Where Will They Play?

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

the Dogsalmon
CC 1st Team All-Star

Re: Where Will They Play?

Post by the Dogsalmon »

anyone who knows an NHL player will agree that they are far and away from being the brightest bulb on the tree...rich does not necessarily mean smart...
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Fred
Lucic does kinda look like he would work for bent nose collections I'd he weren't a hockey player. Lol
But still how would you like to hear your boss talk about you like that, would it make you feel like being any more agreeable in the workplace than you had to be?
Youre nothing but cattle...
the Dogsalmon
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by the Dogsalmon »

ukcanuck wrote:
Fred
Lucic does kinda look like he would work for bent nose collections I'd he weren't a hockey player. Lol
But still how would you like to hear your boss talk about you like that, would it make you feel like being any more agreeable in the workplace than you had to be?

we are all goddamn cattle...
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

the Dogsalmon wrote:
ukcanuck wrote:
Fred

we are all goddamn cattle...
Thats completely cheerfully bankrupt lol

I wonder if those comments by the devel will have any impact with signing free agents in the near future, especially if all the owners corner is correct and the players fold and have to swallow what the Butt is cookin?
Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

Consider the source :D Devalano is a guy who could make a mistake putting his pants on in the morning
cheers
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Fred wrote:Consider the source :D Devalano is a guy who could make a mistake putting his pants on in the morning
i wonder if Chelly knows where he lives ?
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

In other news, Modo added Alexander Steen to their roster yesterday when they played Brynäs! Muahahahaha! The cartel is broken, let's see the walls come tumbling down! I think it's ridiculous that teams that have raised world class players should not be allowed to take advantage of it, when they come offering their services for free. Good on Modo! Let's hope the others follow suite! 8-)
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Boston Canucker
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Boston Canucker »

Per wrote:In other news, Modo added Alexander Steen to their roster yesterday when they played Brynäs! Muahahahaha! The cartel is broken, let's see the walls come tumbling down! I think it's ridiculous that teams that have raised world class players should not be allowed to take advantage of it, when they come offering their services for free. Good on Modo! Let's hope the others follow suite! 8-)
Too right, "cartel is broken," nicely put but not quite yet, hopefully soon. NHL is way too comfortable, arrogant...
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Boston Canucker wrote: Too right, "cartel is broken," nicely put but not quite yet, hopefully soon. NHL is way too comfortable, arrogant...
Well, the NHL cartel is not affected, of course, but the SEL cartel just splintered.
Now that Modo has ignored the agreement to not add lockout players, other teams are likely to follow suit.

Frölunda is likely to be next in line; they have a lot to lose by being inactive as one of their alumni, 2012 Norris winner Erik Karlsson, now has started talking to Jokerit in Finland... Apparently Stålberg (Blackhawks) is now practising with Frölunda.

And to those worried that SEL players would be upset, following the game (Brynäs beat Modo 2-1) the Brynäs players interviewed seemed to support Modo's decision:

Calle Järnkrok: "I think every one enjoys playing against good players, and Steen is such a player."

Robin Rahm: "I've been for adding NHL players all along. It doesn't happen very often and now we have a chance to bring in some real artists. It will be sold out venues everywhere!"

And mind you, Rahm is Brynäs's backup goalie, and his job is very much on the line as Preds' goalie Anders Lindbäck is already practising with Brynäs... :lol:
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Cody Franson has signed with Brynäs.
Of course, Brynäs argues that this is different than Alexander Steen playing for Modo, since Franson did not have a contract. :roll:

Mind you, I still bet that if there is a season in the NHL, Franson will be on the very next plane out of Sweden... :lol:

Anyway, I'm hoping for more NHL players to arrive. There are 59 Swedes with NHL contracts, there are 12 SEL teams. If they all came home it would basically be five NHL players per team. That's do a lot to improve the general level of play.

Hell yeah, I want to see the Sedins take the ice at Läkerol Arena here in Gävle!
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Here's a link to a full list of NHLers currently playing in Europe, complete with zoomable map and all! 8-)

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl-lock ... in_europe/

Seems all Canucks are still waiting at home.
I think this may be yet another confirmation of how beat/banged up they are/were.

While other teams' players are dying to get back on the ice, it seems most Canucks figure another few weeks of rest is welcome. :thumbs:
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Per wrote:

While other teams' players are dying to get back on the ice, it seems most Canucks figure another few weeks of rest is welcome. :thumbs:
Or it could be that they aren't a bunch of greedy scumbags that want to knock some poor prick out of a job.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Frölunda has now signed Matt Duchene! :D

And no, he's not stealing anyone's job. They have a couple of key players injured, so they needed to bring some one in, and apparently they figure Duchene is as good a temp as they could wish for.

Also now confirmed that the Calder winning youngest captain in NHL history, Gabriel Landeskog, has signed on for Djurgården, the team that educated him from age 6 till 16...
They may well need his services since they were demoted to the second tier league, Allsvenskan, last year and are eager to return to the SEL asap. They've also brought in Douglas Murray, another Djurgården alumnus, who will probably take the ice for them tonight already. Landeskog will join next week.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Mikael Backlund will join his old team, Västerås, where Patrik Berglund is already playing.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

the Dogsalmon wrote: we are all goddamn cattle...
:D

Okay now, I know there are a lot of talented folks at this site, I wanna see s'more song lyrics! Image
____
Try to focus on someday.