Booth kills baited bear

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: Booth kills baited bear

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

herb wrote:Vancouverites would probably like Booth better if he was a spandex wearing, metrosexual bicyclist.

Some Vancouverites would probably like him better for sure herb, and I think one of them posts here.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Nobody has an issue with killing bears, hell I'd kill love to kill the damn bear that has raided our garbage can all summer it is just the way Booth went about it, the whole bear baiting thing while parked way up high in a tree in camouflage, how fucking cheesey is that and that dumb ass look on his face while he was doing it. Where is the sport in that, real fucking challenging way to hunt I tell ya. I have a close friend who hunts black bears all the time, legally and they certainly do not go about it the cheesey way Booth does.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
herb wrote:Vancouverites would probably like Booth better if he was a spandex wearing, metrosexual bicyclist.

Some Vancouverites would probably like him better for sure herb, and I think one of them posts here.

you gotta be laughing now :D
BingoTough
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by BingoTough »

RoyalDude wrote:Nobody has an issue with killing bears
Doubtful. The people pissed off with him aren't angry hunters.
RoyalDude wrote:whole bear baiting thing while parked way up high in a tree in camouflage, how fucking cheesey is that and that dumb ass look on his face while he was doing it
He killed a bear in a cheesy way? Was supposed to fight it, pull a jersey over it's eyes and clock it a few times?

Hunting is hunting, so long as the death doesn't cause prolonged pain, then fair enough. I imagine that with a crossbow, you can't reload quickly enough if you miss/piss the bear off and so it's for his own safety. Again, I don't particularly like hunting but this is a big meh.
Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

rats19 wrote:He is a hunter..I have zero issue with legal hunting. I hunt myself..rifle , bow, shotgun.
How about beating the bear/wapati to death with a bible
cheers
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Throw the book at him......takes on another meaning
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

rats19 wrote:Throw the book at him......takes on another meaning
:lol:
cheers
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Vegetarian - old Indian word for lousy hunter
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Topper wrote:Vegetarian - old Indian word for lousy hunter
hey 2 dogs...no luck today??? here's some berries...lol
BingoTough
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by BingoTough »

BingoTough wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:Nobody has an issue with killing bears
Doubtful. The people pissed off with him aren't angry hunters.
RoyalDude wrote:whole bear baiting thing while parked way up high in a tree in camouflage, how fucking cheesey is that and that dumb ass look on his face while he was doing it
He killed a bear in a cheesy way? Was supposed to fight it, pull a jersey over it's eyes and clock it a few times?

Hunting is hunting, so long as the death doesn't cause prolonged pain, then fair enough. I imagine that with a crossbow, you can't reload quickly enough if you miss/piss the bear off and so it's for his own safety. Again, I don't particularly like hunting but this is a big meh.
This is how bored I am. I'm arguing with RoyalDude about whether Booth killed bears in the right way.

I miss my hockey.
DonCherry4PM
MVP
MVP

Post by DonCherry4PM »

rats19 wrote:Rude obnoxious ignorance....or dumb ignorant ignorance.. :?:
:) I guess the answer depends on whether posting something that a certain percentage of the population may have a problem with equates to being rude, obnoxious, ignorant or any combination of them.

Anyway, I am in agreement with Bingo. I miss hockey... Debating bear baiting is getting old.
Invincibility lies in oneself.
Vincibility lies in the enemy.

- Sun Tzu
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

DonCherry4PM wrote:
rats19 wrote:Rude obnoxious ignorance....or dumb ignorant ignorance.. :?:
:) I guess the answer depends on whether posting something that a certain percentage of the population may have a problem with equates to being rude, obnoxious, ignorant or any combination of them.

Anyway, I am in agreement with Bingo. I miss hockey... Debating bear baiting is getting old.
on that note; PA and NHL at the table today...nothing financial being discussed...wtf :crazy:
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

DonCherry4PM wrote:Debating bear baiting is getting old.
Even if you agree with shooting bears for shits n' giggles one would have to admit that "baiting" is fucking lazy. What kind of a "hunt" is that? If you want to go hunting, get off your privileged ass and do it right. Nothing ethical about trophy hunting in the slightest, its not even remotely respectable. Its one step away from hunting in a zoo.
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

BingoTough wrote:Hunting is hunting, so long as the death doesn't cause prolonged pain, then fair enough. I imagine that with a crossbow, you can't reload quickly enough if you miss/piss the bear off and so it's for his own safety. Again, I don't particularly like hunting but this is a big meh.
You're forgetting the key part of hunting ....the "hunt". Going out to the wilderness and searching for your own. Thats hunting. What Booth did is pathetic. Its not a "man's" sport, its rich men feeding their egos but can't be bothered getting cold, wet & possibly failing.

The after photos are disrespectful at best.
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Hats off to Clam Russell, right on mate. I was actually talking about the whole Booth bear bating thing with this buddy of mine who is a seasoned, licensed, ethical bear hunter and he pretty much says in not so many words that bear baiting is not respectable sport hunting. Like Clam says, it's about the 'Hunt'. There is no sport in bear baiting.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau