Booth kills baited bear

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Re: Booth kills baited bear

Postby RoyalDude » Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:20 am

Topper wrote:Do fishermen bait their hooks?

Well, if humans were Amphibious then I'd bitch about the cowardliness of that as well.
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate
RoyalDude
CC Legend

Postby RoyalDude » Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:22 am

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:Shite. Topper is like Grizzly Adams. I am stumped. I guess it's alright to hang out in a tree, in camo, bear baitin in Topper's redneck world.

You have done nothing to refute his points. Perhaps your friend needs to participate in this thread.

Well, Blobby Beers, It's impossible for an urbanite to argue about the facts of Man vs Wild when said person is a regular Dick Proenneke.
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate
RoyalDude
CC Legend

Postby Topper » Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:37 am

Don't know about Dick Proenneke, but I did meet Micheal Oros in the bush north of Shesley one afternoon. Mad Mike, he called himself. Was dressed in buckskins and had a dog with a snout full of porcupine quills. Gave him a new axe file and about 50' of poly rope.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Topper
CC Legend

Postby RoyalDude » Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:44 am

Topper wrote:Don't know about Dick Proenneke, but I did meet Micheal Oros in the bush north of Shesley one afternoon. Mad Mike, he called himself. Was dressed in buckskins and had a dog with a snout full of porcupine quills. Gave him a new axe file and about 50' of poly rope.

Dick Proenneke is the original real deal Bush Man, Topper. Surprised a man of your wilderness calibre does not know of him.
RoyalDude
CC Legend

Postby coco_canuck » Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:12 am

ClamRussel wrote:You're forgetting the key part of hunting ....the "hunt". Going out to the wilderness and searching for your own. Thats hunting. What Booth did is pathetic. Its not a "man's" sport, its rich men feeding their egos but can't be bothered getting cold, wet & possibly failing.

Hunting practices evolve, just like anything else.

Should he go out with a sharpened stick and use it as a spear to be true to the vague notion of "searching for your own?"

The first rule of hunting is safety, and anyone who has ever actually gone hunting knows this.

ClamRussel wrote:The after photos are disrespectful at best.

So, is taking a picture of your steak or chicken for dinner also disrespectful?
coco_canuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Postby rats19 » Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:30 am

For the record...I have never Shot a bear and have no desire to..I also woukdnt bait if I decided to..just go to the home of. Willie Mitchell..spot and stock book bruins...
You are who you hang with.....
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Postby ukcanuck » Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:48 am

Did anyone make a joke about shooting bruins two playoffs ago? Seems like there could be a good quip there...
ukcanuck
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby ClamRussel » Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:33 am

coco_canuck wrote:
ClamRussel wrote:You're forgetting the key part of hunting ....the "hunt". Going out to the wilderness and searching for your own. Thats hunting. What Booth did is pathetic. Its not a "man's" sport, its rich men feeding their egos but can't be bothered getting cold, wet & possibly failing.

Hunting practices evolve, just like anything else.

Should he go out with a sharpened stick and use it as a spear to be true to the vague notion of "searching for your own?"

The first rule of hunting is safety, and anyone who has ever actually gone hunting knows this.

Spare me the strawman argument. And here I thought you were the logical one on this board now.

coco_canuck wrote:
ClamRussel wrote:The after photos are disrespectful at best.

Not if you were sitting in a tree when you took that baited cow or chicken down w/ the kill shot.
"Once a King, always a King"
-Mike Murphy
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Postby coco_canuck » Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:08 pm

ClamRussel wrote:Spare me the strawman argument. And here I thought you were the logical one on this board now.

Oh come on Clam, where is the strawman?

I said your notion of "searching for your own" and a more noble way of hunting is vague, and I asked a question in that vein.

That's no strawman my friend.

ClamRussel wrote:Not if you were sitting in a tree when you took that baited cow or chicken down w/ the kill shot.

Right, because eating meat from animal farms made for slaughter is much better.
Last edited by coco_canuck on Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
coco_canuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Postby RoyalDude » Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:17 pm

coco_canuck wrote:

Well holy shit, really? I did not know that. Thanks Dad
RoyalDude
CC Legend

Postby RoyalDude » Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:18 pm

coco_canuck wrote:

Stay within the content of the debate with some respectability and lose the condescending tone, Father.
RoyalDude
CC Legend

Postby RoyalDude » Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:21 pm

It''s basically this, Coco. We all know that meat comes from animals, some cute and cuddly, some not so cute and cuddly, in order for humans to get meat some animal has to get killed, I would think that Clam is intelligent enough to know this and actually does not mind this. What we are talking about here is how one dufus named Booth went about game hunting and how absolutely cheesey his process of seeking out a bear really was. Quite simple, really.
RoyalDude
CC Legend

Postby coco_canuck » Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:32 pm

Once again RD, you show your laughable lack of intelligence.

The unstated implication of the safety comment ties into this whole baiting thing.

It's much safer to hunt a bear by baiting, in a province where that is legal, than a more "noble" way.

If that's still too hard for you to grasp...then I'm sorry buddy, but good try, good effort.
coco_canuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Postby coco_canuck » Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:35 pm

RoyalDude wrote:Stay within the content of the debate with some respectability and lose the condescending tone, Father.

RD, telling ME, about respectability and a condescending tone?

Bawhaha

Man, now that's rich.
coco_canuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Postby ClamRussel » Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:07 pm

coco_canuck wrote:
ClamRussel wrote:Not if you were sitting in a tree when you took that baited cow or chicken down w/ the kill shot.

Right, because eating meat from animal farms made for slaughter is much better.

I never said that. Classic case of strawman right there.

Baiting bears is bad.....so slaughter houses are good?

I qualified earlier I wasn't talking about hunting, it was baiting specifically.
"Once a King, always a King"
-Mike Murphy
ClamRussel
CC Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Canucks Corner Chat