TV Shows: What are you watching?

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: TV Shows: What are you watching?

Post by Cornuck »

some nice spoilers, there Blob.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Think Vince Gilligan jumped the shark here. Little too much Heisenburg
Shit's gotta hit the fan, there's only 8 more episodes and then the series is done.

Looks as though there will be a definite end to this series!

One of the best shows I've seen without question.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Watched the pilot of Last Resort. Looks like it has some great potential.....here's hoping they don't wreck it.

Two episodes into Revolution, intrigued by the main plot line. However, I prefer a more linear approach to stories and find flashback story telling a bit frustratingly slow at times.....I would rather they start somewhere and carry through to the outcome or build something up and then produce a complete prequel that runs into the beginning of the original. Still looks to be a good show though.....
ODB
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by ODB »

Mëds wrote: Two episodes into Revolution, intrigued by the main plot line. However, I prefer a more linear approach to stories and find flashback story telling a bit frustratingly slow at times.....I would rather they start somewhere and carry through to the outcome or build something up and then produce a complete prequel that runs into the beginning of the original. Still looks to be a good show though.....
I've watched the first two episodes and it's pure shit! Total shit! NBC, what did we expect?

HBO... How does NBC compete with that? They don't and that's the problem with Revolution. Kids aren't watching Revolution and no adult that's witnessed countless drama's on HBO and more recently AMC is going to watch that pile of crap and be able to take it serious... Giancarlo Esposito's, Breaking Bad fan's will not stick around IMO!

Actually Revolution might of worked had it been developed for HBO! :thumbs:

(yes i am a network snob, mainly because i dislike shit tv whoiswithme)
BTW, NOT A FLAME ... JUST AN OBSERVATION ... :P
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

ODB wrote:
Mëds wrote: Two episodes into Revolution, intrigued by the main plot line. However, I prefer a more linear approach to stories and find flashback story telling a bit frustratingly slow at times.....I would rather they start somewhere and carry through to the outcome or build something up and then produce a complete prequel that runs into the beginning of the original. Still looks to be a good show though.....
I've watched the first two episodes and it's pure shit! Total shit! NBC, what did we expect?

HBO... How does NBC compete with that? They don't and that's the problem with Revolution. Kids aren't watching Revolution and no adult that's witnessed countless drama's on HBO and more recently AMC is going to watch that pile of crap and be able to take it serious... Giancarlo Esposito's, Breaking Bad fan's will not stick around IMO!

colour me wityou

Its gonna take genius level work to out do Game of Thrones and Walking Dead IMHO

Dont know if networks are really set up for shows like them anyway. too much of the Bible belt is watching for all the sex, drugs and violence...you know the stuff that makes it all worth watching :)
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

ukcanuck wrote:
ODB wrote:

colour me wityou

Its gonna take genius level work to out do Game of Thrones and Walking Dead IMHO

Dont know if networks are really set up for shows like them anyway. too much of the Bible belt is watching for all the sex, drugs and violence...you know the stuff that makes it all worth watching :)
Well I won't even argue that HBO knows how to make TV. There aren't any shows that I'm aware of that really touch the stuff they put out in terms of production quality and grit. In Canada I would say that Showcase does a good job, but it's still not HBO. I'm not even comparing anything on the mainstream networks to HBO's shows like GoT.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Something tells me Mëds was a big fan of Grace Under Fire growing up.......maybe The Wonder Years.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Something tells me Mëds was a big fan of Grace Under Fire growing up.......maybe The Wonder Years.
LMAO!!!!

I don't think I've ever seen that one.

Big Star Trek fan though. ;)
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Arachnid wrote:If you guy want some laughs this summer you have to check out Wilfred
I just started watching this on Netflix - good stuff. :D
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Just finished watching Hell on Wheels on Netflix. That was good.
Mr.Miyagi
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Mr.Miyagi »

Did anyone catch Walking Dead season premiere on Sunday? What a beauty ... looks like this season is going to be awesome!

666 Park Avenue, Go On, and Guys with Kids are my favorite new ones this fall. Also still love Modern Family :)
In Okinawa, all Miyagi know two things: hockey and karate.
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Mr.Miyagi wrote:Did anyone catch Walking Dead season premiere on Sunday? What a beauty ... looks like this season is going to be awesome!
Just started watching Walking Dead. Got through the first season already on Netflix, the second is on there as well. I'm PVRing the current season so I can watch when I get caught up.

Still watching Dexter as well, gotta see how it ends.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Mëds wrote:Just finished watching Hell on Wheels on Netflix. That was good.
Hell on Wheels got a LOT better in season 2 though I didn't like the last episode. Cullen will be a very angry man next year and hopefully the Swede gets whats coming to him.

As an asside i need to find some new shows here with SOA and Homeland coming to a halt in the next three weeks. NFL Football, Rules of Engagement reruns and CSI NY won't be enough to ride out the winter.

Breaking Bad has like 8 more episodes and it is done. WTF I need a new show !!

:evil:
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Breaking Bad has like 8 more episodes and it is done. WTF I need a new show !!

:evil:
Yeah, kinda sucks that my go to show as well.

I'm watching Walking Dead and just got caught up to Game of Thrones.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Bobs burgers.. 8-)
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….