Offseason Wheelings and Dealings

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Meds
MVP
MVP

Re: Offseason Wheelings and Dealings

Post by Meds »

vic wrote:
RoyalDude wrote: I'm volatile
You spelled retarded wrong...
+1

:lol:
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

apparently the Avalanche just gave Landeskog the C, which makes him the youngest player ever to captain an NHL team (beat Crosby by 11 days... :lol: ).
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

Hey Per, any idea how the young Dane is doing with AIK? He should have played a couple of exhibition games by now. Any word in the local press about Jensen?
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Lancer wrote:Hey Per, any idea how the young Dane is doing with AIK? He should have played a couple of exhibition games by now. Any word in the local press about Jensen?
Well, I don't live in Stockholm, so the local press here doesn't say much about the pre-season games AIK have played. His transfer wasn't cleared till Aug 28th, but he has played in three games since but not gotten on the score board yet. Really don't have anything to report thus far. Probably will hear more once the season starts.
Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

Panthers Prospects from Hockey Future

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/articles/7 ... me-of-age/

including Bjugstad
cheers
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

Per wrote:
Lancer wrote:Hey Per, any idea how the young Dane is doing with AIK? He should have played a couple of exhibition games by now. Any word in the local press about Jensen?
Well, I don't live in Stockholm, so the local press here doesn't say much about the pre-season games AIK have played. His transfer wasn't cleared till Aug 28th, but he has played in three games since but not gotten on the score board yet. Really don't have anything to report thus far. Probably will hear more once the season starts.
Appreciated Per. Guess I shoulda said "Swedish" vice "local". I take it the pre-season doesn't garner as much attention there as the NHL pre-season does here?
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Lancer wrote:
Per wrote:
Appreciated Per. Guess I shoulda said "Swedish" vice "local". I take it the pre-season doesn't garner as much attention there as the NHL pre-season does here?
It does locally. The paper here in Gävle writes about as much about Brynäs's pre-season games as it does about the regular season, paying extra attention to new additions to the team, of course. But whereas during he season they will also briefly mention out of town scores, during the pre-season they more or less ignore all other teams. As for the national media, they're still mainly preoccupied with football (aka soccer) and will only start turning their attention to hockey when the season starts.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

"The Bruins continued their pre-lockout signing strategy Tuesday, agreeing with forward Tyler Seguin on a six-year, $34-million contract extension."

"Boston Bruins General Manager Peter Chiarelli announced today, September 11, that the club has signed forward Tyler Seguin to a six-year contract extension through the 2018-19 season. Seguin’s contract is worth an average of $5.75 million annually over the six years of his deal."

"On Friday, the Bruins locked up forward Brad Marchand to a new, four-year deal. The feisty Marchand, 24, a key cog in the Bruins’ run to the 2011 Cup, will make $4.5-million per season, starting in 2013-14."

OK MG/Gilman your turn to sign Burrows and Edler prior to lockout or new CBA restricted rules.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Seriously, is Booth's price tag really high?? :roll:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=405093
CAPITALS SIGN BROUWER TO THREE-YEAR, $11M EXTENSION

The Washington Capitals signed forward Troy Brouwer to a three-year, $11 million contract extension on Wednesday. Brouwer will earn $3.6 million in 2013-14, $3.65 million in 2014-15 and $3.75 million in 2015-16.

"We are pleased to sign Troy Brouwer to a contract extension," said said Capitals general manager George McPhee. "Troy is a physical and versatile power forward who can play both wings and who has averaged close to 20 goals in the past three seasons. He is a Stanley Cup winner and a great leader. We are thrilled that he will continue his career in Washington for many years to come."

Brouwer scored 18 goals and added 15 assists for 33 points and 61 penalty minutes in 82 games with the Capitals last season. He finished the season ranked ninth in the NHL in hits (247) and fourth on the team in goals. His 60 blocked shots ranked second among Capitals forwards and he was one of six Capitals players to appear in all 82 games.

The 27-year-old forward helped the Chicago Blackhawks win the 2010 Stanley Cup while tallying a career-high eight points in 19 playoff contests.

Brouwer was originally drafted by Chicago in the seventh round (214th overall) of the 2004 NHL Entry Draft.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

wow that much for Troy fuckin Brouwer!?? lol

the postseason Houdini!
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

MG warming up!

Vancouver Canucks sign defenceman Evan McEneny
http://canucks.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=641290

from hf:
Evan McEneny (D, 6'2", 205)

-lefthand shot, had high hopes of being drafted in 2012 but tore his ACL to start the season, expects to go back in the draft next year, was still ranked #211 by Central Scouting (mid-term) even after his injury,

McEneny already has good size and bulk on his frame. He’s a naturally gifted offensive defenseman. He can make a very good first pass or skate out of danger and very adept at joining the rush. He has a good hockey IQ and plays both sides of the puck. He effectively uses his size in the physical department.

Evan has great natural offensive instincts. He is a strong young man that we feel will have an impact on our defensive corps for years to come.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

SKYO wrote:MG warming up!

from hf:

-lefthand shot, had high hopes of being drafted in 2012 but tore his ACL to start the season, expects to go back in the draft next year, was still ranked #211 by Central Scouting (mid-term) even after his injury,

McEneny already has good size and bulk on his frame. He’s a naturally gifted offensive defenseman. He can make a very good first pass or skate out of danger and very adept at joining the rush. He has a good hockey IQ and plays both sides of the puck. He effectively uses his size in the physical department.

Evan has great natural offensive instincts. He is a strong young man that we feel will have an impact on our defensive corps for years to come.
6 assists in 46 career OHL games. Talk about taking a flyer or wasting a contract (depending on how you look at it).
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Island Nucklehead wrote:
SKYO wrote:MG warming up!

from hf:

6 assists in 46 career OHL games. Talk about taking a flyer or wasting a contract (depending on how you look at it).
McEneny did not do well in the first OHL season. However, he managed 2 assists +3 in 2 games played in 2011/12 season before his injury. I would not say it is a waste at this point.
Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

Evander Kane sign with Winnipeg 6 years $31.5
cheers
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Fred wrote:Evander Kane sign with Winnipeg 6 years $31.5
Bummer. HW's inside scoop got me all hopeful for us making a move on Kane.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau