The Final Nail in the Hockey Experience Coffin

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: The Final Nail in the Hockey Experience Coffin

Post by Cornuck »

Cheerleaders? No.
Ice Girls? Yes.

This was from a Ducks game a while back - no complaints about the hockey experience.

Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

I bet you all noticed she was waring hockey skates rather than figure skates :D
cheers
the Dogsalmon
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by the Dogsalmon »

Fred wrote:I bet you all noticed she was waring hockey skates rather than figure skates :D

maybe so but she still has a [nice personality]...
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

the Dogsalmon wrote:
Fred wrote:I bet you all noticed she was waring hockey skates rather than figure skates :D

maybe so but she still has a [nice personality]...
hard to tell if her personalities are real from just a picture...:)

Oh and this is to Fred....she's wearing skates?
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
okcanuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by okcanuck »

Put her on our 4th line. Throw our opponents right off their game. It could be a bust ,but maybe worth a try.
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

Potatoe1 wrote:
ClamRussel wrote:To veer this back on topic a bit...there is no way an organization with a thick rabid fanbase like Vancouver has, with a waiting list for season's tickets....that people actually PAY to be on....with sell-outs as far as the eye can see in both directions....should have to resort to cheerleaders. More accurately it should be teams that need cheerleaders to sell the game have no business even bothering to have an NHL franchise. It either sells itself or it doesn't. Cheerleaders in hockey usually goes hand in hand w/ 2for1 tickets plus free beer & hotdogs. Bringing in the Canuckettes is a nod towards the gimmickry of the Lingerie Football League, glowing pucks and organized food eating tournaments.
Again..

Who cares.

No one will stop buying tickets because of cheer leaders, and the corporate buyers who aren't big hockey fans might enjoy looking a bewbs.

At the end of the day it doesn't matter.
Who cares? Probably hockey fans who don't need to be prompted when to cheer & clap their hands like a circus seal act.
I suppose all that matters are the corporate buyers who aren't real hockey fans anyways. Clearly.
dbr wrote:In terms of nails in the hockey experience coffin I'll just say I'd rather have my sensibilities offended by cheerleaders than by ads blared out at the crowd at every opportunity.
Well now your sensibilities get both because the ads aren't going away. If the cheerleaders got rid of the blaring ads I'd be all for them.
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy
wienerdog
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by wienerdog »

ClamRussel wrote:
Potatoe1 wrote:
ClamRussel wrote:To veer this back on topic a bit...there is no way an organization with a thick rabid fanbase like Vancouver has, with a waiting list for season's tickets....that people actually PAY to be on....with sell-outs as far as the eye can see in both directions....should have to resort to cheerleaders. More accurately it should be teams that need cheerleaders to sell the game have no business even bothering to have an NHL franchise. It either sells itself or it doesn't. Cheerleaders in hockey usually goes hand in hand w/ 2for1 tickets plus free beer & hotdogs. Bringing in the Canuckettes is a nod towards the gimmickry of the Lingerie Football League, glowing pucks and organized food eating tournaments.
Again..

Who cares.

No one will stop buying tickets because of cheer leaders, and the corporate buyers who aren't big hockey fans might enjoy looking a bewbs.

At the end of the day it doesn't matter.
Who cares? Probably hockey fans who don't need to be prompted when to cheer & clap their hands like a circus seal act.
I suppose all that matters are the corporate buyers who aren't real hockey fans anyways. Clearly.
dbr wrote:In terms of nails in the hockey experience coffin I'll just say I'd rather have my sensibilities offended by cheerleaders than by ads blared out at the crowd at every opportunity.
Well now your sensibilities get both because the ads aren't going away. If the cheerleaders got rid of the blaring ads I'd be all for them.
Yeah, I do agree with a lot of this.

People wonder why Rogers Arena is the weirded out mausoleum that it is: it's a freaking hostile environment, if you ask me.

I loooooooong for the atmosphere of the last Cup run at the Collosseum...*that* was the essence of hockey.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

wienerdog wrote:
ClamRussel wrote:
dbr wrote: In terms of nails in the hockey experience coffin I'll just say I'd rather have my sensibilities offended by cheerleaders than by ads blared out at the crowd at every opportunity.

People wonder why Rogers Arena is the weirded out mausoleum that it is: it's a freaking hostile environment, if you ask me.

I loooooooong for the atmosphere of the last Cup run at the Collosseum...*that* was the essence of hockey.
I also agree.

Although I've been known to close my eyes and plug my ears during commercials at the cinema....
____
Try to focus on someday.
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

Strangelove wrote:
wienerdog wrote:
ClamRussel wrote:Well now your sensibilities get both because the ads aren't going away. If the cheerleaders got rid of the blaring ads I'd be all for them.

I also agree.

Although I've been known to close my eyes and plug my ears during commercials at the cinema....
The Pacific Coliseum and that Cup run.....YES, now that was hockey!
Anyone remember that drinking/smoke pit area under the stands? lol I remember walking by that at a ZZ Top concert as a kid. Old school rink, the way hockey was meant to be enjoyed...where it was about the hockey game and nothing but the hockey game.
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

ClamRussel wrote: Anyone remember that drinking/smoke pit area under the stands?
Oooh yeah.....
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

ClamRussel wrote: The Pacific Coliseum and that Cup run.....YES, now that was hockey!
Game 5, Dallas series, had seats on the glass, pissed Churla off real good! :drink:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

82 - I got Marcel Dionne to flip me off - fun times in the 'pit'. :D
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

NICE, Churla glared and broke his stick on the boards right in front of me during warmup.

(I basically called him a baby for his continual whining about the Bure elbow in the press)

Pat Quinn was watching intently from accross the ice. :D
____
Try to focus on someday.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

okcanuck wrote:Put her on our 4th line. Throw our opponents right off their game. It could be a bust ,but maybe worth a try.
She'd be more effective there than Mason Raymond on almost any given night.....