Muzac For Munsters

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Arachnid
CC Legend

Re: Muzac For Munsters

Post by Arachnid »

Wildfaery wrote:
Arachnid wrote:
Topper wrote:Where would rap music be today if "nigger" didn't rhyme with "nigger"?
or wigger :|
boyz clearly ya'll neva lived in the hood...it's nigga
Namaste,pronunciationiseverythingWF
Wigga rhymes with Wicca?! :P

My hood is extremely whitey, no asians, blacks or south east asians allowed :eh:

Very droll my dear.... :(
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Maybe fairy (good) hockey players aren't the only thing Scandinavia exports...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2eNb43kA00
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

Speaking of Scandinavia, they maybe have the best rock'n roll bands ever...totally underrated.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIWyrDMF ... re=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvR4PeSUhIw

Pretty devilish...

And here's the Canadians :twisted: I'm in the vid 2 times..... :lol: holy shit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjpI_Krw7AU
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Arachnid wrote:I'm feel'n Woody today....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGxZH9fQ ... r_embedded
Nice, love me some Guthrie. Yo Spidey, you ever pick up the Mermaid Ave. album that Wilco made with Billy Bragg? They put music to some of Woody's lyrics that were never put to music. Pretty cool. They made two albums. Jeff Tweedy of Wilco, his old band mate from Uncle Tupelo Jay Farrar now of Son Volt just put out a Guthrie tribute album called New Multitudes. Pretty cool. Has Jim James of My Morning Jacket, Will Johnson of Centro-Matic/South San Gabriel and Anders Parker. You should check it out. This is Chorine sung by Will Johnson - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaQcQD5s2qw

here is one sung by Jay Farrar of Son Volt - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0s9kuUVsm4
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Commie propaganda.

As for Tweedy, what kind of whack job is this clown anyways. How many band mates does he churn through because he's a nut bar.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Topper wrote:Commie propaganda.

As for Tweedy, what kind of whack job is this clown anyways. How many band mates does he churn through because he's a nut bar.
I'm a fan of Tweedy. Not sure what you mean by churning out bandmates. He gets a bad rap, but if he wasn't so demanding he wouldn't be making great albums like has been for the last decade and a half. His first band Uncle Tupelo was formed with his high school buddy Jay Farrar. They split up, Jay formed Son Volt in which they went on to make what I consider the best alt-country album of all time - Trace and Tweedy went on to form Wilco making their first album AM, my least favorite Wilco album. Jeff has worked on few side projects here and there outside of Wilco, produced albums for other artists, done a lot of solo tours. He's had a few guys come and go in the band, most notably Jay Bennett RIP who was once considered his right hand man before the much publicized break up during the making of Yankee Hotel Foxtrot. But his current line-up has been the same over the last 3 albums. Jeff's bassist has been there right from the beginning, post Uncle Tupelo. The wife and I caught their show at the Orpheum back in Feb. Great show. Talented musicians.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Hoss
CC Rookie

Post by Hoss »

Hey alt-country old farts, you might like the some of the sounds my buds in the Baltic Cousins make, check it out.

http://balticcousins.bandcamp.com/album ... hell-of-us

They have a new album out I believe as well, this one is a bit older.
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

Hey Hoss.

Went away for a few days of golf and debaauchery and uploaded a few old cd's to the iPod prior to departure.

Listened to Sandinista on the way there and the way back.

Been a long time since I listened to it (probably not even in this millenium).

Forgot how much I liked it.

Strummer and Jones.

Mint.
DeLevering since 1999.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

donlever wrote:Listened to Sandinista on the way there and the way back.

Strummer and Jones.

Mint.
Truly an underrated and (near) forgotten classic. When it came out, I think that it surprised a lot of people, musically and for the pretentiousness of a triple album from a 'punk' band. I don't know if you listened to Strummer's later work with the Mescaleros, but there's some great music there, too.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

:rockin: :rockin: :rockin:
donlever wrote:Hey Hoss.

Went away for a few days of golf and debaauchery and uploaded a few old cd's to the iPod prior to departure.

Listened to Sandinista on the way there and the way back.

Strummer and Jones.

Mint.
:rockin: :rockin: :rockin:

When I spent that year in Iowa every one was listening to AC/DC, REO Speedwagon and Loverboy. :?

I bought London Calling and gave it to the guy in my host family, to bring him up to date, but I don't really got the impression that he fully appreciated its superiority to his regular fare.

Didn't really seem like punk rock was very popular in the mid west in the early 80's. Weird.

Anyway, i've been using Madness's One Step Beyond as ring tone for a while but just recently switched. People at work seemed to get thrown when my pocket suddenly would start yelling "Hey, you! Don't watch that...!" :lol:

Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Per wrote: Didn't really seem like punk rock was very popular in the mid west in the early 80's. Weird.
... or Surrey...
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

I remember when silly fads used to one day... you know... END.
____
Try to focus on someday.
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

..u mean like goddamn hockey talk message boards?
DeLevering since 1999.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

... well there's fads and then there's addictions. :look:
____
Try to focus on someday.