Shane Doan

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Re: Shane Doan

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Yeah, good point. As much as I would of liked to have seen Doan come here, gotta applaud guys who are loyal to their team where they played most of their careers. Kind of like the Sedins when they were going to be UFAs, but took a hometown discount to stay here.

Only thing I didn't like about Doan, he decided to become a UFA, went on a tour and visited a bunch of teams, listened to everyone's song and dance and sounded like he was open to going elsewhere; however, he really only wanted to stay in phoenix the whole time. Then he kind of dragged it out the whole summer, couldn't make up his mind and only signed cuz the CBA was ending. Seriously, why waste everyones time? At least with the Sedins, they signed a long term contract like a couple days before free agency started.

Yeah, why would anyone wanna play in Vancouver cuz it rains all the time? Every player should just sign for one of those Cali teams or Tampa/Florida. Who cares about playing in a hockey market or for playing for a team that is a contender. :lol:

Blob Mckenzie wrote:LMAO @ people who carve a guy for not wanting to uproot his family and drag them halfway across a continent .

What an asshole he is . Fucking prick cares more about his own family than a city where it pisses rain 9 months a year .
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Jovocop wrote:No more Shane Doan... :(
Canucks Misconduct‏@nucksmisconduct

RT @gambo620: Shane Doan has signed a 4-year $21.2 million contract with $2 million in bonus money to remain with the Phoenix Coyotes.
Farhan Lalji‏@FarhanLaljiTSN

From Sports 620 in Phx: Shane Doan has signed a 4-year $21.2 million contract with $2 million in bonus money to remain with the #Coyotes
what a dick
Guess you meant the guy who twittered the story :D
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

ukcanuck wrote:
Nope ...just a sarcastic comment on my part is all.

I am more pissed at Gillis for his slumber this offseason .
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Maybe he's just lightening his luggage.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote: Yeah, why would anyone wanna play in Vancouver cuz it rains all the time? Every player should just sign for one of those Cali teams or Tampa/Florida. Who cares about playing in a hockey market or for playing for a team that is a contender. :lol:
Speaking only for myself ..... I LOATHE the rain and it's doubtful I'm alone in hating the rain. You may like it..... you may enjoy being indoors and getting soaked just going out to pick up groceries. You may hate things like golf, fishing, going to the beach etc....playing with your kids outside, barbecues... you know even staying dry while walking 15 minutes at the park or whatever.

Last time I checked the Cali teams had won cups recently and the Florida teams were loaded with young talent.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
ukcanuck wrote:
Nope ...just a sarcastic comment on my part is all.

I am more pissed at Gillis for his slumber this offseason .
I caught that in another of your posts, its frustrating how many true Powerfuckingforwards the Canucks have not managed to land over the years...hoping Gillis would be better at it, what with all the sleep therapists and free agent friendly posturing but not so far...
the Dogsalmon
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by the Dogsalmon »

GMMG has all but guaranteed us a first round exit...thanks Mike...the parasite is killing the host...
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Todd Bersnoozi wrote: Yeah, why would anyone wanna play in Vancouver cuz it rains all the time? Every player should just sign for one of those Cali teams or Tampa/Florida. Who cares about playing in a hockey market or for playing for a team that is a contender. :lol:
Speaking only for myself ..... I LOATHE the rain and it's doubtful I'm alone in hating the rain. You may like it..... you may enjoy being indoors and getting soaked just going out to pick up groceries. You may hate things like golf, fishing, going to the beach etc....playing with your kids outside, barbecues... you know even staying dry while walking 15 minutes at the park or whatever.

Last time I checked the Cali teams had won cups recently and the Florida teams were loaded with young talent.
OMG you don't even know rain unless you've spent a winter in the UK. Just in the time it takes to get an umbrella open you are soaked to the skin in rain water that would chill a cadaver
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Yes, but the rain in Vancouver ruins an otherwise amazingly beautiful city. That's the frustrating part.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Cornuck wrote:Yes, but the rain in Vancouver ruins an otherwise amazingly beautiful city. That's the frustrating part.
true enough, but Vancouver is so ridiculously beautiful it would upset the balance of the cosmos that one city should have so much while everywhere else has so little by comparison.
besides if the weather matched the beauty, be prepared for an onslaught of immigration long time residents would find themselves in Hope to get away from the masses
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

Mondi wrote: People complain about the weather in Vancouver seemingly because beyond bike lanes, there isn't much else to whine about.
Well..

-the drivers suck

-the drug problem is out of control

-homelessness is, as well, out of control

-crime is rapidly growing in occurences as well as degrees of danger to citizens

-the City planners are well on their way to raping the fine vistas the landscape provides

-the engineering of road work is seemingly orhcestrated by infants

-gas prices are highway robbery

-Translink and Hydro are monopolies run by thieves the mafia would be proud of

Shall I carry on?
DeLevering since 1999.
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

...I guess I could bat responses back about all those things (like how the crime stats are politically manipulated (you of all people Mondi...for shame ;-)) and that a fair percentage of crimes go unreported or do not make the "stat" sheet due to the PD and court system being overwhelmed for instance) and we could spend 3 pages debating it but meh, internet squabbling is so droll at this point in my message board career.

Regardless the point remains the same...there is much more than simply weather to be concerned about in our fair city.

Drivers sucking in Vancouver subjective(?)...well strictly speaking yes but c'mon my friend...it's a freaking war zone out there...

As an aside through family circumstance I have a pretty close relationship with the down and dirty of drugs in this City....I've spoken before of a niece who got trapped in the world of crack and heroin, muling, selling, transporting and the like...the stories are as frightening as they come...stunningly so even. For the most part people have no idea about some of the shit that goes down on the streets.

Innocent, intelligent, going about their business people can in a millisecond be caught in the midst of the drug culture.

For instance...

She spoke to me one time of a random guy, his Mercedes and bling in a Surrey shopping mall lot in the middle of the day ending up tied up in his trunk, filled with who knows what from who knows how clean of a needle for the better part of 16 hours while the crackheads used his car, credit cards, cash and bling to finance their party.

The story gets deeper and uglier but enough said for now.

Totally innocent random dude.

No one in law has any idea of who did the deed and the people will never get punished for it.

They will do it again though.

Stories you never hear on the CBC evening news.
DeLevering since 1999.
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

The stories you do hear in the news.. I can't think of how many times in the last three or four years I've thought to myself (or overheard others saying something along the lines of) "ohh, it was 'targeted.' okay."
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

donlever wrote:...I guess I could bat responses back about all those things (like how the crime stats are politically manipulated (you of all people Mondi...for shame ;-)) and that a fair percentage of crimes go unreported or do not make the "stat" sheet due to the PD and court system being overwhelmed for instance) and we could spend 3 pages debating it but meh, internet squabbling is so droll at this point in my message board career.

Regardless the point remains the same...there is much more than simply weather to be concerned about in our fair city.

Drivers sucking in Vancouver subjective(?)...well strictly speaking yes but c'mon my friend...it's a freaking war zone out there...

As an aside through family circumstance I have a pretty close relationship with the down and dirty of drugs in this City....I've spoken before of a niece who got trapped in the world of crack and heroin, muling, selling, transporting and the like...the stories are as frightening as they come...stunningly so even. For the most part people have no idea about some of the shit that goes down on the streets.

Innocent, intelligent, going about their business people can in a millisecond be caught in the midst of the drug culture.

For instance...

She spoke to me one time of a random guy, his Mercedes and bling in a Surrey shopping mall lot in the middle of the day ending up tied up in his trunk, filled with who knows what from who knows how clean of a needle for the better part of 16 hours while the crackheads used his car, credit cards, cash and bling to finance their party.

The story gets deeper and uglier but enough said for now.

Totally innocent random dude.

No one in law has any idea of who did the deed and the people will never get punished for it.

They will do it again though.

Stories you never hear on the CBC evening news.
scary stuff that, but London has Vancouver beat big time when it comes to crime. No londoner would be caught with their bling hanging out in the middle of the day in any car park night or day, and for a similar reason or worse. (if you can afford a Merc, then you can afford a cab or valet parking and not because you're a snob)
Even a knock off Rolex is a sit up and beg request for a mugging. Hold onto your Iphone with two hands anywhere where there is more than a handful of people, they are worth a hundred quid and kids run fast.
Go out of doors anytime after dark near a high street and watch the zombie Apocalypse walk by and I am not exaggerating much.

but I do have to agree with you about BC drivers... holy crap they suck big time, I can't imagine the mess if every vehicle in BC had to get around an area the size of Vancouver Island twice a day...
Dont even want to get started on trying to ride a motorcycle on a provincial road either...
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

I apologise to people that are offended that I whine about the weather. I have lived here 40 of my 43 years, so I think I've earned the right. I will have also earned the right in less than 12 more years to not live here for 6- 8 months per year. I hate the rain, the traffic/infrastructure/transit suck ass for a city this size and the drug problem is in large part due to being a beautiful port city in a country that has some of the most lax laws on the planet.

The drug problem is rampant in many parts of the world.