Luongo will Waive NTC If Asked To

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Re: Luongo will Waive NTC If Asked To

Postby Southern_Canuck » Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:40 pm

Lehtonen's contrat makes Luongo's the 10th highest cap hit for goalies... any bets on where he'll be on that list in 5 years?

Luongo probably plays only until 2018, and most likely stays at a top ten level for performance - however he'll likely be out of the top 15 cap hits for goalies.

A bargain. If Burke hadn't overspent for Kessel, much to his and the franchise's embarrassment, he would certainly be offering something similar for Luongo. Held prisoner by past mistakes!

S_C
It's a great day for hockey!
User avatar
Southern_Canuck
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1412
Joined: Mon Aug 16, 2004 9:27 am
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: Luongo will Waive NTC If Asked To

Postby RoyalDude » Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:47 pm

So what is the fucking latest, Hockey Widow? What ya hearin"? Personally, I think Lou is going to Florda, I HOPE HE IS GOING TO FLORIDA. The Panthers have way to many good pieces to dish us in return. The Leafs don't. What about Kulikov? The kid is supposed to be a dynamo? How the fuck did FLA get all these good young players? Well, I know how they got Howden.
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate
User avatar
RoyalDude
CC Legend
 
Posts: 4605
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: Luongo will Waive NTC If Asked To

Postby Hockey Widow » Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:21 pm

RoyalDude wrote:So what is the fucking latest, Hockey Widow? What ya hearin"? Personally, I think Lou is going to Florda, I HOPE HE IS GOING TO FLORIDA. The Panthers have way to many good pieces to dish us in return. The Leafs don't. What about Kulikov? The kid is supposed to be a dynamo? How the fuck did FLA get all these good young players? Well, I know how they got Howden.



LOL

THE LATEST, WAIT FOR IT, LET ME SEE, ON HOLD, OK, GOT IT.

Sorry, nothing new to report, something about a lockout and an expired CBA.
The only HW the Canucks need
User avatar
Hockey Widow
CC Legend
 
Posts: 4266
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:52 pm

Re: Luongo will Waive NTC If Asked To

Postby SKYO » Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:30 pm

Jonathan Huberdeau or bust. :)
User avatar
SKYO
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3601
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Re: Luongo will Waive NTC If Asked To

Postby RoyalDude » Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:01 pm

So, whats the deal with all these rumors flying about that Luongo to Toronto is a done deal? I was all happy that a trade might actually happen until Mr. Happy Mike Gillis poo poo'ed the rumors today, although I ain't too pleased these trade rumors are with Toronto cause there is absolutely nothing I want out of that organization unless it's Morgan Reilly or Jake Gardiner in which I don't think Burkie is that stupid to trade them, ya just know he is trying to flog useless pieces of shit that won't make us any better like Kadri, Colbourne, Lupul, McCarthur, Kulimen etc. I don't mind Biggs or Ashton if they are part of a bigger package but I would certainly need more than just Ashton and Biggs to get all happy like.

That being said, with Gillis track record when it comes to trading, ya just know damn well that trade will suck on all fronts for us.
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate
User avatar
RoyalDude
CC Legend
 
Posts: 4605
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: Luongo will Waive NTC If Asked To

Postby FAN » Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:14 pm

I'm warming up to the idea of Colborne becoming a Canuck. The guy's heart, commitment, and toughness have been questioned in the past, but he apparently played through some serious pain last season. Plenty of upside there. I wonder who's the rumored asset that Toronto was unwilling to part with but are now willing to part with. Frattin? Fatty Kadri perhaps?
FAN
CC 2nd Team All-Star
 
Posts: 341
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:55 pm

Re: Luongo will Waive NTC If Asked To

Postby Meds » Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:08 pm

FAN wrote:I'm warming up to the idea of Colborne becoming a Canuck. The guy's heart, commitment, and toughness have been questioned in the past, but he apparently played through some serious pain last season. Plenty of upside there. I wonder who's the rumored asset that Toronto was unwilling to part with but are now willing to part with. Frattin? Fatty Kadri perhaps?


At least if Kadri came to Vancouver the Canucks could bank on absolute support from Surrey and Pitt Meadows.....
User avatar
Meds
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3466
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:50 pm

Re: Luongo will Waive NTC If Asked To

Postby dbr » Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:42 am

Are there a lot of Lebanese people out that way?
dbr
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 2567
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:37 pm

Re: Luongo will Waive NTC If Asked To

Postby donlever » Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:57 am

dbr wrote:Are there a lot of Lebanese people out that way?



BOOM goes the dynamite.

lofl
A different goddamn hockey talk messageboard!
User avatar
donlever
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1839
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:07 pm

Re: Luongo will Waive NTC If Asked To

Postby Fred » Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:07 am

I susepct that either Kadri or Colbourne would be better here than they'll achieve in TO .... IMO, there's an inner pressure on this team to perform. I see Kassian get into the sort of shape he may never have been in for his hockey days. Seems difficult to judge Cobourne he had two torn ligaments and a broken bone in his wrist and yet played out the season. From what I can gather he's a second line player a sort of a poor man's Bjugstad. He's big boy I believe 6' 4" 200 +
cheers
Fred
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3433
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 7:00 pm

Re: Luongo will Waive NTC If Asked To

Postby RoyalDude » Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:38 am

Fred wrote:I susepct that either Kadri or Colbourne would be better here than they'll achieve in TO .... IMO, there's an inner pressure on this team to perform. I see Kassian get into the sort of shape he may never have been in for his hockey days. Seems difficult to judge Cobourne he had two torn ligaments and a broken bone in his wrist and yet played out the season. From what I can gather he's a second line player a sort of a poor man's Bjugstad. He's big boy I believe 6' 4" 200 +



Kadri is not my kind of player, I see him having as successful of an NHL career as Josh Holden/Jeff Tambellini did. Comparable type players. I see him as not being of any benefit to this organization, not the type of player this organization needs. Park Colbourne in the same category. Mike Gillis surely has to get a far better return for Luongo than those two meatheads.

He's a big boy Fred (Colbourne) but surely doesn't play big. He's another Chad Kilger type, complete and total meh. This organization is far and away better keeping Luongo instead if that is all that Burkie is offering.
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate
User avatar
RoyalDude
CC Legend
 
Posts: 4605
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: Luongo will Waive NTC If Asked To

Postby RoyalDude » Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:56 am

Gillis has to be asking for Gardiner, a 1st round pick and Ashton or Frattin. That's a fair deal. With the nagging, long term wounds to Garrison and Edler, a quality d-man is almost a must in a Luongo trade.
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate
User avatar
RoyalDude
CC Legend
 
Posts: 4605
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: Luongo will Waive NTC If Asked To

Postby Fred » Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:57 am

RoyalDude wrote:Gillis has to be asking for Gardiner, a 1st round pick and Ashton or Frattin. That's a fair deal. With the nagging, long term wounds to Garrison and Edler, a quality d-man is almost a must in a Luongo trade.



Well I don't think that's going to happen.

If you get a good propspect to get bigger and younger and cheaper then that's whats coming back. Think about this most were in favour for the Bjugstad trade so it's going to be some thing along those lines. On the radio it was reported that TO fans think Luongo is worth a Tyler Bozak so just like the CBA there's considerable difference in thinking in what Luongo is worth.

Kadri has skill IMO he's mssing the brains and the tutoring to bring out the best. I'm betting how Schroeder looks in the next little while is going to impact on what they're looking for in the Luongo trade. MG was pretty keen on Schroeder at the end of last season, if he shows as well or better this season
cheers
Fred
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3433
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 7:00 pm

Re: Luongo will Waive NTC If Asked To

Postby ukcanuck » Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:44 pm

Fred wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:Gillis has to be asking for Gardiner, a 1st round pick and Ashton or Frattin. That's a fair deal. With the nagging, long term wounds to Garrison and Edler, a quality d-man is almost a must in a Luongo trade.



Well I don't think that's going to happen.

If you get a good propspect to get bigger and younger and cheaper then that's whats coming back. Think about this most were in favour for the Bjugstad trade so it's going to be some thing along those lines. On the radio it was reported that TO fans think Luongo is worth a Tyler Bozak so just like the CBA there's considerable difference in thinking in what Luongo is worth.

Kadri has skill IMO he's mssing the brains and the tutoring to bring out the best. I'm betting how Schroeder looks in the next little while is going to impact on what they're looking for in the Luongo trade. MG was pretty keen on Schroeder at the end of last season, if he shows as well or better this season

Just thinking that the same tactic that's being used for the lockout would be helpful here with luongo. His value right now or at the beginning of the season is at its lowest, especially in TO, but as the season wears on and they realize that they don't have the goaltending and Burkes position weakens, we'll then it's going be a lot better offer. Listening to Luongo in September it sounds like he is okay with waiting as long as he's paid and get enough a starts to stay sharp. that takes the pressure off Gillis to make a bad deal and puts the screws to Burke or whoever?
User avatar
ukcanuck
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 2433
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:04 am

Re: Luongo will Waive NTC If Asked To

Postby dbr » Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:53 pm

If Damien Cox is to be believed, the asking price for Luongo at the draft was Jake Gardiner, Tyler Bozak, Matt Frattin and a first round pick (not specified whether that would have been a future pick or the 5th overall pick that was used to select Morgan Rielly).

If that's true and Burke still wants to talk turkey I'd try to get Bozak and either Gardiner or Rielly, I might settle for Bozak and their 1st in 2013 plus a couple of their decent prospects (Colborne, Kadri, Frattin, etc).

A return including Bozak and Gardiner could be great for this franchise over the long term.
dbr
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 2567
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:37 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Canucks Corner Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], jackalman and 4 guests