
C'mon now Fred.

Booths taste buds are inferior to yours?

He has to "need" food to hunt for it?

I know (as do many, many others I am sure) literally dozens of people who can afford whatever they want and still hunt for both the buzz and because they prefer the meat.

He wants the buzz.

He enjoys the meat.

He provides the meat for others to enjoy.

It's legal.

Fill your boots Booth you overpaid, God fearing, no hands, can't deke, has no hockey smarts, surfer resembling, murdering, trophy hunting freak...

8-)
I cannot allow this to ever leave.....
ever
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

19 pages of anti-hunting rhetoric? What the hell?
It's legal, morally acceptable and a hell of a lot of fun.
What is there to argue over? really now?

Remember....
Happiness is a steaming gut pile
If you need air...call it in
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

I wonder how Dick 'Topper' Proenneke would feel if he found out that I actually don't mind Atlantic Farmed Salmon.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote:I wonder how Dick 'Topper' Proenneke would feel if he found out that I actually don't mind Atlantic Farmed Salmon.
Sea lice..... pubic lice what's the difference eh Pacific Blue ?
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:I wonder how Dick 'Topper' Proenneke would feel if he found out that I actually don't mind Atlantic Farmed Salmon.
Sea lice..... pubic lice what's the difference eh Pacific Blue ?
Sea Lice??? No skin off my back blobby bear, probably a healthier choice over the nuclear radiated fish in the Pacific Ocean. That being said, a little sea lice ain't half as bad as what goes on in chicken slaughtering houses, pig farms, Ecoli Beef etc. Don't be so blind my man and stop picking on the Atlantic Farmed Salmon.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

That being said, a little sea lice ain't half as bad as what goes on in chicken slaughtering houses, pig farms, Ecoli Beef etc.
spend lots of time in these places,do ya?
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

Madcombinepilot wrote:
That being said, a little sea lice ain't half as bad as what goes on in chicken slaughtering houses, pig farms, Ecoli Beef etc.
spend lots of time in these places,do ya?

You don't have to

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfVBsTBNsg0
cheers
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

because one video, made for youtube, is enough to catogize every other place?

glad we dont profile here, and do our own real life,on site investigations....
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Madcombinepilot wrote:because one video, made for youtube, is enough to catogize every other place?

glad we dont profile here, and do our own real life,on site investigations....
Is there a more humane way of mass processing chickens?
I mean we all can't go grouse hunting
Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

Compared to the chickens Booths, Bear, Elk and Goat have it easy. By the way youtube some of this stuff yourself there isn't one or five clips there are hundreds
cheers
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Is there a more humane way of mass processing chickens?
nope. Cleaner ways is about it.

I guess I just have less an opinion about the order of the food chain, than the hypocracy that comes from some posters...seriously, who here grows/gathers/hunts/kills/cleans/stores 100% of thier own food? you are either the bug or the windshield. The rest is semantics (semantics that smart people make money on)

how were those chicken wings the other night anyways?

as long the masses pay for food, humans will process it.

thats just the way it is.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

I remember seeing a documentary, can't remember, something like 60 Minutes, years ago, about the shit that gets in our cereal during the processing. They ran a whole bunch of tests, etc. It was quite disgusting, made you want to swear off cereal forever.

Anyone seen Food Inc.? Makes a little Sea Lice seem rather harmless.