The off-season fattie thread.

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Potatoe1
CC Hall of Fan Member

The off-season fattie thread.

Post by Potatoe1 »

This is why Chris Higgens fits in with the team and why Keith Ballard does not. Look at the shape each guy keeps them self in during the summer.

Nice man Boobs Keith, keep sippin that 700 cal latte.....
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Re: The ofseason fattie thread.

Post by SKYO »

lol

Even Eddie Lack is impressed with Higgy's fitness.
"Might hit the gym for an afternoon workout if I wanna look like Higgy!"
-EL tweet.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Potatoe1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Potatoe1 »

While Ballard might look terrible by Canuck standards, Big Buff is truly in a class of his own....

How do you get that fat in 2-months?

Who was it trying to argue that NHL players work out 10 hours a day 365 ?

BTW thats the 235LB Brent Seabrook standing beside him.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Potatoe1 wrote:Image

While Ballard might look terrible by Canuck standards, Big Buff is truly in a class of his own....

How do you get that fat in 2-months?

Who was it trying to argue that NHL players work out 10 hours a day 365 ?

BTW thats the 235LB Brent Seabrook standing beside him.
That would be work 10 hours a day not workout ten hours a day. but yeah what a freight train that guy would be to get in front of...
Potatoe1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Potatoe1 »

ukcanuck wrote: That would be work 10 hours a day not workout ten hours a day.

If you define work as golfing, fishing, pounding beers and eating ice cream then yeah I would say Fugly and Ballard have been working 10 hours a day this summer.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

I can't see the pic of Ballard. How bad is it ?

As for Fugly imagine if that fat prick took the game seriously? Big guy,soft hands, tough, can see the ice. He should score 70 points from the back end in his sleep. IDIOT !!! No wonder he wears out halfway through the season.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Potatoe1 wrote:
ukcanuck wrote: That would be work 10 hours a day not workout ten hours a day.

If you define work as golfing, fishing, pounding beers and eating ice cream then yeah I would say Fugly and Ballard have been working 10 hours a day this summer.
The point was that some were trying to pass off the life of a Professional athlete as some kind of jolly jolly where the days were filled with a light skate on games days and fucking cake the rest of the time. I was merely pointed out that to be good at anything takes a lot of work. There have been studies that it takes 10,000 hours or more to master a skill and in fact one book on the subject even used Canadian hockey players as an example on the hours it takes to gain the skills to play the game. you do the math if a player is drafted at 19 how many hours a day does he have to put in to acquire the 10 grand necessary? 5 hours a day for 5 years ?
As for butfugly what do you wanna bet he's selling cars or real estate pretty damn soon?
Potatoe1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Potatoe1 »

ukcanuck wrote:
The point was that some were trying to pass off the life of a Professional athlete as some kind of jolly jolly where the days were filled with a light skate on games days and fucking cake the rest of the time. I was merely pointed out that to be good at anything takes a lot of work. There have been studies that it takes 10,000 hours or more to master a skill and in fact one book on the subject even used Canadian hockey players as an example on the hours it takes to gain the skills to play the game. you do the math if a player is drafted at 19 how many hours a day does he have to put in to acquire the 10 grand necessary? 5 hours a day for 5 years ?
Most NHL players work hard and hit the genetic jackpot, that is basically what it takes to make the league.

Some work crazy hard and make it on that, some just have crazy genetics and don't work hard at all.

The vast majority of players and owners needed tremendous luck to get where they are and none deserve our empathy or support.

As for butfugly what do you wanna bet he's selling cars or real estate pretty damn soon?
Nope, he is blessed with incredible talent. He will most likely play 8 to 10 more years despite being a lazy fat ass.
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

The picture didn't load for me either Blob, but I'm guessing this is the 700 calorie latte..

ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Potatoe1 wrote:
ukcanuck wrote:
Most NHL players work hard and hit the genetic jackpot, that is basically what it takes to make the league.

Some work crazy hard and make it on that, some just have crazy genetics and don't work hard at all.

The vast majority of players and owners needed tremendous luck to get where they are and none deserve our empathy or support.

Nope, he is blessed with incredible talent. He will most likely play 8 to 10 more years despite being a lazy fat ass.
lol I wonder what else we disagree on...anyway fugly better hope he's got a heart like secretariat cause there's no way he carries that weight into a long term career otherwise.
CrzyCanuck
CC Legend

Post by CrzyCanuck »

LoL are you serious?! That is Fugly???????????

WTF did he do or what kind of human is he?

And I thought Tkachuk was impressive that one offseason.

As for Ballard... yeah, please just trim the fat already, MG.
Hockey is Life, Nothing Else Matters
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Here I was thinking Ballard had ballooned out like chux or buff.....kinda disappointing!
If you need air...call it in
Potatoe1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Potatoe1 »

Uncle dans leg wrote:Here I was thinking Ballard had ballooned out like chux or buff.....kinda disappointing!

The other picture was far less flattering.

I think it was removed to protect the innocent.
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

:lol:

Same slide show though, Pot?
Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

Buf maybe the person most effected by this lockout. If there's no hockey this season he may never make it back ....period he'll be so out of shape come Sept 2013 :lol:
cheers