Booth kills baited bear

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Re: Booth kills baited bear

Postby rats19 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:03 pm

Rude obnoxious ignorance....or dumb ignorant ignorance.. :?:
You are who you hang with.....
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Postby Tiger » Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:39 pm

rats19 wrote:He is a hunter..I have zero issue with legal hunting. I hunt myself..rifle , bow, shotgun.

+ 1

Have shot bear at a garbage dump out of Prince George ( about the same as baiting except I got more than 1 bear :) ).. and it takes a damm good hunter to bring down a Wapiti with a bow..
F the whining of the " social medium ".. Its a good legal mens sport..
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Tciso » Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:42 pm

ukcanuck wrote:I suppose that since the good people of BC, who indirectly pay his salary might not feel that way, he might excercise some of that intelligence, you would Like to give him credit for, and shut the fuck up about it if he can't cease and desist while he is a Canuck.

If enough of the earth muffins "good people" in BC actually cared, they'd have made it illegal to hunt bears, and we'd all be laughing at the punchline "a blackbear ate my baby".

The only people who really care are a few of the lazy reporters and a few others who hate hockey. Why you bother to read their drivel is beyond me
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
Tciso
CC 1st Team All-Star

Postby herb » Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:55 pm

Vancouverites would probably like Booth better if he was a spandex wearing, metrosexual bicyclist.

Booth likes spending his spare time outdoors with buddies hunting. So what. Those who want to put down the guy for hunting need to get off their pedestal and put down their latte and cheeseburger.

I think Booth hunting with a bow is pretty bad ass. At least he didn't track down the bear with a pack of dogs like many guys do.

This old bird is pretty badass too....to bad she didn't use a bow...what a pansy!

http://news.nationalpost.com/2012/09/27/95-year-old-n-s-hunter-uses-dead-eyed-aim-to-bag-her-first-moose/
herb
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Blob Mckenzie » Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:17 pm

herb wrote:Vancouverites would probably like Booth better if he was a spandex wearing, metrosexual bicyclist.

Some Vancouverites would probably like him better for sure herb, and I think one of them posts here.
Tell me how my ass tastes.
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend

Postby RoyalDude » Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:29 pm

Nobody has an issue with killing bears, hell I'd kill love to kill the damn bear that has raided our garbage can all summer it is just the way Booth went about it, the whole bear baiting thing while parked way up high in a tree in camouflage, how fucking cheesey is that and that dumb ass look on his face while he was doing it. Where is the sport in that, real fucking challenging way to hunt I tell ya. I have a close friend who hunts black bears all the time, legally and they certainly do not go about it the cheesey way Booth does.
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate
RoyalDude
CC Legend

Postby ukcanuck » Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:46 pm

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
herb wrote:Vancouverites would probably like Booth better if he was a spandex wearing, metrosexual bicyclist.

Some Vancouverites would probably like him better for sure herb, and I think one of them posts here.

you gotta be laughing now :D
ukcanuck
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby BingoTough » Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:58 am

RoyalDude wrote:Nobody has an issue with killing bears

Doubtful. The people pissed off with him aren't angry hunters.

RoyalDude wrote:whole bear baiting thing while parked way up high in a tree in camouflage, how fucking cheesey is that and that dumb ass look on his face while he was doing it

He killed a bear in a cheesy way? Was supposed to fight it, pull a jersey over it's eyes and clock it a few times?

Hunting is hunting, so long as the death doesn't cause prolonged pain, then fair enough. I imagine that with a crossbow, you can't reload quickly enough if you miss/piss the bear off and so it's for his own safety. Again, I don't particularly like hunting but this is a big meh.
I wonder if they'll disallow the whole game because of the distinct ass-kicking motion the Canucks used on the Kings? - Brian CC

Congratulations on the new job dave, try not to fuck it up this time eh? - UKCanuck
BingoTough
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Postby Fred » Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:05 am

rats19 wrote:He is a hunter..I have zero issue with legal hunting. I hunt myself..rifle , bow, shotgun.

How about beating the bear/wapati to death with a bible
cheers
Fred
CC Legend

Postby rats19 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:17 am

Throw the book at him......takes on another meaning
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Postby Fred » Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:34 am

rats19 wrote:Throw the book at him......takes on another meaning

:lol:
cheers
Fred
CC Legend

Postby Topper » Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:48 am

Vegetarian - old Indian word for lousy hunter
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Topper
CC Legend

Postby rats19 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:58 am

Topper wrote:Vegetarian - old Indian word for lousy hunter

hey 2 dogs...no luck today??? here's some berries...lol
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Postby BingoTough » Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:59 am

BingoTough wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:Nobody has an issue with killing bears

Doubtful. The people pissed off with him aren't angry hunters.

RoyalDude wrote:whole bear baiting thing while parked way up high in a tree in camouflage, how fucking cheesey is that and that dumb ass look on his face while he was doing it

He killed a bear in a cheesy way? Was supposed to fight it, pull a jersey over it's eyes and clock it a few times?

Hunting is hunting, so long as the death doesn't cause prolonged pain, then fair enough. I imagine that with a crossbow, you can't reload quickly enough if you miss/piss the bear off and so it's for his own safety. Again, I don't particularly like hunting but this is a big meh.

This is how bored I am. I'm arguing with RoyalDude about whether Booth killed bears in the right way.

I miss my hockey.
I wonder if they'll disallow the whole game because of the distinct ass-kicking motion the Canucks used on the Kings? - Brian CC

Congratulations on the new job dave, try not to fuck it up this time eh? - UKCanuck
BingoTough
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Postby DonCherry4PM » Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:39 am

rats19 wrote:Rude obnoxious ignorance....or dumb ignorant ignorance.. :?:

:) I guess the answer depends on whether posting something that a certain percentage of the population may have a problem with equates to being rude, obnoxious, ignorant or any combination of them.

Anyway, I am in agreement with Bingo. I miss hockey... Debating bear baiting is getting old.
Invincibility lies in oneself.
Vincibility lies in the enemy.

- Sun Tzu
DonCherry4PM
MVP
MVP

PreviousNext

Return to Canucks Corner Chat