Offseason Wheelings and Dealings

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Re: Offseason Wheelings and Dealings

Post by Hockey Widow »

Great bold move by MG. Stick that RD! :D :D
The only HW the Canucks need
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Hockey Widow wrote:Great bold move by MG. Stick that RD! :D :D
It ain't gonna get much better than that HW.

I'm just elated to have the NHL's star punching bag inked to a new contract.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Jovocop wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:We ain't gettin Kane but I still think we should trade Kesler for Benn. Might have to toss in extra's but that is the Bold Move Gillis has to make.
RD, who would be the second line centre an when you trade Kesler for Benn? :eh:
Who cares.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Tanti09
CC Veteran

Post by Tanti09 »

Strangelove wrote:
Jovocop wrote:
News1130 Sports‏@News1130Sports

Canucks reportedly avoid arbitration and re-sign forward Dale Weise on a one year deal. #canucks #nhl
So 23-year-old Weise gets his first one-way contract.

27-year-old Volpatti and 29-year-old Ebbet are on two-way contracts.

Nice cap hit for a semi-established 4th liner ($605K).

I hope Weise is taking fighting lessons over the summer....
Amen - he's needing to spend his whole summer honing his fighting skills. I like his willingness to drop the gloves and he's game for most mid to heavy weights, but what was his won-loss record last year? 1-7? I don't think that's going to put the fear in opponents when they try and take liberties with our star players...
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

There is a thread over at Hockeysfuture that says there is a rumour floating out there that a Canadian team is about to Offer Sheet Jamie Benn. Could be a bunch fluff as it always is but hey, let's play with this dream for a while now that the Weber and Schultz dreams are over....maybe this is the 'bold move'?
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

RoyalDude wrote:There is a thread over at Hockeysfuture that says there is a rumour floating out there that a Canadian team is about to Offer Sheet Jamie Benn. Could be a bunch fluff as it always is but hey, let's play with this dream for a while now that the Weber and Schultz dreams are over....maybe this is the 'bold move'?
RD I'm honestly curious, what offer sheet would you put together for Benn that you think the Stars wouldn't match?
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Aaronp18 wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:There is a thread over at Hockeysfuture that says there is a rumour floating out there that a Canadian team is about to Offer Sheet Jamie Benn. Could be a bunch fluff as it always is but hey, let's play with this dream for a while now that the Weber and Schultz dreams are over....maybe this is the 'bold move'?
RD I'm honestly curious, what offer sheet would you put together for Benn that you think the Stars wouldn't match?
A 12 year contract, 30 million the first year, remember, Aquilini and Gagliardi hate each other. I'm sure Aqua man wants to put the screws to him...like Doc said, two vancouver silver spooned wops bringing knives to a gunfight.

But hey, if we want to go 3-3 in failing to sign premiere B.C. born and bred talent, Gillis might as well.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

RoyalDude wrote: A 12 year contract, 30 million the first year
:crazy:
RoyalDude wrote: like Doc said, two vancouver silver spooned wops bringing knives to a gunfight.

Besides, y'see if the two combatants BOTH bring only knives, ah never mind...
RoyalDude wrote: But hey, if we want to go 3-3 in failing to sign premiere B.C. born and bred talent, Gillis might as well.

LOFL, crazy you-know-wots....
____
Try to focus on someday.
clem
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by clem »

Origin = Eklund. :look:

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=45767
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

Not to derail the thread but if you are within 20 or so feet bringing a knife to a gun fight is a pretty good idea. At least according to mythbusters
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

RoyalDude wrote: A 12 year contract, 30 million the first year, remember, Aquilini and Gagliardi hate each other.
Ok so what what offer sheet (that follows the rules of the current CBA) would you put together for Benn that you think the Stars wouldn't match?

And seeing as there's a feud between the wops wouldn't that mean Gagliardi would match almost anything just to spite Aquilini, so he doesn't lose out to him again??
ODB
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by ODB »

Aaronp18 wrote:
RoyalDude wrote: And seeing as there's a feud between the wops wouldn't that mean Gagliardi would match almost anything just to spite Aquilini, so he doesn't lose out to him again??
Oh boy, oh no... RD does not like that word!

Welcome to RD's shit list.... :(
BTW, NOT A FLAME ... JUST AN OBSERVATION ... :P
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

ODB wrote:
Aaronp18 wrote: And seeing as there's a feud between the wops wouldn't that mean Gagliardi would match almost anything just to spite Aquilini, so he doesn't lose out to him again??
Oh boy, oh no... RD does not like that word!

Welcome to RD's shit list.... :(
:shock:

It's like the "N" word.

When you are one your allowed to use it freely!

Ok well technically I'm a half wop but same difference.

:look:

We use it all the time in my family, y'know when we see each other for the first time in like months:

"sup my wop!"

"NICE - I see you're unbuttoning your shirt 4 down now! I hope to have the bling and the chest hair to do that one day!!"
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Aaronp18 wrote: It's like the "N" word.
EXACTLY!

You're not half bad Aaron. :wink:
____
Try to focus on someday.
vic
CC Hall of Fan Member