CC Random thread

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Re: CC Random thread

Post by ukcanuck »

RoyalDude wrote:
ODB wrote:
RoyalDude wrote: Hey dude, seriously the Christians can dish it out with the best of them, ie Doc Strangelove the king of racial joking but for some reason, when you say something about the Christians they get their panties in a bunch. Man up, UK, all religions get dished, the jews, the catholics, muslims etc., it's about fucking time the hillbilly Anglo Saxon inbreeding Christians suck it up and take it as well, if not, then stop fucking dishing it about other religions and races. Or in other words, 'Practice what ya Preach for christ sakes'
Or you could "man up" and admit what all this Italian hate speech has really been about. You're flaming RoyalDude on every board on this site. Why not come out and go after RD straight on instead of attacking Italians as a whole? If you did you would likely (not a guarantee though) not look like suck a total moron because as ukcanuck said, you don't know shit about Italy in particular and Italians in genera!

So just get to it already...

Or better yet, get OVER it already! :wink:

FYP

Reale amico, si dovrebbe guardare quello che dici figlio di puttana. non si sa mai quando si parla di un vero italiano 8-) 8-)
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

OK, kidding aside UK and ODB...why is it that you Christians can't handle a little slagging while at the same time you can slag every other race and religion no problem? Like I said, my biggest beef with the Christians is that they seem to have the biggest issues with non-christians, ie, other religions, people of alternate lifestyle preferences, races etc., but you can't handle the slightest bit of slagging yourselves. Seriously, if you don't like the insults then fucking stop throwing them. It doesn't get much more simpler than that.

Also, you are right, I know fuck all about religion, I have never read the bible, never studied religion. Yes I was baptized a catholic, my Italian dad and scottish mom are both baptized catholics, but the only time I have ever stepped into a church is for weddings and funerals. You won't find a bigger criticizer of the catholic religion than me myself. From my experience growing up in my household, being a catholic means you support the Glasgow Cetics and not the Rangers, or its a reason to throw a party when a kid is born, someone dies or someone is married, has fuck all to do with the religion itself, more of an alliance which is why I have become a big slagger of religion in general. The Jews, Catholics, Muslims get slagged all the time and seem to take it pretty well, but by god Never slag the Christians...cause they can't fucking handle it.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

RD - Out of left field here, but..."Atheism, not religion, is the real force behind the mass murders of history"

Looks like for the good of man kind we at CC gotta take ya out. Image
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

RoyalDude wrote:OK, kidding aside UK and ODB...why is it that you Christians can't handle a little slagging while at the same time you can slag every other race and religion no problem? Like I said, my biggest beef with the Christians is that they seem to have the biggest issues with non-christians, ie, other religions, people of alternate lifestyle preferences, races etc., but you can't handle the slightest bit of slagging yourselves. Seriously, if you don't like the insults then fucking stop throwing them. It doesn't get much more simpler than that.

Also, you are right, I know fuck all about religion, I have never read the bible, never studied religion. Yes I was baptized a catholic, my Italian dad and scottish mom are both baptized catholics, but the only time I have ever stepped into a church is for weddings and funerals. You won't find a bigger criticizer of the catholic religion than me myself. From my experience growing up in my household, being a catholic means you support the Glasgow Cetics and not the Rangers, or its a reason to throw a party when a kid is born, someone dies or someone is married, has fuck all to do with the religion itself, more of an alliance which is why I have become a big slagger of religion in general. The Jews, Catholics, Muslims get slagged all the time and seem to take it pretty well, but by god Never slag the Christians...cause they can't fucking handle it.
You're a facking Scot?! :shock: Gawd dang, that's far worse than being Eyetalian :evil:

All you people arguing about ideologies and religions should be put against a wall and shot not because the pope is German....but because he told me so...

I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

RoyalDude wrote:You won't find a bigger criticizer of the catholic religion than me myself. From my experience growing up in my household, being a catholic means you support the Glasgow Cetics and not the Rangers, or its a reason to throw a party when a kid is born, someone dies or someone is married, has fuck all to do with the religion itself, more of an alliance which is why I have become a big slagger of religion in general.
So you're a huge critic of religion because your parents weren't religious enough? :?

Actually, the other religions don't take to criticism, either. You might remember the Muslims getting a little upset over some cartoons? The Jews get upset when people criticize the policies of Israel and consider it an attack on their religion. Everyone has a right to defend their faith, but since you seem to focus on Christianity, you hear more from them.

I've read the bible, spent some time in church and decided that it wasn't for me. I see a lot of hypocrisy happening in the name of religion - but I'm not going to harass people who have a different belief system than I do.

I'm going to suggest that we separate hockey and religion (except for game day prayers :D ). It's not going to go anywhere productive. It's not going to solve anything, and it's only going to start pissing people off. Talk politics instead.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

ukcanuck wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:
Per wrote:

So, you do believe in evolution? :o
Woops, did Doc just pull a Jimmy Swaggart and sinned? "I have sinned against you my lord" :cry: :cry: :cry:
holy crap, its like i don't even know where to begin...

Per, evolution and creation are not mutually exclusive, clearly natural selection is at work everywhere in nature as we speak, however it neither proves nor disproves whether or not the universe is a product of design or random chance.
Personally id like to know how many big bangs and how many universes would have to happen before one accidentally came into existence with all the right circumstances to support life on at least this planet. the number has to be astronomically huge... :mrgreen:

Dude, you be better off trying to beat Doc over the head with what you know about hockey rather than what you know about religion. Its almost like everything you know about the subject of christianity you learned from reading the watchtower in the dentist's office. :D
Nah, it's just that on a number of occassions the dear doctor has argued against evolution, so it was nice to see him coming around. And my psychology teacher in Iowa was a Catholic who believed in evolutionary creation (or whatever he called it) so I know the two ideas aren't mutually exclusive.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Cornuck wrote: I'm going to suggest that we separate hockey and religion
How can we separate hockey and religion? :eh:

Hockey is the only religion I have! :|
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

SKYO wrote:RD - Out of left field here, but..."Atheism, not religion, is the real force behind the mass murders of history"

Well, that's interesting that you bring that up, SKYO. I pulled this from the Pussy Riot thread, somebody linked it there. It's a list of the 10 Greatest Killers of Man. Check out number 7 on that list, here - http://listverse.com/2010/11/02/10-grea ... rs-of-man/
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Well, at least the Catholic religion is a religion of glamour, wealth, greed, romanticism, arts, luxury where money goes right to the top from the poor catholics of the world, they at least have a monetary system in place. The Christians are just a bunch of dumbass Ozark, KKK, Neo-Nazi, inbreeding, sodomizing hillbillies with banjo's and if not they, they are a bunch of republicans that come from a long line of rich hillbillies. :shock: :shock:
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

ukcanuck wrote:
Hey diss who you like I don't care and I can take it when you slam my religion and race, I love a good catholic joke even ones about the pope and alter boys , whatever, but at least get it right, there is no such thing as an hill billy anglo saxon, check out Wikipedia at least...

"Hillbilly is a term referring to certain people who dwell in rural, mountainous areas of the United States, primarily Appalachia but also the Ozarks. Owing to its strongly stereotypical connotations, the term is frequently considered derogatory, and so is usually [ONLY] offensive to those Americans of Appalachian heritage. "

and

"The term Anglo-Saxon is used by some historians to designate the Germanic tribes who invaded and settled the south and east of Britain beginning in the early 5th century and the period from their creation of the English nation up to the Norman conquest. " Brits today are no more Anglo Saxon that Mexicans are Aztecs

While Hill billies are generally Protestant Christian most likely Baptist, Anglo Saxons however were only nominally Christian and had to be converted by the sword and the norman conquest..
You're being too literal. Check out the definition according to the American Heritage dictionary:
An·glo-Sax·on (nggl-sksn)
n.
1. A member of one of the Germanic peoples, the Angles, the Saxons, and the Jutes, who settled in Britain in the fifth and sixth centuries.
2. Any of the descendants of the Anglo-Saxons, who were dominant in England until the Norman Conquest of 1066.
3. See Old English.
4. A person of English ancestry.
adj.
Of, relating to, or characteristic of Anglo-Saxons, their descendants, or their language or culture; English.
Even though the first definition is the original meaning, I'd say that the fourth definition is the one most frequently used in every day speech; a person of English ancestry. And hillbilly is generally used by anyone from a rural setting that is poor, uneducated and seemingly backward. Thus I have no problems understanding what an Anglo-Saxon hillbilly is.

ukcanuck wrote: and
Inbreeding is not acceptable in any religion (other than among Calgary Flames fans of course)
Wrong.

Religion decreed that the Pharaoh must marry his sisters in order to keep the divine royal blood pure.
http://www.love-egypt.com/royal-incest.html

Same thing with the Inca.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

RoyalDude wrote:Well, at least the Catholic religion is a religion of glamour, wealth, greed, romanticism, arts, luxury where money goes right to the top from the poor catholics of the world, they at least have a monetary system in place. The Christians are just a bunch of dumbass Ozark, KKK, Neo-Nazi, inbreeding, sodomizing hillbillies with banjo's and if not they, they are a bunch of republicans that come from a long line of rich hillbillies. :shock: :shock:
:shock:

Last time I checked the Catholics were Christians. :|
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

basically if you trace the hillbillies lineage, you will find that if you go back far enough it takes right back to Britain. The Scots, Irish, English, Welsh. The names Hatfield and McCoys ain't exactly Italian is it, it's British ancestry my friend? And if you go back further than that you get the Anglo-Saxons. When was the last time you saw an Appalachian Hilbilly with the last name Sanchez ? Lets face it, the Brits invented inbreeding.

In fairness to us Scots, we are not Anglo-Saxon, if you trace the Scots back you will find Norwegian Scandinavian Viking and Norse settler ancestry in their genes not the despicable Anglo-Saxon gene, which is why the Scots are so much tougher than the English.

The Irish are a mess, that gene pool got fucked up during the Spanish Armada with the Spaniards raping the Irish woman in which the fallout from that got you 'the Black Irish'.
Last edited by Chef Boi RD on Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:17 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Per wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:Well, at least the Catholic religion is a religion of glamour, wealth, greed, romanticism, arts, luxury where money goes right to the top from the poor catholics of the world, they at least have a monetary system in place. The Christians are just a bunch of dumbass Ozark, KKK, Neo-Nazi, inbreeding, sodomizing hillbillies with banjo's and if not they, they are a bunch of republicans that come from a long line of rich hillbillies. :shock: :shock:

Don't tell that to a Christian. You'd get a rifle placed under your chin for that.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

RoyalDude wrote:
Per wrote:

Don't tell that to a Christian. You'd get a rifle placed under your chin for that.
Unless, of course, that Christian happens to be Catholic. :roll:

Shouldn't really correct you on this, we fought the Catholics in the 30 year war and Catholicism was illegal in Sweden till the late 19th century. Ligist (originally meaning member of the Catholic League) is still a synonym for gangster in Swedish. :lol:

All goes back to some pope in the 16th century suggesting that Sweden belonged to Denmark. We had formed a Scandinavian Union in the 14th century, in the wake of the Black Death, and when Sweden seceded in 1520, the Pope sided with Denmark. That's why we became Lutherans, btw. Just like England turned protestant so that Henry VIII could have a divorce.

Religion isn't really that much about religion, it's more about politics.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Per wrote: Religion isn't really that much about religion, it's more about politics.
This...pretty much in a nutshell. But hey we all need to feel apart of some sort of organization don't we whether it's the dope smoking community or the Jehovahs Witnesses, whatever floats your boat, that's what lifes about. It's more about selfish reasons, personal development, building friendships, networking, at the end of the day - purely economical and greed but in the guise of whatever.