Luongo will Waive NTC If Asked To

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

SKYO
MVP
MVP

Re: Luongo will Waive NTC If Asked To

Post by SKYO »

Why we want Luongo gone:

Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

Lest we forget 7uongo...
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

In other goaltending news, the Dallas Stars snuck an extension with Kari Lehtonen under the wire, for some reason they wanted to lock this player in for five years at $29.5m, that's over half a million more than Luongo's cap hit (Luongo will get paid about $4m more over the span of that deal).
the Dogsalmon
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by the Dogsalmon »

dbr wrote:In other goaltending news, the Dallas Stars snuck an extension with Kari Lehtonen under the wire, for some reason they wanted to lock this player in for five years at $29.5m, that's over half a million more than Luongo's cap hit (Luongo will get paid about $4m more over the span of that deal).

Lu's contract looks better and better all the time...
Southern_Canuck
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Southern_Canuck »

Lehtonen's contrat makes Luongo's the 10th highest cap hit for goalies... any bets on where he'll be on that list in 5 years?

Luongo probably plays only until 2018, and most likely stays at a top ten level for performance - however he'll likely be out of the top 15 cap hits for goalies.

A bargain. If Burke hadn't overspent for Kessel, much to his and the franchise's embarrassment, he would certainly be offering something similar for Luongo. Held prisoner by past mistakes!

S_C
It's a great day for hockey!
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

So what is the fucking latest, Hockey Widow? What ya hearin"? Personally, I think Lou is going to Florda, I HOPE HE IS GOING TO FLORIDA. The Panthers have way to many good pieces to dish us in return. The leaves don't. What about Kulikov? The kid is supposed to be a dynamo? How the fuck did FLA get all these good young players? Well, I know how they got Howden.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

RoyalDude wrote:So what is the fucking latest, Hockey Widow? What ya hearin"? Personally, I think Lou is going to Florda, I HOPE HE IS GOING TO FLORIDA. The Panthers have way to many good pieces to dish us in return. The leaves don't. What about Kulikov? The kid is supposed to be a dynamo? How the fuck did FLA get all these good young players? Well, I know how they got Howden.

LOL

THE LATEST, WAIT FOR IT, LET ME SEE, ON HOLD, OK, GOT IT.

Sorry, nothing new to report, something about a lockout and an expired CBA.
The only HW the Canucks need
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Jonathan Huberdeau or bust. :)
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

So, whats the deal with all these rumors flying about that Luongo to Toronto is a done deal? I was all happy that a trade might actually happen until Mr. Happy Mike Gillis poo poo'ed the rumors today, although I ain't too pleased these trade rumors are with Toronto cause there is absolutely nothing I want out of that organization unless it's Morgan Reilly or Jake Gardiner in which I don't think Burkie is that stupid to trade them, ya just know he is trying to flog useless pieces of shit that won't make us any better like Kadri, Colbourne, Lupul, McCarthur, Kulimen etc. I don't mind Biggs or Ashton if they are part of a bigger package but I would certainly need more than just Ashton and Biggs to get all happy like.

That being said, with Gillis track record when it comes to trading, ya just know damn well that trade will suck on all fronts for us.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
FAN
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by FAN »

I'm warming up to the idea of Colborne becoming a Canuck. The guy's heart, commitment, and toughness have been questioned in the past, but he apparently played through some serious pain last season. Plenty of upside there. I wonder who's the rumored asset that Toronto was unwilling to part with but are now willing to part with. Frattin? Fatty Kadri perhaps?
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

FAN wrote:I'm warming up to the idea of Colborne becoming a Canuck. The guy's heart, commitment, and toughness have been questioned in the past, but he apparently played through some serious pain last season. Plenty of upside there. I wonder who's the rumored asset that Toronto was unwilling to part with but are now willing to part with. Frattin? Fatty Kadri perhaps?
At least if Kadri came to Vancouver the Canucks could bank on absolute support from Surrey and Pitt Meadows.....
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

Are there a lot of Lebanese people out that way?
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

dbr wrote:Are there a lot of Lebanese people out that way?

BOOM goes the dynamite.

lofl
DeLevering since 1999.
Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

I susepct that either Kadri or Colbourne would be better here than they'll achieve in TO .... IMO, there's an inner pressure on this team to perform. I see Kassian get into the sort of shape he may never have been in for his hockey days. Seems difficult to judge Cobourne he had two torn ligaments and a broken bone in his wrist and yet played out the season. From what I can gather he's a second line player a sort of a poor man's Bjugstad. He's big boy I believe 6' 4" 200 +
cheers
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Fred wrote:I susepct that either Kadri or Colbourne would be better here than they'll achieve in TO .... IMO, there's an inner pressure on this team to perform. I see Kassian get into the sort of shape he may never have been in for his hockey days. Seems difficult to judge Cobourne he had two torn ligaments and a broken bone in his wrist and yet played out the season. From what I can gather he's a second line player a sort of a poor man's Bjugstad. He's big boy I believe 6' 4" 200 +

Kadri is not my kind of player, I see him having as successful of an NHL career as Josh Holden/Jeff Tambellini did. Comparable type players. I see him as not being of any benefit to this organization, not the type of player this organization needs. Park Colbourne in the same category. Mike Gillis surely has to get a far better return for Luongo than those two meatheads.

He's a big boy Fred (Colbourne) but surely doesn't play big. He's another Chad Kilger type, complete and total meh. This organization is far and away better keeping Luongo instead if that is all that Burkie is offering.