Gillis. Who is He?

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: Gillis. Who is He?

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Mëds wrote:Guys who I see as core players.....

Hank, Dank, Burrows, Kesler, Hamhuis, Bieksa, Luongo, Schneider, Lapierre.

Guys who should be.....

Edler
Oh Lord, did Mëds just put Lapierre in the 'Core' category and not Edler??? Did I read that right?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

This is some great 20/20 hindsight now that Mitchell's recovered from his concussion. I would have offered him one year as well at the time.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Would not keeping Willie be more of re signing players from the previous administration? The very thing you continuously berate Gillis for.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

Cornuck wrote:This is some great 20/20 hindsight now that Mitchell's recovered from his concussion. I would have offered him one year as well at the time.

+1
cheers
the Dogsalmon
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by the Dogsalmon »

Cornuck wrote:This is some great 20/20 hindsight now that Mitchell's recovered from his concussion. I would have offered him one year as well at the time.

his mellon is one good hit from scrambled eggs...
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

I would have looked at a 2 year around the $3mil mark. Not so much because I wanted to take the risk that his eggs were still in the basket, but the team could afford the money, and the players do pay attention to how teams respect and treat their team mates. Worst case, we would have had both Salo and Wille on LTIR.

Still, I like the moves Gillis has made. Even Ballard as the worst mistake is not all that bad.
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

If I remember correctly, Willie had not even skated yet when the Canucks acquired Ballard and signed Hamhuis.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

heck, if willie had any loyalty at all, he would have signed for 1 year, at a lower than market value, just to get his 'home town discount'.. What a traitor to the provice of BC, and the country of Canada. We should lump that POS in the same bucket as Loius Riel and Brett Hull.

*pfft!*
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Madcombinepilot wrote:heck, if willie had any loyalty at all, he would have signed for 1 year, at a lower than market value, just to get his 'home town discount'.. What a traitor to the provice of BC, and the country of Canada. We should lump that POS in the same bucket as Loius Riel and Brett Hull.

*pfft!*
Home town discount is only for players who were born outside of BC but have played in Vancouver long enough... Just to name a few, the Sedins, Burrows, and Kesler... Players who were born in BC would only play here if the money is right, except for Hamhuis... :( Some BC-born players would not even want to play for the Canucks... remember Mr. Kariya?? Not Steve but Paul...
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

what if he signed him and the outcome was different...ie couldnt play..then what? If i recall willies outcome prognosis was at best 50/50 and like has been said he wasnt skating yet i dont think..
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

lol...

sorry i guess the sarcasm didnt come through.

Fans give 'home town' discouts WAY too much credit...
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

I think with Paul Kariya, it was more that he didn't want to play for Burke than the fact of not wanting to play in Vancouver.

Jovocop wrote:Home town discount is only for players who were born outside of BC but have played in Vancouver long enough... Just to name a few, the Sedins, Burrows, and Kesler... Players who were born in BC would only play here if the money is right, except for Hamhuis... :( Some BC-born players would not even want to play for the Canucks... remember Mr. Kariya?? Not Steve but Paul...
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote:
Oh Lord, did Mëds just put Lapierre in the 'Core' category and not Edler??? Did I read that right?
LOL @ Lappy as a core player.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:
LOL @ Lappy as a core player.
I read somewhere that coach V loves the lap dog and given that he occupies or should occupy that spot on the roster that Marchand does on the bruins (not saying he is equal too)
What does Lapiere have to do to become a core player?
(...Cringes as he waits on consequences for asking a stupid question)
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

lappy....lead! he has to be somewhat of a leader, at this point he isnt..he is an aggrivator but not a leader IMO
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….