TV Shows: What are you watching?

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Re: TV Shows: What are you watching?

Postby Strangelove » Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:55 pm

Arachnid wrote:I WILL! Only, they're all Sabres fans in Niagara and Red Wing fans in Stratford :eh:


Really?? :look:

Arachnid wrote:Hey Doc, have you seen a BBC sic-fi show called Life on Mars (there as an American version too). A Copper goes into a coma after being run over by a car :evil: ...and winds up in 1973. The British version is far better and I'm just getting into it until BB starts.


Nope, but I just read up on it and it kinda reminds me on Total Recall (I saw the trailer on the remake Saturday) :thumbs:

Hope they did a good job with Prometheus....
____
The Ring Leader
User avatar
Strangelove
CC Legend
 
Posts: 7597
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm

Re: TV Shows: What are you watching?

Postby donlever » Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:09 pm

...The NA version died a quick death.

Harvey Keitel and Michael Imperioli were in it if I recall correctly.
A different goddamn hockey talk messageboard!
User avatar
donlever
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1861
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:07 pm

Re: TV Shows: What are you watching?

Postby Cornuck » Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:42 pm

Arachnid wrote:The British version is far better ....


Isn't that always the case? Just imagine a US version of Doctor Who...
Over 40 years of pain - I just want one day of glory.
User avatar
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
 
Posts: 4891
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 11:39 am
Location: Chester, NE

Re: TV Shows: What are you watching?

Postby Arachnid » Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:27 pm

Cornuck wrote:
Arachnid wrote:The British version is far better ....


Isn't that always the case? Just imagine a US version of Doctor Who...


Yikes :crazy:

The Office, in someways was better though...Girl With The Dragon Tattoo film was better as well (2 & 3 Swedish versions were not very good so we'll see with the NA adaption).
There is no such thing as climate change...there is no such thing as climate change...there is such thing as climate change...
Arachnid
CC Legend
 
Posts: 5195
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:56 pm
Location: Old Berlin

Re: TV Shows: What are you watching?

Postby ODB » Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:15 pm

The Newsroom is pretty good.
BTW, NOT A FLAME ... JUST AN OBSERVATION ... :P
User avatar
ODB
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1167
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2004 2:13 pm

Re: TV Shows: What are you watching?

Postby Meds » Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:30 am

Season 2 of Falling Skies hasn't disappointed so far. Was happy to see it got renewed for a 3rd season.

Giving Continuum a try. So far it's pretty good. Rachel Nicols is dead hot. Story has some good potential if they don't screw it up.
User avatar
Meds
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3473
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:50 pm

Re: TV Shows: What are you watching?

Postby Blob Mckenzie » Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:10 pm

Season 2 of hell on Wheels tonight . :mex:

Season 5 of SOA in less than a month. Baseball playoffs in about 7-8 weeks . :)

NFL starting up...... life is good.
Tell me how my ass tastes.
User avatar
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3146
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: TV Shows: What are you watching?

Postby Arachnid » Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:18 am

Wilfred is still going strong in it's 2nd season, is there anything funnier on this summer? Weeds is done. Even with the naked blonde rollerderby chick :eh: ...BB has been crackjack and is slowly building up to the finale where everyone dies...The Newsroom is too preachy liberal like The West Wing...nothing else on besides PBS docs...
There is no such thing as climate change...there is no such thing as climate change...there is such thing as climate change...
Arachnid
CC Legend
 
Posts: 5195
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:56 pm
Location: Old Berlin

Re: TV Shows: What are you watching?

Postby Fred » Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:12 pm

I watched the Comedy Roast for Roseanne last night, the last comic up was Gilbert Goddfried, not his whole set but great none the less

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vb1Pnl3MwE
cheers
Fred
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3433
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 7:00 pm

Re: TV Shows: What are you watching?

Postby Aaronp18 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:27 pm

Arachnid wrote:Wilfred is still going strong in it's 2nd season, is there anything funnier on this summer? Weeds is done. Even with the naked blonde rollerderby chick :eh: ...BB has been crackjack and is slowly building up to the finale where everyone dies...The Newsroom is too preachy liberal like The West Wing...nothing else on besides PBS docs...


Breaking Bad has been great thus far. The episode last night was vintage BB, where you can't wait to watch the next episode to see how they get themselves outta the whole they've just dug.

It's going to be interesting to see how they wrap things up, not sure why the split into two 8 episode stints for the final season.

Will it be guns ablazing in episode 8 or 16.
User avatar
Aaronp18
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1795
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:36 pm

Re: TV Shows: What are you watching?

Postby Blob Mckenzie » Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:11 pm

Aaronp18 wrote:
Arachnid wrote:Wilfred is still going strong in it's 2nd season, is there anything funnier on this summer? Weeds is done. Even with the naked blonde rollerderby chick :eh: ...BB has been crackjack and is slowly building up to the finale where everyone dies...The Newsroom is too preachy liberal like The West Wing...nothing else on besides PBS docs...


Breaking Bad has been great thus far. The episode last night was vintage BB, where you can't wait to watch the next episode to see how they get themselves outta the whole they've just dug.

It's going to be interesting to see how they wrap things up, not sure why the split into two 8 episode stints for the final season.

Will it be guns ablazing in episode 8 or 16.


BB is the best show on tv right now. Bryan Cranston is fucking amazing. The bro in law is a classic as well- fucking kills me.

Spidey i have tried to watch Wilfred but I can't do it man.
Tell me how my ass tastes.
User avatar
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3146
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: TV Shows: What are you watching?

Postby Meds » Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:02 am

Looking forward to Revolution. JJ Abrams is producing it, he rarely disappoints. Although I'd be even more optimistic were he the director.

Last Resort looks like it could be really good. It could also really suck. Here's hoping they don't kill something with potential in ther first season.

As a comic geek I'm also looking forward to Arrow.

Was dismayed to see that Kristen Kreuk (Smallville) is starring in another show for the CW. She's a definite red flag to avoid a show.....she can't act worth shit, and she's not enough eye-candy to overlook the poor quality.
User avatar
Meds
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3473
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:50 pm

Re: TV Shows: What are you watching?

Postby Arachnid » Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:47 pm

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Aaronp18 wrote:
Arachnid wrote:Wilfred is still going strong in it's 2nd season, is there anything funnier on this summer? Weeds is done. Even with the naked blonde rollerderby chick :eh: ...BB has been crackjack and is slowly building up to the finale where everyone dies...The Newsroom is too preachy liberal like The West Wing...nothing else on besides PBS docs...


Breaking Bad has been great thus far. The episode last night was vintage BB, where you can't wait to watch the next episode to see how they get themselves outta the whole they've just dug.

It's going to be interesting to see how they wrap things up, not sure why the split into two 8 episode stints for the final season.

Will it be guns ablazing in episode 8 or 16.


BB is the best show on tv right now. Bryan Cranston is fucking amazing. The bro in law is a classic as well- fucking kills me.

Spidey i have tried to watch Wilfred but I can't do it man.


don't talk to me, talk to doG

There isn't a funnier show on TV right now as far as I'm concerned. BBT is chick flic shit, haven't seen Louie but it supposed to be good. Just downloaded the original Wilfred from Australia so want to compare. The original Office from UK was not as funny as the US version. I actually like Gervais over Carell. Ricky's Extras is one of the funniest shows ever on the Tellie
There is no such thing as climate change...there is no such thing as climate change...there is such thing as climate change...
Arachnid
CC Legend
 
Posts: 5195
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:56 pm
Location: Old Berlin

Re: TV Shows: What are you watching?

Postby ODB » Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:00 am

Boardwalk Empire, Season 3 starts Sunday... :drink:

HBO, what would we do without it?
BTW, NOT A FLAME ... JUST AN OBSERVATION ... :P
User avatar
ODB
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1167
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2004 2:13 pm

Re: TV Shows: What are you watching?

Postby Blob Mckenzie » Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:52 pm

Fark,..... didn't like seeing Opie get whacked on SOA. Did NOT see that coming. Someone will get that Damon Pope cocksocker . My money is on Clay.

Breaking Bad.... finally saw the last three episodes on pvr..... wtf ?? The train robbery, nine guys getting whacked in prison. Mike getting whacked. Loved Mike Ehrmentraut. Johnathan Banks is a stud from way back in the day filming Wiseguy in Vancouver with Ken Wahl. Think Vince Gilligan jumped the shark here. Little too much Heisenburg

Hell On Wheels is a bit disappointing after a strong first season.
Tell me how my ass tastes.
User avatar
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3146
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

PreviousNext

Return to Creeper's Bar & Grill

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 1 guest