Evander Kane

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Re: Evander Kane

Postby Todd Bersnoozi » Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:54 pm

I like Kane too and would luv to see him here. Not sure what'd it take to get him or what the Jets want. I really hope that in a few years when Kane is a UFA, he'll sign here like Hamhuis. It'd be sweet if Lucic comes along too, but I get the feeling Kane wants to play in Vancouver more.
User avatar
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1281
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2005 4:14 pm

Re: Evander Kane

Postby wienerdog » Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:05 pm

Todd Bersnoozi wrote:It'd be sweet if Lucic comes along too, but I get the feeling Kane wants to play in Vancouver more.


I think after the playoffs two years ago, methinks Lucic doesn't have a hankering to come home.

After all, "well-educated supporters" did spraybomb his beloved church as a show of affection:

Image
wienerdog
CC 2nd Team All-Star
 
Posts: 370
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:47 pm

Re: Evander Kane

Postby Topper » Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:54 pm

...... waiting for CFP to comment on Evander Kane coming to Vancouver.......
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
User avatar
Topper
CC Legend
 
Posts: 4989
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:11 pm
Location: Earth, most days.

Re: Evander Kane

Postby Lancer » Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:40 pm

Ya know, when it comes to hometown players I see it as not something expected for them to want to come back. No shame in wanting to play somewhere else - especially if they drafted you. It's just that much more admirable when they do. The only potential problem I would see with a young kid like Kane is whether he would be mature enough to be motivated by the honour of playing before his home crowd or whether he would take it as a perk to be the big man in his hometown. You see it all the time in Toronto where Ontario guys sign in Toronto and then coast because no matter what, they're Maple Leafs and the homers will love them.

That sh*t with Lucic's church was discgraceful. Yeah, he's a Bruin and beneath dog shit because of it but that's not a reason to deface a place of worship no matter the creed. How to win people over... :eh:
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
User avatar
Lancer
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1372
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2004 10:41 am
Location: Arnprior, Ontario

Re: Evander Kane

Postby Todd Bersnoozi » Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:21 pm

Yeah, maybe. But I think Lucic is professional enuff to know 1 fan doesn't speak for the whole city. I'm sure if Lucic ever decides to come here, the same fan would write: "Lucic is a god!" :lol:


wienerdog wrote:I think after the playoffs two years ago, methinks Lucic doesn't have a hankering to come home.

After all, "well-educated supporters" did spraybomb his beloved church as a show of affection:
User avatar
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1281
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2005 4:14 pm

Re: Evander Kane

Postby SKYO » Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:43 am

Obviously Lucic is/will never come to Vancouver.

- Bogo injured all season pretty much.

- Ballard being much available.

- Ray or Booth being avail'

- Kass/Jenson/Tanev/first/whatever the hell MG can get from Florida OR TORONTO.
User avatar
SKYO
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3596
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Re: Evander Kane

Postby RoyalDude » Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:06 am

wienerdog wrote:
Todd Bersnoozi wrote:It'd be sweet if Lucic comes along too, but I get the feeling Kane wants to play in Vancouver more.


I think after the playoffs two years ago, methinks Lucic doesn't have a hankering to come home.

After all, "well-educated supporters" did spraybomb his beloved church as a show of affection:

Image


:shock: :twisted: :lol: :devil: Has Doc seen this defiling of a place of worship?
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate
User avatar
RoyalDude
CC Legend
 
Posts: 4570
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: Evander Kane

Postby Topper » Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:40 am

RoyalDude wrote:Image

:shock: :twisted: :lol: :devil: Has Doc seen this defiling of a place of worship?

At least they didn't dayglo the lions on his parents gate posts.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
User avatar
Topper
CC Legend
 
Posts: 4989
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:11 pm
Location: Earth, most days.

Re: Evander Kane

Postby Lancer » Sat Sep 01, 2012 6:13 pm

BTW, I can understand it if Kane wants out of Winterpeg. Been there a handful of times and the place just seemed like a big armpit on the plains with just a scary-ugly inner city. I think even Columbus, Ohio would be a prettier place. It seemed every time I was passing through, I'd read a headline (admittedly the Wpg Sun) like "Prostitutes Take over Neighbourhood" or a story about teens beating up passersby and deliberately putting their heads in frozen street ruts to run over them. Even the guys who've lived in Winnipeg I've talked to speak of it as a sentence. Not a place I would choose to live.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
User avatar
Lancer
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1372
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2004 10:41 am
Location: Arnprior, Ontario

Re: Evander Kane

Postby ODB » Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:50 pm

I HATE Winnipeg. Its gotta be the worst city in Canada. Their downtown is a cesspool. I was there on business about a year and a half ago. We were at very expensive downtown hotel. We were in the hotel restaurant having a breakfast meeting and I was sitting beside the window. At like 9:15 am I notice a drunk Indian guy staggering up the sidewalk. We're having a coffee waiting for our breakfast to come discussing a business deal we're putting together and this scum can't hardly walk. He gets right up beside us and throws up on the sidewalk! Yep, welcome to Winnipeg... fucking shit hole!
BTW, NOT A FLAME ... JUST AN OBSERVATION ... :P
User avatar
ODB
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1167
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2004 2:13 pm

Re: Evander Kane

Postby Strangelove » Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:57 pm

RoyalDude wrote: :shock: :twisted: :lol: :devil: Has Doc seen this defiling of a place of worship?


Like omg.... so.... much.... hate.

Typical fuckin you-know-wot! :lol:
____
The Ring Leader
User avatar
Strangelove
CC Legend
 
Posts: 7539
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm

Re: Evander Kane

Postby CFP! » Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:11 pm

Topper wrote:...... waiting for CFP to comment on Evander Kane coming to Vancouver.......


Back from Savary, what did I miss? :drink:
CFP!
CC 1st Team All-Star
 
Posts: 541
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:22 pm

Re: Evander Kane

Postby RoyalDude » Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:28 pm

Strangelove wrote:
Like omg.... so.... much.... hate.

Typical fuckin you-know-wot! :lol:


:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate
User avatar
RoyalDude
CC Legend
 
Posts: 4570
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: Evander Kane

Postby the Dogsalmon » Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:03 am

ODB wrote:I HATE Winnipeg. Its gotta be the worst city in Canada. Their downtown is a cesspool. I was there on business about a year and a half ago. We were at very expensive downtown hotel. We were in the hotel restaurant having a breakfast meeting and I was sitting beside the window. At like 9:15 am I notice a drunk Indian guy staggering up the sidewalk. We're having a coffee waiting for our breakfast to come discussing a business deal we're putting together and this scum can't hardly walk. He gets right up beside us and throws up on the sidewalk! Yep, welcome to Winnipeg... fucking shit hole!



thats a standard morning in the Cowichan Valley...ODB is spoiled living in Saskatoon...
User avatar
the Dogsalmon
CC 1st Team All-Star
 
Posts: 665
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:12 am
Location: in the ainus

Re: Evander Kane

Postby RoyalDude » Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:26 am

the Dogsalmon wrote:
ODB wrote:I HATE Winnipeg. Its gotta be the worst city in Canada. Their downtown is a cesspool. I was there on business about a year and a half ago. We were at very expensive downtown hotel. We were in the hotel restaurant having a breakfast meeting and I was sitting beside the window. At like 9:15 am I notice a drunk Indian guy staggering up the sidewalk. We're having a coffee waiting for our breakfast to come discussing a business deal we're putting together and this scum can't hardly walk. He gets right up beside us and throws up on the sidewalk! Yep, welcome to Winnipeg... fucking shit hole!



thats a standard morning in the Cowichan Valley...ODB is spoiled living in Saskatoon...


What are the beaches like in Saskatoon? I've never been.
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate
User avatar
RoyalDude
CC Legend
 
Posts: 4570
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

PreviousNext

Return to Canucks Corner Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Benjo, Bing [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] and 2 guests