Vancouver's Hockey "Media"

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Re: Vancouver's Hockey "Media"

Postby clem » Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:54 pm

+1,
to not watching HNIC tonight & glad of it.
clem
CC 1st Team All-Star

Postby Fred » Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:24 am

DavidPratt_ wrote:
Mondi wrote:http://www.vancouversun.com/entertainment/Radio+David+Pratt+dialing+back+with+CKNW/6273987/story.html

The return of Big Daddy.

BIG DADDY ;)

DP

Hey would you mind these cyclists :D

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-17329797

"I have gone naked because it's the way to raise awareness of our rights for example the bicycle lanes that are never free, there are always taxis parked, police sleeping," protester Milagro Esquivel told the Reuters news agency.
cheers
Fred
CC Legend

Postby Mondi » Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:56 pm

Blake and Matt are so polite with D. Sedin when he is actually on the air with them, I mean compared to how they speak about him when he's not around.
Mondi
CC 1st Team All-Star

Postby ESQ » Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:56 am

I found this somewhat disturbing, as it was brought to my attention by a Leafs fan: Globe and Mail: Vancouver Fans Start To Panic

Then I was particularly disturbed to see the author (David Ebner, some recent transplant from Calgary) cites all of one blog post on THIS SITE as sourcing for his headline. The blog post, by the way, says there is a "mild form of 'controlled' panic" in Vancouver, but the main point is everyone just wants to get to the playoffs already.

So now I'm pissed off because a national newspaper is going out of its way to paint Vancouver fans in a bad light - that we're fickle, bandwagon-jumpers, etc. etc. And PS, nobody is panicking.
ESQ
CC 1st Team All-Star

Postby donlever » Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:07 am

lol.

Panic is such a misrepresented term by these mongoloids who have nothing better to write about.

Tell you what folks.

We'll panic when the 9.2 earthquake hits the North end of the Cascadia subduction zone.

Otherwise it's just a fukin hockey team.

Thanks.

Canuck fans.
A different goddamn hockey talk messageboard!
donlever
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby clem » Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:11 pm

ESQ wrote:I found this somewhat disturbing, as it was brought to my attention by a Leafs fan: Globe and Mail: Vancouver Fans Start To Panic.

In TO, it's not hard to find condescending attitudes towards Vancouver. Not nasty. Tolerance of a backwards sibling.

A milder version of the attitude some here show towards Calgary.
clem
CC 1st Team All-Star

Postby jwmann2 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:08 pm

The hockey media in Canada has always been worse than the media the American teams get. However, I expect it to worsen as the game gets bigger; which it has. The NHL is now more popular than the NBA.
jwmann2
AHL Prospect

Postby TDA Rum » Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:30 am

I wish someone would hire Glen Hanlon as an analyst, as he is very well spoken, articulate and insightful....he would be so much better than so many of the other analysts out there....
TDA Rum
CC Veteran

Postby wafflecombine » Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:00 pm

Just media in general I would say. Still the most hated team, most of the predictions I've read thus far read like "OMG the Canucks will be lucky to survive XXXX series" and Canucks loose Stanley Cup again to any team they are matched against up to and including a bag of pucks.

meh. Embrace the hate, play our game and hoist the cup.
wafflecombine
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Postby RoyalDude » Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:21 pm

What the fuck is up with Botchford??? He has taken over the throne for the most annoying local sporting journalist. A title once held by the great David Pratt.
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate
RoyalDude
CC Legend

Postby SKYO » Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:41 pm

Too much to read on this thread, I'll just throw out another +1 on abolishing Tony Gallagher.

SKYO
CC Legend

Postby ClamRussel » Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:37 pm

RoyalDude wrote:What the fuck is up with Botchford??? He has taken over the throne for the most annoying local sporting journalist. A title once held by the great David Pratt.

No shit. Have you ever seen him on a panel on SportsNet or HNIC? Guy has that look on his face, of 'holy shit I can't believe I've made it! I'm actually pulling this off! ...and I'm going to be a celebrity!!! I hope they don't catch on' ....or his Province profile shot wearing Beats headphones. There is alot of annoying goofs in the Van media circle but this guy is right near the top.
"Once a King, always a King"
-Mike Murphy
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Postby SKYO » Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:51 pm

ClamRussel wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:What the fuck is up with Botchford??? He has taken over the throne for the most annoying local sporting journalist. A title once held by the great David Pratt.

No shit. Have you ever seen him on a panel on SportsNet or HNIC? Guy has that look on his face, of 'holy shit I can't believe I've made it! I'm actually pulling this off! ...and I'm going to be a celebrity!!! I hope they don't catch on' ....or his Province profile shot wearing Beats headphones. There is alot of annoying goofs in the Van media circle but this guy is right near the top.

lolololol
SKYO
CC Legend

Postby Boston Canucker » Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:55 am

ClamRussel wrote:

Yes, the profile pic with his headphones is particularly pathetic...there is nothing less cool than someone working really hard to look cool....I'd even say, he's a DUD!
Boston Canucker
CC 1st Team All-Star

Postby Blob Mckenzie » Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:36 pm

This lockout is killling the assheads that work for the TEAM 1040. Nothing but Lions and Whitecaps to talk about. They attempt to talk MLB and NFL but they are way out of their element.

Thank christ for 1410 and Patrick, Mike and Mike and Rome for decent sports talk.

The only local fellas I can stand on the TEAM are Tom Mayenecht and Terry David Mulligan .
Tell me how my ass tastes.
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Canucks Corner Chat