Booth kills baited bear

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Re: Booth kills baited bear

Postby Fred » Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:43 pm

ukcanuck wrote:
Fred wrote:Booth and his cross bow at it again :D It' all Bettmans fault :D

http://www.nucksmisconduct.com/2012/9/2 ... -it-or-not

Maybe we could bait Bettman with a jar of us twenties and have Booth waiting in a nearby tree...

:lol:
cheers
Fred
CC Legend

Postby BingoTough » Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:59 pm

I don't like hunting (as in it isn't a hobby I would ever have), but who gives a shit that DB kills bears or moose? Tons of people go hunting, you need to get licenses for it and since he hasn't been arrested yet, we can presume he's exercising due care when doing it.

It's far more humane than what we enforce on most livestock, or for that matter, the crazy-ass fox hunting they do here in the UK.

FFS, this just shouldn't be news. He isn't kicking dogs, or cats or orphans. He's engaging in a legal activity, which thousands of americans AND canadians participate in.
I wonder if they'll disallow the whole game because of the distinct ass-kicking motion the Canucks used on the Kings? - Brian CC

Congratulations on the new job dave, try not to fuck it up this time eh? - UKCanuck
BingoTough
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Postby Fred » Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:37 pm

Hey it's a distraction from discussing the current posts who like a record that is stuck in the groove keeps repeating and repeating over and over.

Mind you I'd have thought he would have learned from last time and kept it to himself. Maybe he's just dumb :lol: :lol:
cheers
Fred
CC Legend

Postby ukcanuck » Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:52 pm

Fred wrote:Hey it's a distraction from discussing the current posts who like a record that is stuck in the groove keeps repeating and repeating over and over.

Mind you I'd have thought he would have learned from last time and kept it to himself. Maybe he's just dumb :lol: :lol:

Lol I guess we had better get used to stretching for topics to grind into dust if the current union busting by the gangster owners continue for long :)

As for Booth :

I've never had the chance to see him play live and have no idea what he does away from the puck and out of view of the camera so all I have to go on is the dude's claims on his intelligence. I know Dude has a batting average like a Busted clock so he could be right at least twice a day, is he right about Booth being a dumb hockey player without the puck.

I think the Dude also complains about his only move is to drive the net with the puck, but to my mind that's a gutsy play against NHL defensemen... personally I'd like more Canucks to do that not less
ukcanuck
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Meds » Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:42 pm

ukcanuck wrote:As for Booth :

I've never had the chance to see him play live and have no idea what he does away from the puck and out of view of the camera so all I have to go on is the dude's claims on his intelligence. I know Dude has a batting average like a Busted clock so he could be right at least twice a day, is he right about Booth being a dumb hockey player without the puck.

I think the Dude also complains about his only move is to drive the net with the puck, but to my mind that's a gutsy play against NHL defensemen... personally I'd like more Canucks to do that not less

Well, remember UK, Dude thinks that every time he has a good idea(rarely, actually non-existent sofar as we have read on this board) about a move where Gillis should make a move and better the team through a trade, the other GM(s) involved in that trade are supposed to snap to and do exactly what Gillis says. After all, isn't that what the other 29 GM's in the league are being paid to do.....make the Canucks a better team by giving up gold for coal? :roll:

In Booth's particular case, I don't think there was going to be much in the off'ing for a pair of aging and declining wingers. Getting a powerforward in his mid twenties in exchange for a couple of mid-thirty "wingers", one of whom who hadn't put up any real numbers for several seasons and boasted two serious knee injuries.....well that alone would at least merit some serious consideration, no? Both Sturm and Samuelsson played 6 games for the Canucks last season, were traded for a younger, stronger, player, and then proceeded to play 42 and 48 games, respectively, for the Panthers. Sturm contributed 5 points while Samuelsson added 28 points. At the time of trade they had combined for 3 points for Vancouver. Booth, for his part, contributed 29 points for Vancouver in 56 games.

It should be noted that Gillis also picked up Steven Reinprecht and a 3rd round pick from Florida in that trade. I don't think there is a GM in the league that wouldn't do the same deal in Gillis' shoes.
Meds
CC Legend

Postby DonCherry4PM » Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:21 pm

Fred wrote:Mind you I'd have thought he would have learned from last time and kept it to himself. Maybe he's just dumb :lol: :lol:

Or perhaps he just doesn't care what any of us think or say about his hunting. :)
Invincibility lies in oneself.
Vincibility lies in the enemy.

- Sun Tzu
DonCherry4PM
MVP
MVP

Postby rats19 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:23 pm

DonCherry4PM wrote:
Fred wrote:Mind you I'd have thought he would have learned from last time and kept it to himself. Maybe he's just dumb :lol: :lol:

Or perhaps he just doesn't care what any of us think or say about his hunting. :)

*BINGO*
You are who you hang with.....
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Postby Fred » Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:59 pm

DonCherry4PM wrote:

I'd like to give him more credit than that, dumb is better than not caring about those around you IMO
cheers
Fred
CC Legend

Postby ukcanuck » Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:46 pm

Fred wrote:
DonCherry4PM wrote:

I'd like to give him more credit than that, dumb is better than not caring about those around you IMO

Maybe he just doesn't understand what the problem is because he thinks it's perfectly acceptable to kill anything without a soul because "God gave us the earth to use as we see fit" or something like that, it's in the first part of Genesis, just after Adam gets his walking papers, "dominion over the earth" is closer to the term anyway.
would definitely fit with a bible belt mentality...

I suppose that since the good people of BC, who indirectly pay his salary might not feel that way, he might excercise some of that intelligence, you would Like to give him credit for, and shut the fuck up about it if he can't cease and desist while he is a Canuck.
I dunno might be the sensitive thing to do...another thing you can find in the bible....
ukcanuck
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby rats19 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:52 pm

He is a hunter..I have zero issue with legal hunting. I hunt myself..rifle , bow, shotgun.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Postby ukcanuck » Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:14 pm

rats19 wrote:He is a hunter..I have zero issue with legal hunting. I hunt myself..rifle , bow, shotgun.

I'm sure you don't go out of your way to rub the nose of those who don't agree in it though.
Just do your thing but keep it out of social media while in greencouver?
ukcanuck
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby rats19 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:17 pm

Do you think he went out of his way...or is it that no one gives a Fuck what a non celebrity hunter does
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Postby ukcanuck » Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:13 pm

rats19 wrote:Do you think he went out of his way...or is it that no one gives a Fuck what a non celebrity hunter does

Probably a little of both?
Kinda like Bonny prince Harry getting his rock on... Keep it out of the media.
Posting pics online is a defo no no Full Stop
ukcanuck
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby rats19 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:17 pm

So...back to being dumb I guess...lofl
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Postby ukcanuck » Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:51 pm