A poll

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Where do you think you'll be once a new CBA is finally worked out?

1) Probably right where I am right now - fanatical as ever.
44%
2) I will likely be less interested in following hockey but will watch here and there.
26%
3) I'm done!. Had enough of the BS and I'm putting my attention to other things in life.
2%
4) Dunno... time will tell.
28%

Total votes: 43

ODB
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: A poll

Post by ODB »

donlever wrote:I said previously at this here goddamn site that if they miss one regular game this season I am done.

We haven't yet but it seems clear we will.

I've got a long winded diatribe ready to go when the phenomenon transpires.

Y'all can hardly fuking wait I'm betting.

I would have put I'm done as my vote (I chose the wishy washy option #2) but truth be told if the team approached the finals again I will be a bandwagoner during that period of time as I want to see them win a Cup in my life time so "done" would be a lie.

As far as the daily emotional, time and financial commitment?

Like I said, miss one game, lose this fan and his dollars.

No big fucking deal though, the seasons tickets waiting list is 5000+ long.

A replaceable cog in the NHL wheel am I.

Fuk 'em all!
I'm with you Lever!

Enough is enough. I can't cancel season tickets but I did cancel my Centre Ice package. I've had CI since it came out. I'm not going to sit like an idiot in front of my tv for 12 hours a week any longer. They (both owners and players) don't give a flying fuck about us.

I'll catch the odd nationally televised game and I'll keep an eye on the box scores.

They should do what they want!

Fuk 'em all!
BTW, NOT A FLAME ... JUST AN OBSERVATION ... :P
Potatoe1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Potatoe1 »

Oh by the way....

My seasons tickets were charged to my visa a few weeks back.

Owners lock the players out, yet they still get to collect ALL of their season ticket revenue and hang onto it until games are officially canceled.

If the year is canceled they will probably not get my money back to me until march or April of next year. Thats about 8 months Aquaman gets to sit on 60+ mill with out having to pay any players salary which means he can invest it and make a tidy return.

How ya like them apples.

I guess I could cancel my tix in protest but as noted, with a 5000 person waiting list it wouldn't make a lick of difference.
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

^^^...yep same shit as post season tickets. Pay up front, team gets booted in 5 but they will gladly credit your playoff ticket money to next seasons ducats.
DeLevering since 1999.
KeyserSoze
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by KeyserSoze »

It's pretty sad that this is happening again...and it makes it even more difficult to take this league seriously.

Sure there's the Giants, the Heat, etc. Yes it's entertaining hockey but let's not kid ourselves, it's not the same.
(and as Cornuck pointed out, not nearly the same cost to attend either)

But, whenever this gets resolved...

I love the sport too much to stop watching the best players in the world do their thing. My commitment to watching games has decreased a bit over the last few years already, but more because of a busy personal schedule vs frustration with the league. This lockout will not really change that. I will still continue to watch at about the same rate as usual.

What will change though is the amount of money that I give to the league. I will not be giving up my tickets (I only have an ice pak these days anyways), but will definitely be selling more games than before (attending less games myself), buying less merch, etc.

I understand that this is a business, and from what I have read I see some valid points on both sides. But as a fan and paying customer I don't really care where the 57% or 43% or whatever the hell it is gets allocated...just work out your $hit and entertain me with the sport that I love :D
brosnan
AHL Prospect

Post by brosnan »

donlever wrote:^^^...yep same shit as post season tickets. Pay up front, team gets booted in 5 but they will gladly credit your playoff ticket money to next seasons ducats.
this is a serious problem!:| happens way to often
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Potatoe1 wrote:Oh by the way....

My seasons tickets were charged to my visa a few weeks back.

Owners lock the players out, yet they still get to collect ALL of their season ticket revenue and hang onto it until games are officially canceled.

If the year is canceled they will probably not get my money back to me until march or April of next year. Thats about 8 months Aquaman gets to sit on 60+ mill with out having to pay any players salary which means he can invest it and make a tidy return.

How ya like them apples.

I guess I could cancel my tix in protest but as noted, with a 5000 person waiting list it wouldn't make a lick of difference.
Would that be hockey related revenue? just asking... :mrgreen: ~(_8^(I)
feel your pain though.... even Visa cashes in on the action at both ends, twice...