Best Canucks Lineup

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Re: Best Canucks Lineup

Postby Blob Mckenzie » Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:28 am

Fred wrote:Yeah when they moved Mogiliny to NJ he faded fast


No he didn't. Read above.
Tell me how my ass tastes.
User avatar
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3166
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Best Canucks Lineup

Postby Tiger » Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:30 pm

ClamRussel wrote:Speaking of fantasyland lines that never were....after landing Mogilny there was some buzz the Canucks may try and land Fedorov....I believe it was Devellano who said something like "should I just hand Vancouver the Cup?" Too bad it never came to be at least at some point in the NHL....those 3 were magic together as teenagers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGadxMwNFPc&feature=related


Agree Clam .. maybe the most talented line to ever play hockey..

So.. now I am going to put together a " Playoff Lineup "..Any line can score 100 goals a season :)
and except for the Sedins all up their game for the playoffs..

Mogilny Larionov Bure'
Tiger Sedin Sedin - ( All time penalty champ and a good 2 way player should protect the softies )
Kesler Linden Tanti
Bertuzzi Kurtenbach Naslund

Blue liners..
Jeff Brown Ohlund
Snepts Lumme
Murzyn Jovonoski
Kearns

Goal.. Luongo , Cloutier (just could't put Maclean on the ice with Brown )
Black Aces , Delorme , Hlinka, Stedlebauer,Diduck
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
User avatar
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1077
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:09 pm

Re: Best Canucks Lineup

Postby RoyalDude » Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:37 pm

This one's for Doc

Forwards - Bertuzzi - Jeff Tambellini - Tony Tanti

Defense - Bobby Manno Enrico Ciccone

Goalies - Roberto Luongo, Cesaer Maniago

Extra's
- Volpatti
- Pinizotto
- Duco
- Corrado
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate
User avatar
RoyalDude
CC Legend
 
Posts: 4713
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: Best Canucks Lineup

Postby Fred » Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:26 am

Funny about the Mogiliny/Bure/Federov line as Juniors. But as we know Mogiliny and Bure never really hit it of as 'Nucks should have been great but for some reason it wasn't. The rumour was that their was seniority amingst those thre and Mogiliny expected to come in and first of all have Bure play left wing. He was senior to Bure in the pecking order under the Russian system, but Bure wouldn't have any of it ... hostility resulted Any one else remember that ?
cheers
Fred
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3433
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 7:00 pm

Re: Best Canucks Lineup

Postby Potatoe1 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:40 am

Fred wrote:Funny about the Mogiliny/Bure/Federov line as Juniors. But as we know Mogiliny and Bure never really hit it of as 'Nucks should have been great but for some reason it wasn't. The rumour was that their was seniority amingst those thre and Mogiliny expected to come in and first of all have Bure play left wing. He was senior to Bure in the pecking order under the Russian system, but Bure wouldn't have any of it ... hostility resulted Any one else remember that ?


No we don't remember,,,,, mainly because it was just a rumor and probably never happened.
Potatoe1
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1613
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:06 pm

Re: Best Canucks Lineup

Postby ukcanuck » Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:11 am

Potatoe1 wrote:
Fred wrote:Funny about the Mogiliny/Bure/Federov line as Juniors. But as we know Mogiliny and Bure never really hit it of as 'Nucks should have been great but for some reason it wasn't. The rumour was that their was seniority amingst those thre and Mogiliny expected to come in and first of all have Bure play left wing. He was senior to Bure in the pecking order under the Russian system, but Bure wouldn't have any of it ... hostility resulted Any one else remember that ?


No we don't remember,,,,, mainly because it was just a rumor and probably never happened.

Wasn't it Bure's knee injuries that prevented the two from actually spending enough time on the ice to develop any consistent chemistry?

That's what I remember anyway
User avatar
ukcanuck
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 2432
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:04 am

Re: Best Canucks Lineup

Postby Fred » Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:57 am

ukcanuck wrote:
Potatoe1 wrote:
Fred wrote:Funny about the Mogiliny/Bure/Federov line as Juniors. But as we know Mogiliny and Bure never really hit it of as 'Nucks should have been great but for some reason it wasn't. The rumour was that their was seniority amingst those thre and Mogiliny expected to come in and first of all have Bure play left wing. He was senior to Bure in the pecking order under the Russian system, but Bure wouldn't have any of it ... hostility resulted Any one else remember that ?


No we don't remember,,,,, mainly because it was just a rumor and probably never happened.

Wasn't it Bure's knee injuries that prevented the two from actually spending enough time on the ice to develop any consistent chemistry?

That's what I remember anyway


Bure was still playing good hcokey when he left Vcr
cheers
Fred
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3433
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 7:00 pm

Re: Best Canucks Lineup

Postby Blob Mckenzie » Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:07 pm

So was Mogilny.
Tell me how my ass tastes.
User avatar
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3166
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Best Canucks Lineup

Postby Fred » Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:31 pm

I ran the stats, in his first season in Vcr he scored 0.7 goals per game in his last 2 seasons he scored 0.3 goals per game. To the end of his career he averaged 0.4 goals per season. I lost all the stats I ran and can't be bothered to run them again.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/teams/players/bio/?id=710

By the way i see Jensen is the leading scorer on AIK :D
cheers
Fred
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3433
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 7:00 pm

Re: Best Canucks Lineup

Postby Blob Mckenzie » Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:40 pm

You can run all the stats you want . He scored 280 points in his last 297 games in the NHL, including 123 goals. He scored at a 32 goal and 77 point pace after he left the Canucks. You said he basically fell off a cliff. That is a ridiculous statement tbqh and that's why I responded.

If you compare pretty much any season to his 76 goal year or his 50 goal year in Vancouver then they were all disappointments. Fact is Mogilny was a hell of a two way player and imho compared to a lot of the players that are currently taking up space in the Hall of Fame, he should probably be there too.

His game did not go into the toilet after he left here. He scored at basically a ppg clip and he won a cup.
Tell me how my ass tastes.
User avatar
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3166
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Best Canucks Lineup

Postby Fred » Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:01 pm

What ever
cheers
Fred
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3433
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 7:00 pm

Re: Best Canucks Lineup

Postby Per » Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:18 pm

ClamRussel wrote:
Southern_Canuck wrote:On Neely, I get that his best years weren't as a Canuck, but come on - who wouldn't want to have one of the best power forwards of all time on right wing with the Sedins? Neely was a pretty smart player as well, so I think the line would have had chemistry.


Well then you have to put your bias aside and put Messier in that lineup as well....who wouldn't want him in his prime?!? Guy was freaking scary and one of the top 2-way centers of all time. He and Sundin are HOF material all the way. Imagine a line of Sundin-Messier-Neely if you will, holy shit! If you look at their full NHL careers, Messier may be the most impressive Canuck of all time....in that sense. I know, a hard pill to swallow...I can't stand the fuck either. But lets call a spade a spade here, the guy was damn good.

Frick, while we're at it....if we're going to include Neely we'd HAVE to include Krutov. The guy was AMAZING when he was on the Red Army. Left LaFleur holding his jockstrap going end to end against Team Canada in '81. Ask Larionov how amazing Krutov was before he came here, guy was a stellar talent....one of the best in the world.

Yup. No question. Krutov was one of the best hockey players of all time.
Unfortunately he didn't have the discipline to stay in game shape when released into the free world. :(
User avatar
Per
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1846
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:45 am

Re: Best Canucks Lineup

Postby Per » Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:24 pm

Blob Mckenzie wrote:One wonders what kind of numbers Bertuzzi and Naslund could have put up with a true #1 centre. Nothing against Brendan Morrison but he was a pretty weak linemate for those two, but I will give him credit for being a decent defensive player.

I disagree. Morrison never really came across as spectacular, but he has always made the wingers on his line sparkle like diamonds. One of the most under rated players in the NHL. As for being a defensive player, hell yeah, when you centre a line with two wingers who can't spell defense and are surprised to learn there's a goalie on their team, as they've never been close enough to see him. :roll:
User avatar
Per
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1846
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:45 am

Re: Best Canucks Lineup

Postby ClamRussel » Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:52 pm

Fred wrote:Funny about the Mogiliny/Bure/Federov line as Juniors. But as we know Mogiliny and Bure never really hit it of as 'Nucks should have been great but for some reason it wasn't. The rumour was that their was seniority amingst those thre and Mogiliny expected to come in and first of all have Bure play left wing. He was senior to Bure in the pecking order under the Russian system, but Bure wouldn't have any of it ... hostility resulted Any one else remember that ?


The truth of the matter is, according to Mogilny himself, HE didn't know how he should fit in to things here. He said this was Bure's team and he was trying to adjust....whereas in Buffalo he was the go-to guy. In Vancouver he felt he should be more of the playmaker and set Bure up. It was when Bure got hurt that he went on to score over 50 goals as he became the trigger man. Shame this couldn't have been worked out.
"Once a King, always a King"
-Mike Murphy
User avatar
ClamRussel
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3852
Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2004 10:50 am
Location: New South Wales, Australia

Re: Best Canucks Lineup

Postby ukcanuck » Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:19 pm

ClamRussel wrote:
Fred wrote:Funny about the Mogiliny/Bure/Federov line as Juniors. But as we know Mogiliny and Bure never really hit it of as 'Nucks should have been great but for some reason it wasn't. The rumour was that their was seniority amingst those thre and Mogiliny expected to come in and first of all have Bure play left wing. He was senior to Bure in the pecking order under the Russian system, but Bure wouldn't have any of it ... hostility resulted Any one else remember that ?


The truth of the matter is, according to Mogilny himself, HE didn't know how he should fit in to things here. He said this was Bure's team and he was trying to adjust....whereas in Buffalo he was the go-to guy. In Vancouver he felt he should be more of the playmaker and set Bure up. It was when Bure got hurt that he went on to score over 50 goals as he became the trigger man. Shame this couldn't have been worked out.

That's how I remember it playing out...how the two of them would have worked it out on the ice with a full season we will never know but how scrotum shrinking could it have been for opposing goalies with two snipers on one power play or 1 and 1a power play teams :(
User avatar
ukcanuck
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 2432
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:04 am

PreviousNext

Return to Canucks Corner Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] and 3 guests