CC Random thread

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Re: CC Random thread

Postby Blob Mckenzie » Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:35 pm

Arachnid wrote:played in a ball hockey tourney this past weekend with a TSN anchor, he thinks hockey message board posters are all a bunch of inappropriate goons...i think i represented us well 8-)


Too funny. My buddy who is neighbours with Don Taylor and has the odd beer with him said Taylor implied that most if not all message board posters are a bunch of pricks and that they carve up all radio/tv personalities. I have also heard him say on the radio how message boards are a bunch of clowns and cowards for carving up the media.

:lol: :lol:
Tell me how my ass tastes.
User avatar
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3130
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: CC Random thread

Postby Topper » Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:57 pm

Biting the hands that feed.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
User avatar
Topper
CC Legend
 
Posts: 4989
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:11 pm
Location: Earth, most days.

Re: CC Random thread

Postby rats19 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:11 pm

Topper wrote:Biting the hands that feed.

feeding the mouths that bite..:)
You are who you hang with.....
User avatar
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
 
Posts: 4805
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:21 am
Location: over there.....

Re: CC Random thread

Postby Arachnid » Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:43 pm

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Arachnid wrote:played in a ball hockey tourney this past weekend with a TSN anchor, he thinks hockey message board posters are all a bunch of inappropriate goons...i think i represented us well 8-)


Too funny. My buddy who is neighbours with Don Taylor and has the odd beer with him said Taylor implied that most if not all message board posters are a bunch of pricks and that they carve up all radio/tv personalities. I have also heard him say on the radio how message boards are a bunch of clowns and cowards for carving up the media.

:lol: :lol:


I ain't say'n who it is, he's a good guy and teammate, he mighta been tainted by my play 8-) and my yak'n that we are a buncha armchair think we know it all clowns that cowardly hide behind anonymous user names...mind you...they know about HW ;)
There is no such thing as climate change...there is no such thing as climate change...there is such thing as climate change...
Arachnid
CC Legend
 
Posts: 5148
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:56 pm
Location: Old Berlin

Re: CC Random thread

Postby ODB » Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:24 pm

REGINA — Thanks to strong demand for resources, Saskatchewan’s export sales are expected to pass those of more-populous B.C. this year, the head of the Prairie province’s export agency says.

Lionel LaBelle, president-CEO of the Saskatchewan Trade and Export Partnership (STEP) says recently released figures collected by Statistics Canada indicate the province’s farms, mines and industries had sold $16.035 billion of products to foreign buyers by the end of June, compared with B.C.’s $15.6 billion.

That works out to a 16.8-per cent increase in export sales so far this year, atop a 24-per-cent rise in 2011, he said, adding this puts us behind Ontario, Alberta and Quebec as exporters.



Saskamammyrammer no more... :lol:

I dub thee British Colmammyrammerumbia!
BTW, NOT A FLAME ... JUST AN OBSERVATION ... :P
User avatar
ODB
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1167
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2004 2:13 pm

Re: CC Random thread

Postby the Dogsalmon » Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:20 pm

the whlfans.ca site got hijacked and hacked...
User avatar
the Dogsalmon
CC 1st Team All-Star
 
Posts: 665
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:12 am
Location: in the ainus

Re: CC Random thread

Postby CFP! » Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:27 pm

Heading to Savary again....

Cant wait to hit the beaches with a G&T/Mojito and a couple amazing sand castles in the works.
CFP!
CC 1st Team All-Star
 
Posts: 541
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:22 pm

Re: CC Random thread

Postby Topper » Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:06 am

ODB wrote:
REGINA — Thanks to strong demand for resources, Saskatchewan’s export sales are expected to pass those of more-populous B.C. this year, the head of the Prairie province’s export agency says.

Lionel LaBelle, president-CEO of the Saskatchewan Trade and Export Partnership (STEP) says recently released figures collected by Statistics Canada indicate the province’s farms, mines and industries had sold $16.035 billion of products to foreign buyers by the end of June, compared with B.C.’s $15.6 billion.

That works out to a 16.8-per cent increase in export sales so far this year, atop a 24-per-cent rise in 2011, he said, adding this puts us behind Ontario, Alberta and Quebec as exporters.



Saskamammyrammer no more... :lol:

I dub thee British Colmammyrammerumbia!

It is only going to get worse for BC when the Commies get elected next year. You folks were smart enough to reject them, but our layabout sun drenched populous thinks the free ride they promise is a reality.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
User avatar
Topper
CC Legend
 
Posts: 4989
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:11 pm
Location: Earth, most days.

Re: CC Random thread

Postby Blob Mckenzie » Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:15 am

Topper wrote:
ODB wrote:
REGINA — Thanks to strong demand for resources, Saskatchewan’s export sales are expected to pass those of more-populous B.C. this year, the head of the Prairie province’s export agency says.

Lionel LaBelle, president-CEO of the Saskatchewan Trade and Export Partnership (STEP) says recently released figures collected by Statistics Canada indicate the province’s farms, mines and industries had sold $16.035 billion of products to foreign buyers by the end of June, compared with B.C.’s $15.6 billion.

That works out to a 16.8-per cent increase in export sales so far this year, atop a 24-per-cent rise in 2011, he said, adding this puts us behind Ontario, Alberta and Quebec as exporters.



Saskamammyrammer no more... :lol:

I dub thee British Colmammyrammerumbia!

It is only going to get worse for BC when the Commies get elected next year. You folks were smart enough to reject them, but our layabout sun drenched populous thinks the free ride they promise is a reality.


No shit Topper. everyone wants to hate on the Libs and Gordo and co. but the mongoloids that make up the NDP scare the fuck out of me. Businesses will leave , our taxes will skyrocket, but hey the toilets cleaners at the hospital and the unions will be smiling like a butchers dog. Be prepared to take a substantial haircut on your earnings when the NDP take office. John Cummings and Christy Cunt really need to unite the right and give the NDP the boot in 2017-218.....
Tell me how my ass tastes.
User avatar
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3130
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: CC Random thread

Postby Vpete » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:23 am

It's so true it hurts. I can remember the celebration that happened in 2001 the night the NDP went down. BC entered a period of huge growth despite all the people on a free ride all over the province.

At some point people are going to realize that it sucks to pay taxes when you don't earn any money and there are no jobs.

It's gonna be a hard lesson but organic farming and wave power are not going to get the job done. Maybe if they legalize pot it will give some folks more of a purpose to garden but don't bet on it.
Brick Top: Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cunt... me.
Vpete
CC 2nd Team All-Star
 
Posts: 320
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:01 pm

Re: CC Random thread

Postby ukcanuck » Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:14 pm

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
No shit Topper. everyone wants to hate on the Libs and Gordo and co. but the mongoloids that make up the NDP scare the fuck out of me. Businesses will leave , our taxes will skyrocket, but hey the toilets cleaners at the hospital and the unions will be smiling like a butchers dog. Be prepared to take a substantial haircut on your earnings when the NDP take office. John Cummings and Christy Cunt really need to unite the right and give the NDP the boot in 2017-218.....


Not trying to be funny, but what business has ever left BC exactly on account of the government being left wing? I've heard that threat since I was a kid and it was Dave Barrett's NDP, but the only business I've seen leave is companies sell out to larger American concerns who liquidate assets and take the business south, pretty much all on either the Socred or BC liberal's watch

oh and fuck the BC Liberals for being lying cunts about being Liberal, I don't mind the right, but fuck off and call a spade a spade...
User avatar
ukcanuck
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 2433
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:04 am

Re: CC Random thread

Postby Topper » Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:49 pm

Mining

Dave killed the exploration sector with threats to tax in situ value of deposits.

Clark-Harcourt with the expropriation of Windy Craggy, killed the industry for several years with doubts of land tenure.

At least Christy has made good on the compensation for the Flathead.
Last edited by Topper on Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
User avatar
Topper
CC Legend
 
Posts: 4989
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:11 pm
Location: Earth, most days.

Re: CC Random thread

Postby ukcanuck » Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:52 pm

Topper wrote:Mining

mining as far as i understand it didnt leave, it stopped due to dropping world prices, its on the rebound now not because of anything victoria has done but rather because China is buying again...
User avatar
ukcanuck
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 2433
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:04 am

Re: CC Random thread

Postby Topper » Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:00 pm

ukcanuck wrote:
Topper wrote:Mining

mining as far as i understand it didnt leave, it stopped due to dropping world prices, its on the rebound now not because of anything victoria has done but rather because China is buying again...

see my expanded reply

Land Tenure is the biggest issue facing the industry in BC. Gordo got the ball started again in BC by signing MOU's with several groups of wagon burners. He then dropped the ball by not pursuing the issue further and leaving each project to negotiate with the local bands. The result is a patchwork of half agreements with bands playing off one another to get better deals. It is in their interest to prolong the process as the Supreme Court has decided that the company also has to foot the bill for the Band to hire lawyers and consultants to study oppose the project.

Mines such as Similco and Afton have been reopened, Kemmess and now Mt Milligan are about the only two to be developed with several stalled at the negotiating table.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
User avatar
Topper
CC Legend
 
Posts: 4989
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:11 pm
Location: Earth, most days.

Re: CC Random thread

Postby Arachnid » Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:13 pm

Topper wrote:
ukcanuck wrote:
Topper wrote:Mining

mining as far as i understand it didnt leave, it stopped due to dropping world prices, its on the rebound now not because of anything victoria has done but rather because China is buying again...

see my expanded reply

Land Tenure is the biggest issue facing the industry in BC. Gordo got the ball started again in BC by signing MOU's with several groups of wagon burners. He then dropped the ball by not pursuing the issue further and leaving each project to negotiate with the local bands. The result is a patchwork of half agreements with bands playing off one another to get better deals. It is in their interest to prolong the process as the Supreme Court has decided that the company also has to foot the bill for the Band to hire lawyers and consultants to study oppose the project.

Mines such as Similco and Afton have been reopened, Kemmess and now Mt Milligan are about the only two to be developed with several stalled at the negotiating table.


Go Injuns!

*runs and bans self before rats can* :look:
There is no such thing as climate change...there is no such thing as climate change...there is such thing as climate change...
Arachnid
CC Legend
 
Posts: 5148
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:56 pm
Location: Old Berlin

PreviousNext

Return to Creeper's Bar & Grill

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests