Nash to the Rangers.

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Nash to the Rangers.

Post by Madcombinepilot »

according to TSN....

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=401276

gotta wonder what that price tag is...
Last edited by Madcombinepilot on Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
dbr
CC Legend

Re: Nash to the Rangers -- in process

Post by dbr »

Right now Dreger is saying it's believed the BJs will get four assets back and right now it seems Brandon Dubinsky, Tim Erixon and a first round pick are among them.

(How about that eh, Erixon holds out to sign specifically with the Rangers and within a year they've dealt him to one of the few organizations in the league worse than the Flames..)

Edit: Dubinsky, Anisimov, Erixon and a 1st.
Last edited by dbr on Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Anisimov is the last piece according to McKenzie.

So Brandon Dubinsky, Tim Erixon, Artem Anisimov and a first round pick.
Boston Canucker
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Boston Canucker »

Aaronp18 wrote:Anisimov is the last piece according to McKenzie.

So Brandon Dubinsky, Tim Erixon, Artem Anisimov and a first round pick.
Rangers didn't give up anyone they really coveted. If I was a CBJ fan, I wouldn't be happy.
paddy
CC Veteran

Post by paddy »

So some expectations around here better start getting lowered because if thats all Scott Howsen got for Rick Nash that doesn't bode well for a substainal Bobby Lou HAUL... :mex:
whether you like it or don't like it learn to live with it because its the best thing going today...
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

paddy wrote:So some expectations around here better start getting lowered because if thats all Scott Howsen got for Rick Nash that doesn't bode well for a substainal Bobby Lou HAUL... :mex:
I don't think Mike Gillis wants the same type of return as Scott Howson wanted (a handful of players and picks to flesh out his atrocious organizational depth).

Personally I want the Luongo return to focus prominently on a single player - Dave Bolland, Kris Versteeg, etc - and if there are picks and prospects coming along that's great.

But yeah a substantial "haul" was probably never in the cards.
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

I don't agree, Dubinsky was a huge piece of that team.

He had a low-scoring year last year, but then - so did the entire team. I'm pretty sure every player on the Rangers saw their offensive production slide last year from 2010/11.

I think this deal sets back the Rangers. They seriously struggled to score last year, and giving up most of your second line for a first-line forward is a big gamble if you're trying to score more goals.

Rags now have $22 million cap hit for their top line...wow. Still have a ton of cap space, but there's a lot of RFAs coming up after this year.
wafflecombine
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by wafflecombine »

Quite the trade. I am not sure if CBJ really got what they needed but if nash was going to be a locker room problem then maybe this was the best of a crap situation.

We will do fine on Lou. If not, we still have the best tandem in the league. Man that sucks.... :shock:
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

Not quite the home-run package I think Howson was hoping for, but it's a respectable return. Dubinsky has character and can put them in the net. Anisimov may yet turn out to be a quality 2nd liner. Erixon and a 1st, not bad as far as prospects go. There's no replacing a player like Nash, but this sets them up well. Consider what Edmonton got for Pronger.

I wonder if this is finally the domino that starts the others going...

If Gillis gets a quality top-6 forward and either a couple of 1-A/1-B and a high pick, that would be more than enough. That is, if Doan ends up signing in Vancouver.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

The Rangers still have the cap space to add Doan. I think they will pursue him hard now that they have Nash. They may be able to offer him a good shot at a cup and he may just get over his aversion to large cities long enough to do a 3-4 year stint in the Big Apple. I think NYR jumped to the top of Doan's list with LA a close second.
The only HW the Canucks need
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Don't listen to HW right here.;)

PLUS Doan hopefully won't play in that big ass city, at least Vancouver is semi livable close by for town country folks.
He has 200 horses for fuck sakes, what is going to slaughter em for NYC?? lol I don't think so.

Kamloops family, our ace in the hole.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

dbr wrote: I don't think Mike Gillis wants the same type of return as Scott Howson wanted (a handful of players and picks to flesh out his atrocious organizational depth).
ESQ wrote: I don't agree, Dubinsky was a huge piece of that team.

He had a low-scoring year last year, but then - so did the entire team. I'm pretty sure every player on the Rangers saw their offensive production slide last year from 2010/11.
Dubinsky is golden, a solid 2nd line C/LW who does it all.

Anisimov is a solid 3rd line C/LW with upside.

21-year-old Erixon is projected to be a top 4 dee eventually.

That's 3 good young players, plus a 1st. No doubt Howson could've got more if Nash had not demanded a trade to a limited number of teams. Rick Nash is a great player but he comes with a cap-hit of $7.8mil for 6 more years (til he's 34). However, he'll be a physical point-per-gamer in NY for most of that time imo.

Nice job by Sather but it's pretty easy when a big star forward choo-choo-chooses you!

Howson loses the trade value-wise but, given the position he was in, he did alright I suppose.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Hockey Widow wrote:The Rangers still have the cap space to add Doan. I think they will pursue him hard now that they have Nash. They may be able to offer him a good shot at a cup and he may just get over his aversion to large cities long enough to do a 3-4 year stint in the Big Apple. I think NYR jumped to the top of Doan's list with LA a close second.
They can persue him but will Shane choo-choo-choose them??

NY = Sin City
LA = Sin City
____
Try to focus on someday.
clem
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by clem »

Sather held his ground on not giving up the Rags young stars (Chris Kreider, Ryan McDonagh or Derek Stepan). Howson looks to have finally buckled.
Potatoe1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Potatoe1 »

I can't believe how much cap space the Rangers have.....

I know Slats has made a few bad moves over the years but right now he has a very good team, lots of cap space, and a number of very good young players.

Things are looking quite good so now the writing is on the wall to give Shane Doan an absolutely crazy offer. You know Slats just cant help himself....