Kesler Return From Rehab Pushed back to Jan at Earliest

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: Kesler Return From Rehab Pushed back to Jan at Earliest

Post by rats19 »

The situation kind of reminds me of Bure, I remember thinking that his was destined to be a short career, once his legs went as they inevitably do, how does he reinvent himself? I think Kes is faced with the same dilemma, he doesn't need to consistently drive through three guys all hell bent for leather every play every game, he just needs to be able to cash in on the threat that he can. Develop the cagey old warrior mindset with a healthy body and 75-80% animal Kes will do nicely. IMO...
If that's what we get back next year I'm happy
who on this or any other board..couch...TV...radio...streaming...in nuckville wouldnt be??? RD???? JK :twisted: I am sure even RD would be happy with that.
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

rats19 wrote:
The situation kind of reminds me of Bure, I remember thinking that his was destined to be a short career, once his legs went as they inevitably do, how does he reinvent himself? I think Kes is faced with the same dilemma, he doesn't need to consistently drive through three guys all hell bent for leather every play every game, he just needs to be able to cash in on the threat that he can. Develop the cagey old warrior mindset with a healthy body and 75-80% animal Kes will do nicely. IMO...
who on this or any other board..couch...TV...radio...streaming...in nuckville wouldnt be??? RD???? JK :twisted: I am sure even RD would be happy with that.
lol
Not knuckville but I know a few flames fans who hate to see any kind of comeback
Last edited by ukcanuck on Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

ukcanuck wrote:
rats19 wrote:
lol
I know a few flames fans who hate to see any kind of comeback
hence...the nuckville reference... :wink:
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Sorry one eye on my iPhone, the other trying to keep on the road ... :shock:
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

ukcanuck wrote:Sorry one eye on my iPhone, the other trying to keep on the road ... :shock:
DISTRACTED DRIVER...DISTRACTED DRIVER..... :wink:
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

rats19 wrote:
ukcanuck wrote:Sorry one eye on my iPhone, the other trying to keep on the road ... :shock:
Oh boy is that EVER the gnu faux pau or what!
All of a sudden every third person in a car is as bad as a drunk driver!
Actually I was a little more distracted by the fear that I was gonna have my comment mistaken for a comparison between Bure and Kesler and have my mongoloidness pointed out again lol
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

ukcanuck wrote:
rats19 wrote:
Oh boy is that EVER the gnu faux pau or what!
All of a sudden every third person in a car is as bad as a drunk driver!
Actually I was a little more distracted by the fear that I was gonna have my comment mistaken for a comparison between Bure and Kesler and have my mongoloidness pointed out again lol
I know hey...texting and driving is very dangerous...it really is.

not my deal to point out mongoloidness..... ;)
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

rats19 wrote: I know hey...texting and driving is very dangerous...it really is.

Drive by mongoloidnessing

Yeah it is dangerous as hell, just one more adventure for us on motorcycles too- that's what's cool about UK laws though, you can filter through traffic so you don't have to hang your ass out for soccer mom to take you out while getting her gossip on.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

ukcanuck wrote:
rats19 wrote: I know hey...texting and driving is very dangerous...it really is.

Drive by mongoloidnessing

Yeah it is dangerous as hell, just one more adventure for us on motorcycles too- that's what's cool about UK laws though, you can filter through traffic so you don't have to hang your ass out for soccer mom to take you out while getting her gossip on.
that is the "mongoloidnessingest!!
griz
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by griz »

Tiger wrote:
ukcanuck wrote:
tantalum wrote:Short lockout or long lockout don't expect much of anything from Kesler until the 2013/14 season.
Don't know about you, but I'd be alright with that if we get back the Kesler that nearly destroyed Nashville all by himself.
Love to see that... but doubt he will ever equai that performance again.. I also have fears that this years edition of the Canucks will be much worse than the last 2 seasons editions.. Loss of Kesler.. inadequate replacement of Salo and Rome and I expect the Sedins production to decline.. When we have to pin our hopes on guys like Schroeder who has never played in the nhl and Kassian with his limited experience we are in trouble.. With the other teams in our division getting better I can't see another Presidents trophy.. and can see another early playoff exit.
Loss of Kesler? With the loss of half the regular season, this might not matter. We only need to make the playoffs and having a healthy Kesler would be awesome.

Inadequate replacement of Salo? Salo rocked but I believe that Garrison should be more than an adequate replacement.

Inadequate replacement of Rome? I like Rome, many didn't. But I don't think replacing a non top-4 D is a big challenge for Gillis.

Sedin production decline? Some have hinted at this. It's all downhill when you've been to the top. But I'm not worried about it. They are more experienced then ever.

I do not believe there are hopes for the success of the organization being pinned on Schroeder. But I certainly have liked what I've seen from him. I think he will surprise, check out some of his youtube highlights.

As for Kassian and his limited experience, the only way to get experience is to play. What happens if he were to develop into a Bertuzzi or Lucic? I realize that I used the word IF, but I believe he can be a game changer. Time will tell. If he lives up to expectation then we're very lucky to have him on the team as these types of players are exactly what every team needs and are rare.

Don't forget the Luongo trade potential and how it could impact the team in a positive way. I guess all I'm saying is that I remain excited to be a Canucks fan. The back to back president's trophies may not mean much to many people, but they did get to game 7 of the finals recently too and that DOES mean something. I believe the Canucks remain as big time cup contenders.
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Good point, as we have seen with many players (ie Raymond), they really struggle after they come back from injury and it usually takes them a year to get their game back. This coming season may be a write off for Kes. :(

tantalum wrote:Short lockout or long lockout don't expect much of anything from Kesler until the 2013/14 season.
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

griz said :
Loss of Kesler? With the loss of half the regular season, this might not matter. We only need to make the playoffs and having a healthy Kesler would be awesome.

Inadequate replacement of Salo? Salo rocked but I believe that Garrison should be more than an adequate replacement.

Inadequate replacement of Rome? I like Rome, many didn't. But I don't think replacing a non top-4 D is a big challenge for Gillis.

Sedin production decline? Some have hinted at this. It's all downhill when you've been to the top. But I'm not worried about it. They are more experienced then ever.

I do not believe there are hopes for the success of the organization being pinned on Schroeder. But I certainly have liked what I've seen from him. I think he will surprise, check out some of his youtube highlights.

As for Kassian and his limited experience, the only way to get experience is to play. What happens if he were to develop into a Bertuzzi or Lucic? I realize that I used the word IF, but I believe he can be a game changer. Time will tell. If he lives up to expectation then we're very lucky to have him on the team as these types of players are exactly what every team needs and are rare.

Don't forget the Luongo trade potential and how it could impact the team in a positive way. I guess all I'm saying is that I remain excited to be a Canucks fan. The back to back president's trophies may not mean much to many people, but they did get to game 7 of the finals recently too and that DOES mean something. I believe the Canucks remain as big time cup contenders.
OK point taken on Kesler maybe ready to perform 100% by playoff time.. problem is we did not pick up a decent winger for the second line from the UFA pool. I doubt we will get that player with the Luongo trade.

As for the rest . that is one hell of alot of Ifs and maybe's ..
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

LOL ... Aaron Rome wasn't even playing in the playoffs. Alberts/Ballard /pylon replaces him. As mentioned Jason Garrison more than replaces Sami Salo. A lot will shake out from the potential trades of a couple players once the lockout is settled.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Vader
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Vader »

While the Sedins statistically "declined" last season and had they had some uncharacteristic uneven moments during the season, the reality is that when the dust settled a Sedin lead the Western conference in scoring for the 3rd consecutive season.
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

True, statistically the Sedins did drop a lil, but still had good numbers vs other players around the conference. However, for fans who watch a lot of games and watch the Sedins closesly, I think they see signs of the Sedins declining and not being that proficient socring threat that they once were. I fall in this camp too and it is kind of like watching Naslund's game deteriorate all over again. Hope to be wrong, but yeah. :cry:

Vader wrote:While the Sedins statistically "declined" last season and had they had some uncharacteristic uneven moments during the season, the reality is that when the dust settled a Sedin lead the Western conference in scoring for the 3rd consecutive season.