The off-season fattie thread.

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

The off-season fattie thread.

Postby Potatoe1 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:34 pm

Image

This is why Chris Higgens fits in with the team and why Keith Ballard does not. Look at the shape each guy keeps them self in during the summer.

Nice man Boobs Keith, keep sippin that 700 cal latte.....
Potatoe1
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1613
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:06 pm

Re: The ofseason fattie thread.

Postby SKYO » Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:38 pm

lol

Even Eddie Lack is impressed with Higgy's fitness.

"Might hit the gym for an afternoon workout if I wanna look like Higgy!"
-EL tweet.
User avatar
SKYO
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3191
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Re: The ofseason fattie thread.

Postby Potatoe1 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:40 pm

Image

While Ballard might look terrible by Canuck standards, Big Buff is truly in a class of his own....

How do you get that fat in 2-months?

Who was it trying to argue that NHL players work out 10 hours a day 365 ?

BTW thats the 235LB Brent Seabrook standing beside him.
Potatoe1
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1613
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:06 pm

Re: The ofseason fattie thread.

Postby ukcanuck » Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:27 pm

Potatoe1 wrote:Image

While Ballard might look terrible by Canuck standards, Big Buff is truly in a class of his own....

How do you get that fat in 2-months?

Who was it trying to argue that NHL players work out 10 hours a day 365 ?

BTW thats the 235LB Brent Seabrook standing beside him.

That would be work 10 hours a day not workout ten hours a day. but yeah what a freight train that guy would be to get in front of...
User avatar
ukcanuck
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 2284
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:04 am

Re: The ofseason fattie thread.

Postby Potatoe1 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:34 pm

ukcanuck wrote:That would be work 10 hours a day not workout ten hours a day.



If you define work as golfing, fishing, pounding beers and eating ice cream then yeah I would say Fugly and Ballard have been working 10 hours a day this summer.
Potatoe1
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1613
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:06 pm

Re: The ofseason fattie thread.

Postby Blob Mckenzie » Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:39 pm

I can't see the pic of Ballard. How bad is it ?

As for Fugly imagine if that fat prick took the game seriously? Big guy,soft hands, tough, can see the ice. He should score 70 points from the back end in his sleep. IDIOT !!! No wonder he wears out halfway through the season.
Tell me how my ass tastes.
User avatar
Blob Mckenzie
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 2990
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: The ofseason fattie thread.

Postby ukcanuck » Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:04 pm

Potatoe1 wrote:
ukcanuck wrote:That would be work 10 hours a day not workout ten hours a day.



If you define work as golfing, fishing, pounding beers and eating ice cream then yeah I would say Fugly and Ballard have been working 10 hours a day this summer.


The point was that some were trying to pass off the life of a Professional athlete as some kind of jolly jolly where the days were filled with a light skate on games days and fucking cake the rest of the time. I was merely pointed out that to be good at anything takes a lot of work. There have been studies that it takes 10,000 hours or more to master a skill and in fact one book on the subject even used Canadian hockey players as an example on the hours it takes to gain the skills to play the game. you do the math if a player is drafted at 19 how many hours a day does he have to put in to acquire the 10 grand necessary? 5 hours a day for 5 years ?
As for butfugly what do you wanna bet he's selling cars or real estate pretty damn soon?
User avatar
ukcanuck
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 2284
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:04 am

Re: The ofseason fattie thread.

Postby Potatoe1 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:49 pm

ukcanuck wrote:
The point was that some were trying to pass off the life of a Professional athlete as some kind of jolly jolly where the days were filled with a light skate on games days and fucking cake the rest of the time. I was merely pointed out that to be good at anything takes a lot of work. There have been studies that it takes 10,000 hours or more to master a skill and in fact one book on the subject even used Canadian hockey players as an example on the hours it takes to gain the skills to play the game. you do the math if a player is drafted at 19 how many hours a day does he have to put in to acquire the 10 grand necessary? 5 hours a day for 5 years ?


Most NHL players work hard and hit the genetic jackpot, that is basically what it takes to make the league.

Some work crazy hard and make it on that, some just have crazy genetics and don't work hard at all.

The vast majority of players and owners needed tremendous luck to get where they are and none deserve our empathy or support.


As for butfugly what do you wanna bet he's selling cars or real estate pretty damn soon?


Nope, he is blessed with incredible talent. He will most likely play 8 to 10 more years despite being a lazy fat ass.
Potatoe1
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1613
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:06 pm

Re: The ofseason fattie thread.

Postby dbr » Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:34 pm

The picture didn't load for me either Blob, but I'm guessing this is the 700 calorie latte..

Image
dbr
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 2475
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:37 pm

Re: The ofseason fattie thread.

Postby ukcanuck » Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:47 pm

Potatoe1 wrote:
ukcanuck wrote:
The point was that some were trying to pass off the life of a Professional athlete as some kind of jolly jolly where the days were filled with a light skate on games days and fucking cake the rest of the time. I was merely pointed out that to be good at anything takes a lot of work. There have been studies that it takes 10,000 hours or more to master a skill and in fact one book on the subject even used Canadian hockey players as an example on the hours it takes to gain the skills to play the game. you do the math if a player is drafted at 19 how many hours a day does he have to put in to acquire the 10 grand necessary? 5 hours a day for 5 years ?


Most NHL players work hard and hit the genetic jackpot, that is basically what it takes to make the league.

Some work crazy hard and make it on that, some just have crazy genetics and don't work hard at all.

The vast majority of players and owners needed tremendous luck to get where they are and none deserve our empathy or support.


As for butfugly what do you wanna bet he's selling cars or real estate pretty damn soon?


Nope, he is blessed with incredible talent. He will most likely play 8 to 10 more years despite being a lazy fat ass.

lol I wonder what else we disagree on...anyway fugly better hope he's got a heart like secretariat cause there's no way he carries that weight into a long term career otherwise.
User avatar
ukcanuck
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 2284
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:04 am

Re: The ofseason fattie thread.

Postby CrzyCanuck » Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:43 am

LoL are you serious?! That is Fugly???????????

WTF did he do or what kind of human is he?

And I thought Tkachuk was impressive that one offseason.

As for Ballard... yeah, please just trim the fat already, MG.
Hockey is Life, Nothing Else Matters
CrzyCanuck
CC 2nd Team All-Star
 
Posts: 215
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:19 am

Re: The ofseason fattie thread.

Postby Uncle dans leg » Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:59 am

Here I was thinking Ballard had ballooned out like chux or buff.....kinda disappointing!
nobody forks with...the jesus
User avatar
Uncle dans leg
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1907
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: Lethbridge AB

Re: The ofseason fattie thread.

Postby Potatoe1 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:07 am

Uncle dans leg wrote:Here I was thinking Ballard had ballooned out like chux or buff.....kinda disappointing!



The other picture was far less flattering.

I think it was removed to protect the innocent.
Potatoe1
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1613
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:06 pm

Re: The ofseason fattie thread.

Postby dbr » Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:12 am

:lol:

Same slide show though, Pot?
dbr
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 2475
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:37 pm

Re: The ofseason fattie thread.

Postby Fred » Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:16 am

Buf maybe the person most effected by this lockout. If there's no hockey this season he may never make it back ....period he'll be so out of shape come Sept 2013 :lol:
cheers
Fred
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3433
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 7:00 pm

Next

Return to Canucks Corner Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], dbr, Google [Bot], Hockey Widow, Meds and 4 guests