Evander Kane

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Re: Evander Kane

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

I like Kane too and would luv to see him here. Not sure what'd it take to get him or what the Jets want. I really hope that in a few years when Kane is a UFA, he'll sign here like Hamhuis. It'd be sweet if Lucic comes along too, but I get the feeling Kane wants to play in Vancouver more.
wienerdog
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by wienerdog »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote:It'd be sweet if Lucic comes along too, but I get the feeling Kane wants to play in Vancouver more.
I think after the playoffs two years ago, methinks Lucic doesn't have a hankering to come home.

After all, "well-educated supporters" did spraybomb his beloved church as a show of affection:

Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

...... waiting for CFP to comment on Evander Kane coming to Vancouver.......
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

Ya know, when it comes to hometown players I see it as not something expected for them to want to come back. No shame in wanting to play somewhere else - especially if they drafted you. It's just that much more admirable when they do. The only potential problem I would see with a young kid like Kane is whether he would be mature enough to be motivated by the honour of playing before his home crowd or whether he would take it as a perk to be the big man in his hometown. You see it all the time in Toronto where Ontario guys sign in Toronto and then coast because no matter what, they're Maple leaves and the homers will love them.

That sh*t with Lucic's church was discgraceful. Yeah, he's a Bruin and beneath dog shit because of it but that's not a reason to deface a place of worship no matter the creed. How to win people over... :eh:
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Yeah, maybe. But I think Lucic is professional enuff to know 1 fan doesn't speak for the whole city. I'm sure if Lucic ever decides to come here, the same fan would write: "Lucic is a god!" :lol:

wienerdog wrote:I think after the playoffs two years ago, methinks Lucic doesn't have a hankering to come home.

After all, "well-educated supporters" did spraybomb his beloved church as a show of affection:
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Obviously Lucic is/will never come to Vancouver.

- Bogo injured all season pretty much.

- Ballard being much available.

- Ray or Booth being avail'

- Kass/Jenson/Tanev/first/whatever the hell MG can get from Florida OR TORONTO.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

wienerdog wrote:
Todd Bersnoozi wrote:It'd be sweet if Lucic comes along too, but I get the feeling Kane wants to play in Vancouver more.
I think after the playoffs two years ago, methinks Lucic doesn't have a hankering to come home.

:shock: :twisted: :lol: :devil: Has Doc seen this defiling of a place of worship?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

RoyalDude wrote: Image

:shock: :twisted: :lol: :devil: Has Doc seen this defiling of a place of worship?
At least they didn't dayglo the lions on his parents gate posts.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

BTW, I can understand it if Kane wants out of Winterpeg. Been there a handful of times and the place just seemed like a big armpit on the plains with just a scary-ugly inner city. I think even Columbus, Ohio would be a prettier place. It seemed every time I was passing through, I'd read a headline (admittedly the Wpg Sun) like "Prostitutes Take over Neighbourhood" or a story about teens beating up passersby and deliberately putting their heads in frozen street ruts to run over them. Even the guys who've lived in Winnipeg I've talked to speak of it as a sentence. Not a place I would choose to live.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
ODB
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by ODB »

I HATE Winnipeg. Its gotta be the worst city in Canada. Their downtown is a cesspool. I was there on business about a year and a half ago. We were at very expensive downtown hotel. We were in the hotel restaurant having a breakfast meeting and I was sitting beside the window. At like 9:15 am I notice a drunk Indian guy staggering up the sidewalk. We're having a coffee waiting for our breakfast to come discussing a business deal we're putting together and this scum can't hardly walk. He gets right up beside us and throws up on the sidewalk! Yep, welcome to Winnipeg... fucking shit hole!
BTW, NOT A FLAME ... JUST AN OBSERVATION ... :P
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

RoyalDude wrote: :shock: :twisted: :lol: :devil: Has Doc seen this defiling of a place of worship?
Like omg.... so.... much.... hate.

Typical fuckin you-know-wot! :lol:
____
Try to focus on someday.
CFP!
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by CFP! »

Topper wrote:...... waiting for CFP to comment on Evander Kane coming to Vancouver.......
Back from Savary, what did I miss? :drink:
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Strangelove wrote:
Like omg.... so.... much.... hate.

Typical fuckin you-know-wot! :lol:
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
the Dogsalmon
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by the Dogsalmon »

ODB wrote:I HATE Winnipeg. Its gotta be the worst city in Canada. Their downtown is a cesspool. I was there on business about a year and a half ago. We were at very expensive downtown hotel. We were in the hotel restaurant having a breakfast meeting and I was sitting beside the window. At like 9:15 am I notice a drunk Indian guy staggering up the sidewalk. We're having a coffee waiting for our breakfast to come discussing a business deal we're putting together and this scum can't hardly walk. He gets right up beside us and throws up on the sidewalk! Yep, welcome to Winnipeg... fucking shit hole!

thats a standard morning in the Cowichan Valley...ODB is spoiled living in Saskatoon...
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

the Dogsalmon wrote:
ODB wrote:I HATE Winnipeg. Its gotta be the worst city in Canada. Their downtown is a cesspool. I was there on business about a year and a half ago. We were at very expensive downtown hotel. We were in the hotel restaurant having a breakfast meeting and I was sitting beside the window. At like 9:15 am I notice a drunk Indian guy staggering up the sidewalk. We're having a coffee waiting for our breakfast to come discussing a business deal we're putting together and this scum can't hardly walk. He gets right up beside us and throws up on the sidewalk! Yep, welcome to Winnipeg... fucking shit hole!

thats a standard morning in the Cowichan Valley...ODB is spoiled living in Saskatoon...
What are the beaches like in Saskatoon? I've never been.