Booth kills baited bear

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Re: Booth kills baited bear

Postby rats19 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:41 am

DonCherry4PM wrote:
rats19 wrote:Rude obnoxious ignorance....or dumb ignorant ignorance.. :?:

:) I guess the answer depends on whether posting something that a certain percentage of the population may have a problem with equates to being rude, obnoxious, ignorant or any combination of them.

Anyway, I am in agreement with Bingo. I miss hockey... Debating bear baiting is getting old.

on that note; PA and NHL at the table today...nothing financial being discussed...wtf :crazy:
You are who you hang with.....
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Postby ClamRussel » Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:18 pm

DonCherry4PM wrote:Debating bear baiting is getting old.

Even if you agree with shooting bears for shits n' giggles one would have to admit that "baiting" is fucking lazy. What kind of a "hunt" is that? If you want to go hunting, get off your privileged ass and do it right. Nothing ethical about trophy hunting in the slightest, its not even remotely respectable. Its one step away from hunting in a zoo.
"Once a King, always a King"
-Mike Murphy
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Postby ClamRussel » Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:23 pm

BingoTough wrote:Hunting is hunting, so long as the death doesn't cause prolonged pain, then fair enough. I imagine that with a crossbow, you can't reload quickly enough if you miss/piss the bear off and so it's for his own safety. Again, I don't particularly like hunting but this is a big meh.

You're forgetting the key part of hunting ....the "hunt". Going out to the wilderness and searching for your own. Thats hunting. What Booth did is pathetic. Its not a "man's" sport, its rich men feeding their egos but can't be bothered getting cold, wet & possibly failing.

The after photos are disrespectful at best.
-Mike Murphy
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Postby RoyalDude » Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:51 pm

Hats off to Clam Russell, right on mate. I was actually talking about the whole Booth bear bating thing with this buddy of mine who is a seasoned, licensed, ethical bear hunter and he pretty much says in not so many words that bear baiting is not respectable sport hunting. Like Clam says, it's about the 'Hunt'. There is no sport in bear baiting.
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate
RoyalDude
CC Legend

Postby Topper » Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:08 pm

Obvious Clam and the Dude have no clue about a kill shot with a bow on a 700lb bear and would much rather see the bear roaming the bush looking like a porcupine.

They are also ignorant to the use of pheromone sprayed decoys and rut calls to lure game for rifle hunting.

Rather romantic and nostalgic the idea tracking an animal by its hoof/paw prints and scat through the woods and then hefty out the carcass 3 miles to the road.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Topper
CC Legend

Postby ukcanuck » Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:12 pm

Topper wrote:Obvious Clam and the Dude have no clue about a kill shot with a bow on a 700lb bear and would much rather see the bear roaming the bush looking like a porcupine.

They are also ignorant to the use of pheromone sprayed decoys and rut calls to lure game for rifle hunting.

Rather romantic and nostalgic the idea tracking an animal by its hoof/paw prints and scat through the woods and then hefty out the carcass 3 miles to the road.

what do you do with 700 lbs of bear meat?
thats a whole lotta ham...
ukcanuck
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby rats19 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:22 pm

You are not safe from a bear in a tree stand.....really not safe with an Ill placed shot and a wounded panicked bear.

I went and helped a friend with a wounded bear in sayward thick nasty forest. I had a 12guage ..pulled out the plug and had slug,ssg,slug,ssg slug....I was fucking scared and we never found him..but when something can rip you to pieces it us very humbling. The bear was hit with a bow, my friend was up on a big stump deer hunting, this bear got on his scent trail and was going to climb the stump even after my friend tried to scare him off..it was self defence.
You are who you hang with.....
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Postby RoyalDude » Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:58 pm

Shite. Topper is like Grizzly Adams. I am stumped. I guess it's alright to hang out in a tree, in camo, bear baitin in Topper's redneck world.
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate
RoyalDude
CC Legend

Postby Blob Mckenzie » Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:15 pm

RoyalDude wrote:Shite. Topper is like Grizzly Adams. I am stumped. I guess it's alright to hang out in a tree, in camo, bear baitin in Topper's redneck world.

You have done nothing to refute his points. Perhaps your friend needs to participate in this thread.
Tell me how my ass tastes.
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend

Postby Strangelove » Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:32 pm

rats19 wrote:
Topper wrote:Vegetarian - old Indian word for lousy hunter

hey 2 dogs...no luck today??? here's some berries...lol

That would be: Hey Two Bucks Fucking... no luck today??? here's some berries. :D

Anyhoo until they domesticate bears with the bear farms that would bring, carry on Mr Booth!

... and keep posting those pics cuz the rise you’re getting outta the tree-humpers is priceless. :thumbs:

*goes back to shuffleboard game with Lever*
____
The Ring Leader
Strangelove
CC Legend

Postby ClamRussel » Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:03 pm

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:Shite. Topper is like Grizzly Adams. I am stumped. I guess it's alright to hang out in a tree, in camo, bear baitin in Topper's redneck world.

You have done nothing to refute his points. Perhaps your friend needs to participate in this thread.

Well in all fairness Blob, he did nothing to refute mine. Perhaps I am nostalgic, he says we're ignorant on a sidebar-whatever, I maintain firmly that baiting is the act of a narcissistic coward with too much time & money.
-Mike Murphy
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Postby Topper » Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:35 am

Do fishermen bait their hooks?

Topper
CC Legend

Postby Topper » Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:42 am

Squeal like a hog city boy.

Topper
CC Legend

Postby Topper » Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:44 am

Strangelove wrote:Anyhoo until they domesticate bears with the bear farms

In my part of the world they are called grow ops.

Topper
CC Legend

Postby Fred » Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:30 am

Topper wrote:
Strangelove wrote:Anyhoo until they domesticate bears with the bear farms

In my part of the world they are called grow ops.

A little early morning quality check there Topper

Couldn't resist :)
cheers
Fred
CC Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Canucks Corner Chat