Weber is a Pred for Life

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Re: Weber is a Pred for Life

Post by 2Fingers »

rats19 wrote:Fuckem...Fuck them all to hell :scowl:
+1
Diehard1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Diehard1 »

RoyalDude wrote:I think that's awesome that Weber doesn't want to play in Vancouver. Shit, first Schultz now Weber. I thought Edmonton was where nobody wanted play? But hey, I love Vancouver, love the Nucks but ya know what I hate more than what I love, arrogant Canuck fans and the Vancouver sports media.
Nobody wants to play in Vancouver! We should all just give up and never watch this team again!
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Groovypippin wrote:There is only one unfortunate byproduct of this decision and it's the reduced likelihood of Shane Doan coming to Vancouver. Losing out on Weber puts Philly back on top in the Shane Doan sweeps as it seems likes Doan's preferred destination.
Why? Is that your own spectulation or did Doan publicly say that??
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Gillis said on the team after meeting with Weber that playing in Vancouver was not a priority, that the fans/local media often blow the "home team" draw way out of proportion, and that its one of several factors players consider.

He also said his impression was Weber wanted to get as much money as possible. Since we don't know what the next CBA will look like, we don't know how many millions of dollars it would have cost Shea to wait a year for UFA. Its not about not wanting to play in Vancouver or wanting to play in Philly, its about how is Shea going to get the most money. The answer to that is sign a massive offer sheet and wait for the Preds to match.

Had Shea actually chosen to play for Philly, he wouldn't have signed an offer sheet. He'd either sign with Nashville and demand a trade, or sign a one-year deal.
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

ESQ wrote:Gillis said on the team after meeting with Weber that playing in Vancouver was not a priority, that the fans/local media often blow the "home team" draw way out of proportion, and that its one of several factors players consider.

He also said his impression was Weber wanted to get as much money as possible. Since we don't know what the next CBA will look like, we don't know how many millions of dollars it would have cost Shea to wait a year for UFA. Its not about not wanting to play in Vancouver or wanting to play in Philly, its about how is Shea going to get the most money. The answer to that is sign a massive offer sheet and wait for the Preds to match.

Had Shea actually chosen to play for Philly, he wouldn't have signed an offer sheet. He'd either sign with Nashville and demand a trade, or sign a one-year deal.
This is exactly why I think Holmgren is an idiot. Weber just used Holmgren to get the money that he wants.
clem
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by clem »

Holmgren went for the big PR splash. Reminiscent of a GM who used to work for the Canucks.

Phili fans were crooning over Holmgren's gonads while Nashville considered the offer sheet, like someone here.

Now that the jig is up, Phili fans are having a second look at Holmgren's performance. Holmgren was taking some heat from local fans before the Richards & Carter trades.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Dut..dut..Dut...howldon thar kimosabis.....
Analyze..this......

I help shea weber get perhaps.25millying dollars more than if he waited.
Then after 1 year and 26 of those millying dollars having been paid, shea wants out..where does he go?

It like donating 25mill to a political fund, its likely you will be approved for whatever you need approving for.

Holmgren owns weber
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

rats19 wrote:Dut..dut..Dut...howldon thar kimosabis.....
Analyze..this......

I help shea weber get perhaps.25millying dollars more than if he waited.
Then after 1 year and 26 of those millying dollars having been paid, shea wants out..where does he go?

It like donating 25mill to a political fund, its likely you will be approved for whatever you need approving for.

Holmgren owns weber
Anywhere but Philly. Weber can demand a trade but the Preds will never trade him to Philly or wherever Holmgren works unless it is a HUGE overpayment.
clem
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by clem »

rats19 wrote: ....It like donating 25mill to a political fund, its likely you will be approved for whatever you need approving for.

Holmgren owns weber
Without a NTC or NMC, Poile owns Weber.

Work that money grubbing sucka !
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

clem wrote:
rats19 wrote: ....It like donating 25mill to a political fund, its likely you will be approved for whatever you need approving for.

Holmgren owns weber
Without a NTC or NMC, Poile owns Weber.

Work that money grubbing sucka !
Exactly! Weber should send a thank you card to Holmgren though.
wienerdog
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by wienerdog »

Now that Weber is locked up long-term without an NTC, I will always live with a small nagging fear that he is traded to EDM out of spite in a blockbuster involving one of their young top guns, thereby making the Coilers a huge fucking powerhouse overnight.

Well, that is if Tambellini ever gets his head out of his ass and figures out that Dubnyk is going to get them nowhere fast.
Boston Canucker
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Boston Canucker »

wienerdog wrote:Now that Weber is locked up long-term without an NTC, I will always live with a small nagging fear that he is traded to EDM out of spite in a blockbuster involving one of their young top guns, thereby making the Coilers a huge fucking powerhouse overnight.

Well, that is if Tambellini ever gets his head out of his ass and figures out that Dubnyk is going to get them nowhere fast.
I wouldn't worry about it, after shelling out almost 30 million in one year, Nash is not going to turn around a trade him to some team who then gets maybe the best D-man in the league with a nice chunk of his deal already paid out...no way, no how. He'll be there a long time...
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Holmgren is a Media Whore.

what has he done?

Traded away the key pieces to LA's cup run for bags of pucks.

he knew he was losing Pronger to injury, so he let Carle walk for nothing.
Struck out with Suter as a replacement.

Let Jagr walk for nothing.
Struck out with Parise.

Made a 'Bold Move' for Weber, struck out again (wrong timing, wrong city to lay an offer against - cap wise, they HAD to spend money to maintaing the floor- and wrong player -- 'cause who would seriously let thier captain and franchise leader stroll off to an offer sheet!?!?!)

so why does Royaldude think Holmgren is better than Gillis again?

I am GLAD that Gillis is our GM and that its not Holmgren OR Royaldude.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Madcombinepilot wrote:Holmgren is a Media Whore.

what has he done?

Traded away the key pieces to LA's cup run for bags of pucks.

he knew he was losing Pronger to injury, so he let Carle walk for nothing.
Struck out with Suter as a replacement.

Let Jagr walk for nothing.
Struck out with Parise.

Made a 'Bold Move' for Weber, struck out again (wrong timing, wrong city to lay an offer against - cap wise, they HAD to spend money to maintaing the floor- and wrong player -- 'cause who would seriously let thier captain and franchise leader stroll off to an offer sheet!?!?!)

so why does Royaldude think Holmgren is better than Gillis again?

I am GLAD that Gillis is our GM and that its not Holmgren OR Royaldude.
RD likes active and BOLD GMs. Holmgren fits the bill. He constantly makes BOLD but stupid moves.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Holmgren is a very impatient man, love it. I'm tired of the 'Process' that Gillis keeps blagging about, this totally emotionless environment he is creating here, is it no wonder that in the end, LA, Boston and Chicago beat us on emotion in our last 3 Stanley Cup drives? It's a stale environment here, Gillis needs to start rocking, slaying deals left, right and centre. light a fucking match, Mike.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau