Boycott NHL owners non-NHL Businesses

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Boycott NHL owners non-NHL Businesses

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Some guys are pissed with the looming lockout and they plan to boycott other non-NHL businesses owned by NHL owners. They have a list on their web-site. Feel free to join if u interested. :P

http://youhavetwoweeks.com/index.html
Meds
MVP
MVP

Re: Boycott NHL owners non-NHL Businesses

Post by Meds »

That's a pretty long fackin list there.

Fortunately I'm actually on the side of the owners in this case, so I don't have to bother.....
okcanuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by okcanuck »

signed the petition and proud to do it,although I will say that the players are just as guilty with their greedy demands
the Dogsalmon
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by the Dogsalmon »

fuck the players(aka players) and their agents(aka parasites)...they assume NO risk in the business model...and are VERY VERY WELL PAID for their work...
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

the Dogsalmon wrote:fuck the players(aka players) and their agents(aka parasites)...they assume NO risk in the business model...and are VERY VERY WELL PAID for their work...
Take the top 700 people on the planet in any profession and they will likely be just as well compensated. And of course in most professions their careers are substantially longer.
Boston Canucker
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Boston Canucker »

I side with the players, easy call as they're the talent with the shorter career spans and no franchise values to sit back and suck the marrow out of until they die at a ripe old age, but I'm not boycotting anyone or signing any petition. They'll settle it when they settle it and the fans' actions will have nothing to do with that. And when the season re-starts - regardless of which side is deemed to have "won" the new cba - I'll be back ready to watch.

Fact is, the 04-05 lockout was a good lesson in living without the NHL. Although I'd of course like it resolved soon, I'm not going to get up in arms about the whole thing. It's their business - owners and players - and while it sounds like we know what we're talking about when we sit on the outside and decide what they should or should not get paid (as if we wouldn't all be seeking to get the most of our market value if we weren't in the same place as them) and repeat the all too tired cliche of "billionaires v. millionaires" (could we put a freaking moratorium on that meaningless phrase by the way?) in the end, we don't. They'll settle it in their own way, and then we'll go back to wringing our hands over the composition of the Canucks 4th line, backup goalie starts etc.

My prediction has always been a Jan 1 start, I'll stick with that.
Potatoe1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Potatoe1 »

Aaronp18 wrote:
Take the top 700 people on the planet in any profession and they will likely be just as well compensated. And of course in most professions their careers are substantially longer.
I would suggest you are mistaken on that point.

Not that it really matters. The players have every right to get the best deal they can, but make no mistake they are very fortunate to be very good at one of the few sports that pays very well.

I'm pretty sure the 700 best swimmers, or gymnasts, work every bit as hard and don't have an average salary of 2.5 mill per.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

After Spidey and his anarchist friends overthrow the US and Canadian governments, the owners will get lynched and the players will play for free at the end of a gun barrel.

Or so I am hearing....
____
Try to focus on someday.
Canuck-One
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Canuck-One »

Potatoe1 wrote:
Aaronp18 wrote:
I would suggest you are mistaken on that point.

Not that it really matters. The players have every right to get the best deal they can, but make no mistake they are very fortunate to be very good at one of the few sports that pays very well.

I'm pretty sure the 700 best swimmers, or gymnasts, work every bit as hard and don't have an average salary of 2.5 mill per.
Are you saying that swimming and gymnastics are a profession? How about pole vaulters and hammer tossers. Somehow I don't think the qualify within the framework of this discussion.
the Dogsalmon
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by the Dogsalmon »

Aaronp18 wrote:
the Dogsalmon wrote:fuck the players(aka players) and their agents(aka parasites)...they assume NO risk in the business model...and are VERY VERY WELL PAID for their work...

i very much doubt the top surgeons in the world earn an average of 2 million a year with zero business expenses...
Potatoe1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Potatoe1 »

Canuck-One wrote: Are you saying that swimming and gymnastics are a profession? How about pole vaulters and hammer tossers. Somehow I don't think the qualify within the framework of this discussion.
Ok how about Professional Lacrosse players, or WNBA players, or Waiters, or house painters (smile), or school teachers, or volley ball players, I could go on all day....

In order for the top 700 of any profession to make 2.5 mill per year the market for that profession has to be massive and the return for having the absolute best has to be exceptionally high.
the Dogsalmon
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by the Dogsalmon »

Strangelove wrote:After Spidey and his anarchist friends overthrow the US and Canadian governments, the owners will get lynched and the players will play for free at the end of a gun barrel.

Or so I am hearing....

anarchy is awesome as long as the government mails you a cheque...
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Potatoe1 wrote:In order for the top 700 of any profession to make 2.5 mill per year the market for that profession has to be massive and the return for having the absolute best has to be exceptionally high.
Then maybe they should make 1.25 per year and cut the ticket prices in 1/2. :?
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

the Dogsalmon wrote:
Aaronp18 wrote:

i very much doubt the top surgeons in the world earn an average of 2 million a year with zero business expenses...
if we are comparing salaries versus skill and importance to society at large yeah its obscene that top surgeons make peanuts by comparison to spoiled overgrown men playing a child's game. But by the same token why do you support a guy like Rocky Wirtz, whos been handed everything by virtue of his birth and who's income is not in the single digit millions (of which the taxman is getting at least half) but is hundreds of millions, of which a small portion is used for the common good? seems to me petty jealousy misses the real crime?
Boston Canucker
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Boston Canucker »

ukcanuck wrote: if we are comparing salaries versus skill and importance to society at large yeah its obscene that top surgeons make peanuts by comparison to spoiled overgrown men playing a child's game. But by the same token why do you support a guy like Rocky Wirtz, whos been handed everything by virtue of his birth and who's income is not in the single digit millions (of which the taxman is getting at least half) but is hundreds of millions, of which a small portion is used for the common good? seems to me petty jealousy misses the real crime?
[/quote][/quote]

Because the ownership of capital is its own justification, whereas workers have always had to justify their wage, and still do...the power of ideology.