There will be a strike

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Re: There will be a strike

Post by ukcanuck »

potato 1 wrote: smug.....me!!
sigh,
Well it looks like we will have to agree to disagree, not only on what each has said, and what we think we have said but also what we think the other one has said as well.
I suppose that's the rule rather than exception around
Here :)
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

If every single fan called the league and gave their two cents, would it make a lick of a difference?

Regular season games have officially been cancelled, and that really pisses me off.

I called: 212-789-2000
Benjo
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Benjo »

We've already lost our game vs. Pitts :scowl:
okcanuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by okcanuck »

OK its official we now are losing regular season games. Whats wrong with this picture? I'll tell you whats wrong.

The NHL dispute is being led by two people, Feur (baseball origins) and Bettman (basketball origins) , neither one of which are true hockey people and neither one of which really understand the true nature of the greatest sport in the world. Both of these idiots have to go. Enough is enough. Bring in two real hockey people,like say Malholtra for the players and Kevin Lowe for the owners ,get them to hammer out a reasonable deal(probably half way between both proposals) and end this ridiculous dispute.

I honestly think the whole problem so far has been that the wrong people are leading each side. It takes people with a true passion for the game to try and settle this thing.

I for one have vowed that I will never watch another NHL game if this season is totally lost.I've had it with these prima donnas like Feur and Buttman destroying the game I really love. I'll watch my WHL games and the Lions ,but I'll totally block out the NHL.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

I believe Lever owes us a rant.....
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

okcanuck wrote:OK its official we now are losing regular season games. Whats wrong with this picture? I'll tell you whats wrong.

The NHL dispute is being led by two people, Feur (baseball origins) and Bettman (basketball origins) , neither one of which are true hockey people and neither one of which really understand the true nature of the greatest sport in the world. Both of these idiots have to go. Enough is enough. Bring in two real hockey people,like say Malholtra for the players and Kevin Lowe for the owners ,get them to hammer out a reasonable deal(probably half way between both proposals) and end this ridiculous dispute.

I honestly think the whole problem so far has been that the wrong people are leading each side. It takes people with a true passion for the game to try and settle this thing.

I for one have vowed that I will never watch another NHL game if this season is totally lost.I've had it with these prima donnas like Feur and Buttman destroying the game I really love. I'll watch my WHL games and the Lions ,but I'll totally block out the NHL.
Totally agree! Get rid of the non-hockey people. Let the players and former players work it out.
At least we can assume they understand the need for the games to be played!

As for the netball and stickball people - good riddance! :evil:
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Mëds wrote:I believe Lever owes us a rant.....
Well technically they have cancelled existing games, however those games can be made up if a resolution is found soon.

On TSN they were saying they'd be willing to allow the season to extend to the end of June. They can also cancel the All-Star game (which would be fine by me BTW).

If there's a way to get in 82 games you better believe the owners will be all for it, this is a gate driven league!
Southern_Canuck
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Southern_Canuck »

Mondi wrote:As a side note, the Sedins' ability to reach the 1000 point plateau has been severely impacted by the turd lockout commissioner.
Yeah, 2005-06 is the year the Sedins really broke out offensively - if they had done that in 2004-05 instead... let's say Henrik gets 57 assists that lockout season - considering that he is currently 83rd on the All-Time Career Assists list with 576 - with no 2004-05 lockout he would be inside the top 70 at 68th alongside the likes of Darryl Sittler, Borje Salming, Peter Forsberg, Neal Broten, and Mike Gartner.

S_C
It's a great day for hockey!
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

On the bright side, they are celebrating in Toronto as they are tied for first in their conference. :lol:

I knew last season that there would be a lock out and still say that this whole season is gone. The owners and players will never learn how to properly divide up the pie. Give me 30 minutes and I can do a better job that a bunch of over priced lawyers will ever do when they want it to go on and on.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Mondi wrote: If there is an 82 game season I'll eat my shorts.
GREAT, so we'll have an 82 game season, Lever will stick around, AND you'll eat your shorts! :thumbs:

Frankly I think either way you should eat your shorts butt wotever....
Mondi wrote: The owners never intended to drop the puck on time and both sides are so utterly arrogant they can't even agree to meet.
They actually met today.

Please post pics of you eating your shorts when the time comes!
____
Try to focus on someday.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Strangelove wrote:
Mondi wrote: If there is an 82 game season I'll eat my shorts.
GREAT, so we'll have an 82 game season, Lever will stick around, AND you'll eat your shorts! :thumbs:

Frankly I think either way you should eat your shorts butt wotever....
Mondi wrote: The owners never intended to drop the puck on time and both sides are so utterly arrogant they can't even agree to meet.
They actually met today.

Please post pics of you eating your shorts when the time comes!
Do you think an actual photo of shorts eating will scar my mind less than the mental image I have now?
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

ukcanuck wrote: Do you think an actual photo of shorts eating will scar my mind less than the mental image I have now?
I'm betting it all sticks to the roof of his mouth like peanut butter. :thumbs:

Hmmm wonder if Mondi will get a Abdulmutallab-esque bang outta this. :D
____
Try to focus on someday.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Strangelove wrote:
ukcanuck wrote: Do you think an actual photo of shorts eating will scar my mind less than the mental image I have now?
I'm betting it all sticks to the roof of his mouth like peanut butter. :thumbs:

Hmmm wonder if Mondi will get a Abdulmutallab-esque bang outta this. :D
Hey someone call dragons den for investors in mondi's new line of baked beans...
okcanuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by okcanuck »

Boston Canucker wrote:
Canuck-One wrote:
Mëds wrote:Wouldn't the irony be just sickening if the PA played hardball so the owners said fuck it and hired replacement players.....and the Vanvouver Replacement Canucks win the Cup.....

Or any other team with no silverware yet.....I'd love it.
You mean scabs. Replacement players are those who play when a player is injured. A scab is a loathesome piece of shit that hopefully dies a slow and painful death. Used exclusively by rich owners of businesses to steal the food out of your children's mouth. In this instance they would be used to break the NHLPA. If scabs are ever introduced, this is one fan who will walk away forever. When Keanu Reeves starred as a scab I quit going to any movies he has been in.
+1 :thumbs:
So...... Its ok for an NHLPA player to go overseas and take a job away from some poor smuk just trying to put food on the table
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

okcanuck wrote:
So...... Its ok for an NHLPA player to go overseas and take a job away from some poor smuk just trying to put food on the table
I'm just guessing there OK, but you arent now nor ever have been a union member have you?