A poll

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Where do you think you'll be once a new CBA is finally worked out?

1) Probably right where I am right now - fanatical as ever.
44%
2) I will likely be less interested in following hockey but will watch here and there.
26%
3) I'm done!. Had enough of the BS and I'm putting my attention to other things in life.
2%
4) Dunno... time will tell.
28%

Total votes: 43

nuckster
MVP
MVP

A poll

Post by nuckster »

So here we are again. The last baseball stike really hurt attendance. it scould be interesting to see how this lock-out leaves things and if there will be any kind of recovery period after-wards.
cc oldtimer
donlever
CC Legend

Re: A poll

Post by donlever »

I said previously at this here goddamn site that if they miss one regular game this season I am done.

We haven't yet but it seems clear we will.

I've got a long winded diatribe ready to go when the phenomenon transpires.

Y'all can hardly fuking wait I'm betting.

I would have put I'm done as my vote (I chose the wishy washy option #2) but truth be told if the team approached the finals again I will be a bandwagoner during that period of time as I want to see them win a Cup in my life time so "done" would be a lie.

As far as the daily emotional, time and financial commitment?

Like I said, miss one game, lose this fan and his dollars.

No big fucking deal though, the seasons tickets waiting list is 5000+ long.

A replaceable cog in the NHL wheel am I.

Fuk 'em all!
DeLevering since 1999.
Boston Canucker
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Boston Canucker »

I'll be back, fanatical as ever.

However, I'm actually rather indifferent about the lockout right now, not angry. The 04-05 lockout was actually good training in living without hockey. Hell, I'll probably get more writing done!

I've called for a Jan 1 start, and I think it'll be in that range. I just can't see a whole season being lost again - that would be an epic fail by Bettman, losing 2 full seasons - so as long as say camps are up by December, and the games get going by no later than Jan 1, leaving lots of time for trade and then playoff fever, I say fine, let 'em all chill on the sidelines for awhile.

The people I feel bad for are not the fans, but the working wage folks (the concession stand people, parking attendents etc) whose jobs and incomes will be impacted directly. For them I hope it gets back soon. For me, other than fantasy league, October and November are usually throway months for the Canucks where the sky is falling set rule the roost...if I live without that, wouldn't be the worst thing.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

donlever wrote:I said previously at this here goddamn site that if they miss one regular game this season I am done.

I would have put I'm done as my vote (I chose the wishy washy option #2) but truth be told if the team approached the finals again I will be a bandwagoner during that period of time as I want to see them win a Cup in my life time so "done" would be a lie.

Fuk 'em all!
Reminds me of the guy who in a silent war against an oil company drove across town to the "other company" to buy his gas for 20 years in protest, only to find out the same parent company owned both...
Besides for most of us, outside an NHL city boycotting games amounts to one a year maybe...
I guess a guy could cancel his cable or toss the sat receiver. but then he would be like that poor Donkey oaty feller

Oh I went for door number 4, depends who wins the CBA, if its buttman, I dont think I will feel the same about the NHL,

I already despise that black an silver redux of the old NHL logo anyway.
bring back the Smythe
Last edited by ukcanuck on Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

I'll keep my level of interest about where it is.

The NHL doesn't get much money out of me. I might go to an 'out of market' pre-season game once a year, and the occasional (every 2-3 years) regular season or playoff game. But I'm done buying jerseys, hats or other such "non-hockey?" revenue.

I really feel sorry for the season ticket holders. They have a lot more invested that I ever will, and they are the true pawns in this fiasco.

And once this CBA gets signed, I hope that they just look ahead and cancel the season after it ends.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

donlever wrote:I said previously at this here goddamn site that if they miss one regular game this season I am done.

Fuk 'em all!
LOFL did I ever tell you you're beautiful when you're angry Leves? :blush:

I was starting to wonder if we'd ever see you again!

I for one am looking forward to your long winded diatribe!! :thumbs:
____
Try to focus on someday.
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

ukcanuck wrote: Reminds me of the guy who in a silent war against an oil company drove across town to the "other company" to buy his gas for 20 years in protest, only to find out the same parent company owned both...
...is that what it reminds you of eh?

Difference is I won't be "buying gas" from any other company NHL affiliated or otherwise.

And they can take the number with the 5 zeros behind it that my family and myself have invested in the team and the league over the years and stick it where the sun don't shine.
DeLevering since 1999.
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

Strangelove wrote: I for one am looking forward to your long winded diatribe!! :thumbs:

Swan song so it better be fukin' good eh, been a long time since I've penned anything worth reading.
DeLevering since 1999.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

donlever wrote:
ukcanuck wrote: Reminds me of the guy who in a silent war against an oil company drove across town to the "other company" to buy his gas for 20 years in protest, only to find out the same parent company owned both...
...is that what it reminds you of eh?

Difference is I won't be "buying gas" from any other company NHL affiliated or otherwise.

And they can take the number with the 5 zeros behind it that my family and myself have invested in the team and the league over the years and stick it where the sun don't shine.
No its the futility of it all that reminds me..
:) hope that number was 9 and not 10
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

..but it's not futile to me, you see? Thats the point.

I can live the rest of my life knowing I walked away from a bunch of c*#ts and rockheads who can't get their act together to divvy up billions without fukin' it up.

Everyone close to me will know that I went from diehard to fuk 'em and stuck to it.

That's all that matters to me at this point (even if the team wins a Cup it won't be the same for me).

These clowns that you imply will never know I couldn't give two shits about.
DeLevering since 1999.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

donlever wrote:
Strangelove wrote: I for one am looking forward to your long winded diatribe!! :thumbs:

Swan song so it better be fukin' good eh, been a long time since I've penned anything worth reading.
Ahh Donny you're too hard on yourself, I'm not gay but if I were.... :blush:

I still don't think we'll lose a single game, so yur gunna hafta stick around big guy

(but please PM me a copy of the diatribe). :thumbs:
____
Try to focus on someday.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

donlever wrote:..but it's not futile to me, you see? Thats the point.

I can live the rest of my life knowing I walked away from a bunch of c*#ts and rockheads who can't get their act together to divvy up billions without fukin' it up.

Everyone close to me will know that I went from diehard to fuk 'em and stuck to it.

That's all that matters to me at this point (even if the team wins a Cup it won't be the same for me).

These clowns that you imply will never know I couldn't give two shits about.
Well if that's how it turns out I will applaud your moral victory..who knows I might be joining you.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

I will certainly miss them if they are locked out for long. But with all my travels, and usually every year during the playoffs, I learned I too can live without hockey. I miss it, like to catch the news and updates, watch the sports news, that sort of thing but honestly regular season games!!! I tape a lot of them, well PVR them, and then decide after the outcome if I want to watch. Cheating I know but it does wonders for sports stress related disease and illnesses. :D

The last lock out literally broke my hockey addiction. Before that lost season I planned my life around hockey games. Even my travels were planned to minimize the number of games I would miss. It was a full fledged addiction all things hockey. But once the addiction was broken I felt free. And it never came back. Instead I found myself wondering how I ever could have been so hooked on the game. I still love hockey, still love my Canucks, still like the leaves ( that one was for Donny) but I no longer get too high or too low subject to team performance.

I am disappointed that it has come to this, again. Especially since the whole world knew it would happen. Neither side as far as I am concerned showed any real interest in avoiding this in spite of what they may claim. It was planned, organized, and a well thought out plot by both sides to try and pressure the other.

Today is sunny in downtown Vancouver, warm, clear air and a beautiful day to just sit on my balcony and read with a Starbucks in hand. So will I come back? Yes, of course I will. But each time they do this they lose a part of me. I used to watch the playoffs no matter who was playing, now, not so much. Perhaps this time around they will lose even that little bit. So all you TV producers pay attention.
The only HW the Canucks need
Potatoe1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Potatoe1 »

It took me 1-2 years to get back after the last lock out.

Not sure what will happen this time.

I don't care about 20 games, a full year is a different thing....
okcanuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by okcanuck »

I'll be watching the Kelowna Rockets, a small town team not yet infected with this bullshit greed from players and owners, but I'll still be around when they settle. Christ my whole life revolves around the Canucks and Lions. I really do feel sorry for the Canuck organization workers who barely scrape by and have to listen to these so "hard done by" players and owners.