Alex Burrows agent figures that he is worth Patrick Sharp money. For the record Sharp is signed for 29.5 million over five years. No way in hell will Gillis pony up 5.9 million a season for Burrows and neither will anyone else. Apparently the agent Paul Corbeil wants a 6 year contract as well. I would give him a 6 year deal at 24 million but the agent is an idiot if he thinks he can gouge the Canucks for 5.5- 6 million per over 6 years.
I would say 5 years at $25-30 Mill would be fair given the money being thrown around this summer, and what he brings to the team. No way is he worth Patrick Sharp money - I don't recall Sharp's production varying much depending on linemates but how much would Burrows score playing with anyone else but the Sedins?
That said, I think Burrows' agent is looking for back pay for the bargain-bin contract Burrows signed last time - to which I call 'BS'.
I have a feeling cooler heads will prevail in a couple hours' time. Front-end load it and git'er dun.
Blob Mckenzie wrote:Could be interesting if Shane Doan signs here. Maybe Burrows gets tossed into the Luongo deal . I'd rather see David Booth moved if Doan does decide to come here.
Ahh Gatorade and Ibuprofen...dietary staples for me for both after hockey and after some booze.
There are lots of things I don't like about Burrows (he is a whiney little puke too often), but he is a "heart and soul" guy and is IMO a lot like Juice in that he is a big part of the team's pulse. He's a warrior and we need more players who play like he does 90% of the time (the other 10% he is a whiney little diving puke which I do not like. same goes for Kesler btw).
Doan signing does not equal Burrows not signing. I said elsewhere that no ones knows what the new CBA will entail so why not sign Burrows and deal with the ramifications when the new CBA comes into effect. Doan's contract should cancel out Luongo's so it's not like the budget is radically skewed. If anything, this lock out has bought Gillis more time to sort things out.
herb wrote:How's the wife treating you today Blob?
I agree that the comparison to Patrick Sharpe sucks donkey bits.
Four years @ $4.5M per is what I would offer. Less than the Sedins and Kesler, but in line with guys like Hamhuis and Bieksa who IMO are comparable in their value to the team.
Sharp may be better but Lou stoned him when it counted and Alex scored one of the if not the biggest goals in Canuck history. It is not a huge goal for most teams but for ours it was spectacular. I like Alex and only wish he would not bite, dive or whine.
rats19 wrote:stick your finger in my mouth, I will bite you too..
diving is acceptable. the whole fricken league does it ....especially after being roughhoused illegally and no calls...
so biting and diving are ok (no more no less than the league norm)..to an acceptible degree...Just dont fricken whine...so to me whining is the worst of it..
Disagree on biting and hair pulling. Both are punk moves and furthermore Burrows right or wrong, whined more than any player i have ever heard during Auger gate.
Diving OCASSIONALLY in a tight game I can live with..... but the somersalts, head snaps and crap a handful of guys on this team pull game in and game out is brutal.
ok bloberino...hair pulling was not part of the original statement. i do not agree with it either.. but the way whatsisfuk stuck his finger in there. i seriously wouldve bit it also..
pronger stomping on kesler..that shit is the worst intent to injure low life scum sucking pigshit...that shit is beyond anything like the 'antics " of which we speak. we speak of kindergarten moves compared to that...