So what color was Jesus?

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

So what color was Jesus?

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Some very interesting debate out there that the middle easterner/African Jesus was more black than the white, anglo saxon bearded californian hippie that white Americans concocted in their image. This BBC story titled 'So What Color Was Jesus' is quite interesting - http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/3958241.stm
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
ODB
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: So what color was Jesus?

Post by ODB »

My guess would be somewhere in the middle? Not white but also not black. Sort of a half breed looking deal. An Italian looking guy?

Yep, I'm gonna go with a Pauly D looking dude, cept this Pauly D looking dude walked on water instead of being a grease ball!

:thumbs:
BTW, NOT A FLAME ... JUST AN OBSERVATION ... :P
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Well, ODB...your geography is a little off. Jesus the Nazarine was from the Middle East with african ancestry, Nigerian to be precise. The general consensus from religious historians was that he would have been a cross between a middle easterner and an african. Basically, the white bearded californian hippie, ie Jim Morrison from the Doors, image that the anglo saxon christians created is false. I hate to the say the word, but most anglo-saxon neo-nazi whitey's refer to the middle eastener african as a Sandn****r.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
ODB
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by ODB »

I didn't mean I think he was Italian, though 87.8% of religious Italians are Catholics. I'm referring to the color I think Jesus was. Italians aren't neo-nazi white (although they did join and fight along side the Nazi's in WW2). They're more of a dirty off white...
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

lol if Jesus was black.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

SKYO wrote:lol if Jesus was black.
It's no laughing matter to whitey christian, SKYO.
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Who cares as long as he convinces Doan to sign in Vancouver?

:towel:
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Aaronp18 wrote:Who cares as long as he convinces Doan to sign in Vancouver?

:towel:
#TRUTH

A18 for FTW
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

From the article:
As light-hearted evidence that Jesus was black, it adds that he "called everybody 'brother', liked Gospel, and couldn't get a fair trial".
:D
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

The Holy Spook
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Kind of explains why north american christian whitey's are so racist and hate the African Americans and Jews. Jesus is an African Jew. It's like some sort of denial thing, displaced aggression.
ODB
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by ODB »

RoyalDude wrote:Kind of explains why north american christian whitey's are so racist and hate the African Americans and Jews. Jesus is an African Jew. It's like some sort of denial thing, displaced aggression.
OMG! :lol:

You so suck at whatever it is you're trying to accomplish here...
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

ODB wrote:I didn't mean I think he was Italian, though 87.8% of religious Italians are Catholics. I'm referring to the color I think Jesus was. Italians aren't neo-nazi white (although they did join and fight along side the Nazi's in WW2). They're more of a dirty off white...
Italy is a long and diverse country.
A lot of people in northern Italy, eg Milano, could pass for German or Austrian, while most people on Sicily look like Arabs.
I take it you think he looked like a Sicilian.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

ODB wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:Kind of explains why north american christian whitey's are so racist and hate the African Americans and Jews. Jesus is an African Jew. It's like some sort of denial thing, displaced aggression.
OMG! :lol:

You so suck at whatever it is you're trying to accomplish here...
I'm trying to fuel the fires of debate over this hot button issue. This heavenly cloud of mystery surrounding Jesus and his color. What's wrong with that?

My personal opinion, knowing the kinds of peoples that make up the middle east, right next door to Africa...I would assume that Jesus was not your everyday longhaired, bearded White Hippie from California resembling Jim Morrison like the dude in Jesus Chris Superstar but more like and African Jew. I don't think you would find many people of that style and color in the middle east back then.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

RoyalDude wrote: So what color was Jesus?
Like omg SUCH a racist question!! :shock:

If there's one thing worse than a racist, it's a you-know-wot racist! :lol:

So: a bigot AND a racist AND a you-know-wot... good thing you’re easy-going at least! Image
____
Try to focus on someday.