Bjugstad. Who is he?

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Bjugstad. Who is he?

Post by Chef Boi RD »

I gotta be clear, I have not seen this dude play one second of hockey, nor have I even seen any highlight reels on the kid. Who the fuck is he and what's all the hubub? This is Florida we are dealing with, sort of like dealing with the devil cause they raped us fantastically, or should I say Gillis, on every deal with done with them except for Burke's Sedin trade and Nonis Luongo trade. We were actually doing gorgeously with the Panthers until Gillis came on the scene. Personally, at the rate Gillis is going, I would be avoiding making anymore trades with the Panthers. Which brings me to Bjugstad, is this guy overhyped to the 9th degree, cause I gotta be honest, I had not really heard of the cat until the Luongo trade rumors with the Panthers came up. All I knew out of the Panther prospect section were Huberdeau and the GREAT Quinton Howden.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Canuck-One
CC 1st Team All-Star

Re: Bjugstad. Who is he?

Post by Canuck-One »

I don't know anything on a first hand basis but got this from Hockey's Future;

Talent Analysis
As freshman for Minnesota, Bjugstad was used extensively in all situations, including key penalty kills or power plays late in important games. He has high-end hockey sense that he displays at both ends of the ice. He has a strong wrist shot that he regularly puts on net. He has multiple tools for attacking the opposition, whether he is using his size to create traffic at the front of the net, controlling the powerplay from the halfboards, or pestering opposing players with his relentless forecheck. He uses his body well, both for physical play, puck protection, and positional play on defense. He is a agile skater for his size, though he has mostly average straight-line speed.

Future
Bjugstad will return to the University of Minnesota for his sophomore season, and should also play internationally for the USA Junior team. However, given his combination of size, abilities, and awareness, Panthers fans and foes alike will not have to wait long before they see Bjugstad in the NHL. He projects as a solid, two-way power forward who can shut down opponents and turn the tempo of a game.
Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

We can only judge by his press clippings, I've never seen him play. But if he does come our way he'll be presented as the next coming of JC :lol:
cheers
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."