Any one use Spotify

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Any one use Spotify

Postby Fred » Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:41 pm

If so how did you install it and was it worth the trouble ?
cheers
Fred
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3433
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 7:00 pm

Re: Any one use Spotify

Postby Per » Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:35 pm

Of course! Been using it for years.
No need to upload or download anything anymore. All the music, all the time, just there.

Any one not using spotify? :o

Uhm, don't really remember exactly how I installed it. Back then you needed an invite, kind of like with gmail when it was new. So I guess I needed to tap in the code of the invite or something. Should just be a regular install these days though, right?
User avatar
Per
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1792
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:45 am

Re: Any one use Spotify

Postby Per » Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:51 pm

Oops! Guess it's not available in Canada unless you do some workaround.

Here's a couple of links:

http://www.start-vpn.com/blog/2012/04/0 ... n-service/

http://www.thereviewcrew.com/news/how-t ... in-canada/
User avatar
Per
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1792
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:45 am

Re: Any one use Spotify

Postby Fred » Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:25 pm

Thks Per, my son was showing me it, he's in UK, look great
cheers
Fred
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3433
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 7:00 pm

Re: Any one use Spotify

Postby Per » Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:12 am

Fred wrote:Thks Per, my son was showing me it, he's in UK, look great


Hey! If he's in England and using it, you're all set! Just upload the software and use his account!
Assuming of course that he's OK with that, but you can install the software and use the same account on any number of computers, cell phones, ipads, whatever.

The only problem is if you both listen to it at the same time, then you may get an error message that the account is currently used elsewhere, but with the time difference between Canada and the UK that should be a minor problem! 8-)
User avatar
Per
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1792
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:45 am

Re: Any one use Spotify

Postby SKYO » Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:52 pm

I just use what'cd

every friggin' album/cd ever made is on there, from flac to mp3.
User avatar
SKYO
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3437
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Re: Any one use Spotify

Postby Fred » Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:40 pm

Per wrote:
Fred wrote:Thks Per, my son was showing me it, he's in UK, look great


Hey! If he's in England and using it, you're all set! Just upload the software and use his account!
Assuming of course that he's OK with that, but you can install the software and use the same account on any number of computers, cell phones, ipads, whatever.

The only problem is if you both listen to it at the same time, then you may get an error message that the account is currently used elsewhere, but with the time difference between Canada and the UK that should be a minor problem! 8-)


So if I get this straight I can download direct from his laptop to my external hard drive say and use in Canada ??????

Appreciate your info thks
cheers
Fred
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3433
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 7:00 pm

Re: Any one use Spotify

Postby Fred » Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:58 pm

We tried using my sons laptop to open and accou8nt but it didn't work, but I can actually use his account ( which you suggested ) and he's going to open up another account back in the UK when he returns so I can use it from here. Thanks for all your help Per
cheers
Fred
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3433
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 7:00 pm

Re: Any one use Spotify

Postby Per » Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:01 pm

Fred wrote:We tried using my sons laptop to open and accou8nt but it didn't work, but I can actually use his account ( which you suggested ) and he's going to open up another account back in the UK when he returns so I can use it from here. Thanks for all your help Per


Just glad I could help you! 8-)
User avatar
Per
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1792
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:45 am

Re: Any one use Spotify

Postby Fred » Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:47 pm

You'll never guess, my son received a message from Spotify telling him he had been using a foreign IP for to long and they would cancel his service :-) so there goes that option
cheers
Fred
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3433
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 7:00 pm

Re: Any one use Spotify

Postby SKYO » Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:08 am

Get ReplayMediaCatcher dl any song from UTube easy peasy or get any song on the internet for that matter.
User avatar
SKYO
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3437
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:34 pm


Return to Creeper's Bar & Grill

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests