Arnott

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Jovocop
CC Legend

Arnott

Post by Jovocop »

Brad Ziemer‏@BradZiemer

Arnott's agent, his brother Wade: "There seems to be some mutual interest." #Canucks
Brad Ziemer‏@BradZiemer

To be clear, Arnott only gets signed if Doan doesn't. #Canucks looking to get younger and can't do that with 2 guys north of 35.

Arnott put up 17g 17a in 72 games last season with the Blues. Not too bad considering that he is 37 years old with limited ice time.
Fred
CC Legend

Re: Arnott

Post by Fred »

I like Arnott. He's a sort of forgotten man, 50% FO man last season, big, has some meaness still left from his youth and he's willing to sign a 1 year deal. But i don't think he's a westcoast enamoured sort of guy
cheers
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Arnott's play got worse and worse as last season went on.

Doan likely has a few solid seasons in him, Arnott is done like dinner.

*sticks fork in Arnott*
____
Try to focus on someday.
Gino's Knuckle
CC Rookie

Post by Gino's Knuckle »

Strangelove wrote:Arnott's play got worse and worse as last season went on.

*sticks fork in Arnott*
I like the old Arnott, but must confess I really didn't watch much Blues' hockey last year so didn't notice any significant drop-off in play. Assuming Doan isn't coming here, is Arnott's play so bad now that he wouldn't be merit a one year deal as yer 3rd/4th line centre?
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

I like this direction, if we can sign both Doan and Arnott, I wonder if Gillis could talk Trevor Linden into coming out of retirement...

WTF is this, Victoria B.C. of the NHL, the Last Stop before Heaven, or should I say 'Old Timers Hockey'. All this reminds me of the Blues Brothers..."we are gettin' the band back together"
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Boston Canucker
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Boston Canucker »

Gino's Knuckle wrote:
Strangelove wrote:Arnott's play got worse and worse as last season went on.

*sticks fork in Arnott*
I like the old Arnott, but must confess I really didn't watch much Blues' hockey last year so didn't notice any significant drop-off in play. Assuming Doan isn't coming here, is Arnott's play so bad now that he wouldn't be merit a one year deal as yer 3rd/4th line centre?
A low cost one year contract might not be much of a risk. He did have 17 goals last year on a very defense first team, so if the price is right, wouldn't be the worst idea, as a 3rd/4th line type with experience. Then again, he could be this year's Owen Nolan, training camp tryout who realizes it's the end of the road...Can I see what's behind Door #2, Monty?
Canuck-One
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Canuck-One »

If Arnott is willing to come on for 1 to 1.5 for 1 year and we can't get Doan then sign him for the 3rd line. He is still usable as a FO guy and could possibly fill in here and there for Kesler if he isn't as quick to heal as he thinks he is.
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

Arnott may not be the best Plan B, but it seems he's the best Plan B available. Gallagher was blowing his load over Gillis signing somebody like Gaustad, but Arnott would be a better (albeit older) option at 3rd line C. Everybody else left at the position just seems like subtraction by addition. Gilbert Brule, or a couple months of Schroeder until Kes comes back 100%?

Depending on what Gillis gets for Luongo in whatever trade materializes, Arnott may become excess capacity but that's a welcome problem to have unless his cap hit gets above $2.75 million. Even if Doan signs with Van, no harm in signing Arnott as well if they can make it work cap-wise.

I still think some dominoes have to fall first, but it's encouraging to see the front office kicking tires for a back-up plan.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

I love the brilliance of this, while our division is getting younger in the core talent department, ie Minnesota, Edmonton and Colorado...we will counter that with old man toughness. Hope there will be loads of oxygen masks at the bench.

I wonder if we could trade for Ryan Smyth?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Mondi wrote: Arnott at 2.5 million is a fine pick up.
He'd probably sign for $1.7 and probably wouldn't earn it!
Mondi wrote: Especially for one season.
You think anyone would sign him for more than one season?? :lol:

*pulls fork out of Arnott, sticks it in Mondi* :D
____
Try to focus on someday.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Higgins Arnott Hansen seems like a formidable third line!
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

Listening on 1040 today they mentioned that Arnott's attitude leaves a lot to be desired which I guess is why St L didn't re-sign him. I've heard that before but honestly thought age would have knocked the corners off his attitude, well apparently not
cheers
FAN
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by FAN »

I thought Arnott didn't want to play in Canada? I guess he just wants to play in the NHL.

He's coming off knee surgery and a shoulder injury. Under $2M I'll like to see Gillis take a flyer on him.
paddy
CC Veteran

Post by paddy »

RoyalDude wrote:I like this direction, if we can sign both Doan and Arnott, I wonder if Gillis could talk Trevor Linden into coming out of retirement...

WTF is this, Victoria B.C. of the NHL, the Last Stop before Heaven, or should I say 'Old Timers Hockey'. All this reminds me of the Blues Brothers..."we are gettin' the band back together"
It's a hundred and six miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses. Hit it.
whether you like it or don't like it learn to live with it because its the best thing going today...
clem
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by clem »

It's got a cop motor, a 440 cubic inch plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspensions, cop shocks. It's a model made before catalytic converters so it'll run good on regular gas. What do you say, is it the new Bluesmobile or what?

Fix the cigarette lighter.