NFL Pool?

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Mr.Miyagi
CC 2nd Team All-Star

NFL Pool?

Post by Mr.Miyagi »

Hello football fans!

Would there be any interest in an NFL pool this winter? Looks like hockey might be on the back burner for a while so I was hoping to get an NFL pool together.

I was thinking we would keep it simple. Head-to-head match ups weekly. Basic scoring systems. Feel me?

It wouldn't require a lot of work/babysitting as you can set up your player rankings in advance or just use the server's (ESPN) rankings and auto-draft your team. I believe you can set up automatic subs for injuries or by-weeks as well.

I would try to keep it as light duty as possible so more people can play. If it turns out that only hardcore poolies join up then maybe we could make it a little more thorough and in-depth.

I would prefer at least 8-12 entries. Is there enough interest here? Thoughts?
In Okinawa, all Miyagi know two things: hockey and karate.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Re: NFL Pool?

Post by ukcanuck »

Mr.Miyagi wrote:Hello football fans!

Thoughts?
This is what rider nation does when they suck ?
Mr.Miyagi
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Re: NFL Pool?

Post by Mr.Miyagi »

:-o
Maybe ... or maybe I am just trying to bury the depressing feeling of no NHL hockey :(

So are you in or what?

As for my Riders ... I'm thinking tonight is the night they turn it around ....
In Okinawa, all Miyagi know two things: hockey and karate.