Summer Movies...what are you gonna see?

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Re: Summer Movies...what are you gonna see?

Postby ODB » Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:38 pm

I wont see it until next Wednesday!
BTW, NOT A FLAME ... JUST AN OBSERVATION ... :P
User avatar
ODB
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1167
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2004 2:13 pm

Re: Summer Movies...what are you gonna see?

Postby SKYO » Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:58 pm

Yeah that's fucked up in Aurora.
r.i.p.


And James Holmes
Image
even booby trapped his place to murk more people when they came to his place. smh

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2012/07/suspect_in_colo_batman_shootin.html
User avatar
SKYO
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3642
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Re: Summer Movies...what are you gonna see?

Postby SKYO » Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:59 pm

Back to the topic at hand.

wowo I'm tired from the Batman midnight screening movie last night, it's 3 hours long, but it was DAMN good movie.

Good plot & storyline continuation from last movie, good acting, action, Anne Hathoway pulled it off. *didn't think should could*

Couple spots were tear jerker's lol as the entire sold out movie theatre went dead silent for a coupla minutes, while everyone holding in their emotions!
User avatar
SKYO
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3642
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Re: Summer Movies...what are you gonna see?

Postby Aaronp18 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:19 pm



Those hurt included a 4-month-old baby, who was treated at a hospital and released.


:mad:

WTF, who in their right mind takes a 4 month old to a midnight showing of the Dark Knight Rises? Or any movie for that matter!!
User avatar
Aaronp18
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1813
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:36 pm

Re: Summer Movies...what are you gonna see?

Postby BladesofSteel » Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:26 pm

The shooting in the theater took place 12 miles from Columbine High School.

Violence breeds violence.
The grass is always greener
BladesofSteel
CC 1st Team All-Star
 
Posts: 858
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:29 pm
Location: Lower left-hand corner

Re: Summer Movies...what are you gonna see?

Postby SKYO » Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:39 am

Aaronp18 wrote: :mad:

WTF, who in their right mind takes a 4 month old to a midnight showing of the Dark Knight Rises? Or any movie for that matter!!


Glad the 4 month old lived, even still a 6 year old? at a midnight screening that lasts till past 3am??

As the 6 year daughter passed away in the shooting.

I couldn't imagine that, as I have a 5 year old :cry:

The father flew in from NY and was held in custody as he just knew about it of his 6 year old daughter dying for nothing from a crazy white dude.
User avatar
SKYO
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3642
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Re: Summer Movies...what are you gonna see?

Postby Arachnid » Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:26 am

BladesofSteel wrote:The shooting in the theater took place 12 miles from Columbine High School.

Violence breeds violence.


Seriously? You think Columbine did this? America's porn is violence. Gun violence in particular. Comics like Batman and movies and video games for that matter...guns guns guns....the right to bare arms....blah fucking blah....bullets for small dicked morons. I'm a hunter, I'm an excellent trained marksman but sure as hell don't need to carry around, see them shot or shoot a gun all the time (virtually or in defence of my 'hood).

Porn should be porn :evil:

The violence of America influences the crazies and the cowards out there.
There is no such thing as climate change...there is no such thing as climate change...there is such thing as climate change...
Arachnid
CC Legend
 
Posts: 5224
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:56 pm
Location: Old Berlin

Re: Summer Movies...what are you gonna see?

Postby BladesofSteel » Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:11 am

Arachnid wrote:
BladesofSteel wrote:The shooting in the theater took place 12 miles from Columbine High School.

Violence breeds violence.


Seriously? You think Columbine did this?

The violence of America influences the crazies and the cowards out there.

I was just simply stating two facts.

While its incredibly sad for this community to have to go through not one, but two horrible tragedies. One can't help but think how this 11 year-old at the time of Columbine was affected by such unprovoked terror and if it somehow contributed to the eerily similar premeditated mass slaughter he performed Thursday night.

I'm not looking to get into a debate over which video games provoke what, or how violent movies create violent people. The fact is, exposure to violence can desensitize any human being, but there is a fractional percentage of the population out there that suffer from anti-social/psychotic illness and such violent experiences aren't exactly an effective method of treatment.

Butwuddayado? :(
The grass is always greener
BladesofSteel
CC 1st Team All-Star
 
Posts: 858
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:29 pm
Location: Lower left-hand corner

Re: Summer Movies...what are you gonna see?

Postby SKYO » Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:21 am

Middle East is laughing at this, as they go through this shit everyday.
Syria, Libya etc.

People go psycho no matter what, all through the ages it was prevalent, just we have social media now, where anything/news can fly to end of the world in 20 seconds.

This shit now at least can be dealt with, dude hopefully gets raped then killed, but because of such a high profile case, he'll stay in isolation (Which is DAMN SHAME)

Fucker will be on death row for 20 years.

I hate the law sometimes, people around the world especially inside, murk this fool.
User avatar
SKYO
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3642
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Re: Summer Movies...what are you gonna see?

Postby SKYO » Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:36 am

Should be really planned, cut him so he goes to the hospital, get some workers to get him, slice his head off and burn it to crisp.

:thumbs:
User avatar
SKYO
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3642
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Re: Summer Movies...what are you gonna see?

Postby Arachnid » Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:40 am

BladesofSteel wrote:
Arachnid wrote:
BladesofSteel wrote:The shooting in the theater took place 12 miles from Columbine High School.

Violence breeds violence.


Seriously? You think Columbine did this?

The violence of America influences the crazies and the cowards out there.

I was just simply stating two facts.

While its incredibly sad for this community to have to go through not one, but two horrible tragedies. One can't help but think how this 11 year-old at the time of Columbine was affected by such unprovoked terror and if it somehow contributed to the eerily similar premeditated mass slaughter he performed Thursday night.

I'm not looking to get into a debate over which video games provoke what, or how violent movies create violent people. The fact is, exposure to violence can desensitize any human being, but there is a fractional percentage of the population out there that suffer from anti-social/psychotic illness and such violent experiences aren't exactly an effective method of treatment.

Butwuddayado? :(


He called himself 'the joker' what the fuck does it have to do with a high school slaughter? He was clearly influenced by comic book pop culture.
Violence begets violence, live or entertain by the sword I guess you risk dying by it...why be surprised?

Doesn't matter it is fictional...it glorifies it. Whether it be vigilante justice, criminal mastermind...not about desensitized either or psychotic people, sane people will shoot another person if they feel justified.....if we allow it as a society....

And you are yeller if you don't debate video game -bubble gum violence....it's not the reason this happens, it's only one part of the problem...
There is no such thing as climate change...there is no such thing as climate change...there is such thing as climate change...
Arachnid
CC Legend
 
Posts: 5224
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:56 pm
Location: Old Berlin

Re: Summer Movies...what are you gonna see?

Postby SKYO » Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:49 am

All I want is someone on the inside of jail where James Holmes is go hardcore on bath salts with him in the same cell.
Is that too much to ask??? I don't think so. (EAT HIS FACE OFF)

I mean the police everywhere let a lot of crap go everywhere else similar.
Last edited by SKYO on Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
SKYO
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3642
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Re: Summer Movies...what are you gonna see?

Postby ODB » Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:53 am

Arachnid wrote:
He called himself 'the joker' what the fuck does it have to do with a high school slaughter? He was clearly influenced by comic book pop culture.
Violence begets violence, live or entertain by the sword I guess you risk dying by it...why be surprised?

Doesn't matter it is fictional...it glorifies it. Whether it be vigilante justice, criminal mastermind...not about desensitized either or psychotic people, sane people will shoot another person if they feel justified.....if we allow it as a society....

And you are yeller if you don't debate video game -bubble gum violence....it's not the reason this happens, it's only one part of the problem...


Don't agree... A billion people are exposed to the media/video games/movie/television a year. Do the math and you'll see you gotta be a fucking whacko to call yourself the Joker and shoot up a theater.

Access to the weapons, body armor, ammunition and tear gas is another argument. In Colorado I can legally purchase a semi-automatic AR-15 assault rifle, hundred round clips and thousands of rounds of ammunition but I go to jail if I buy three grams of marijuana. That is retarded!
Last edited by ODB on Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
BTW, NOT A FLAME ... JUST AN OBSERVATION ... :P
User avatar
ODB
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1167
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2004 2:13 pm

Re: Summer Movies...what are you gonna see?

Postby ODB » Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:54 am

SKYO wrote:All I want is someone on the inside of jail where James Holmes is go hardcore on bath salts with him in the same cell.
Is that too much to ask??? I don't think so. (EAT HIS FACE OFF)

I mean the police everywhere let a lot of crap go everywhere else similar.

Clearly you have watched too many violent movies!!!
BTW, NOT A FLAME ... JUST AN OBSERVATION ... :P
User avatar
ODB
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1167
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2004 2:13 pm

Re: Summer Movies...what are you gonna see?

Postby SKYO » Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:11 am

ODB wrote:
SKYO wrote:All I want is someone on the inside of jail where James Holmes is go hardcore on bath salts with him in the same cell.
Is that too much to ask??? I don't think so. (EAT HIS FACE OFF)

I mean the police everywhere let a lot of crap go everywhere else similar.

Clearly you have watched too many violent movies!!!


I hate horror movies actually, but watched enough with my ol' exgf's.

I like thriller movies actually, but not the spiritual psycho crazy shit.

'One of these is not the same'
User avatar
SKYO
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3642
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:34 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Creeper's Bar & Grill

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 1 guest