Callicles..who is he?

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Callicles..who is he?

Post by rats19 »

Level headed long time lurker?
Another long time board member from elsewhere?
Re-incarnation of another?

Appears to have good sense and board savvy..just asking :D
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: Callicles..who is he?

Post by Chef Boi RD »

All I know is that he's cruising for a bruising. I disagree with everything he has said so far, it's like he agreed to all the pre-requisits to becoming a member here before signing up - 'Must Love Gillis, Must Love Gillis, Must Love Gillis'
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

RoyalDude wrote:All I know is that he's cruising for a bruising. I disagree with everything he has said so far, it's like he agreed to all the pre-requisits to becoming a member here before signing up - 'Must Love Gillis, Must Love Gillis, Must Love Gillis'
...and I have no idea how you got in! :D
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

RoyalDude wrote:All I know is that he's cruising for a bruising. I disagree with everything he has said so far, it's like he agreed to all the pre-requisits to becoming a member here before signing up - 'Must Love Gillis, Must Love Gillis, Must Love Gillis'
Hillary us dude..... :wink:
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Callicles...feel free to bring on a socrateslike information session... :roll:
Callicles
AHL Prospect

Post by Callicles »

I was trying to determine if it is bad form for me to post in this particular thread. Is it perhaps more polite to just lurk? Must be a slow news day...
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Callicles wrote:I was trying to determine if it is bad form for me to post in this particular thread. Is it perhaps more polite to just lurk? Must be a slow news day...
well, you may or may not know me...but i do this shit... i started the thread in mocking fashion to the Gillis who is he thread...But after reading your posts they were to...to...well....good for you to be a noob so i just trying to dig up your history..where you came from etc... yah its your thread post away.
Callicles
AHL Prospect

Post by Callicles »

I noted the parallel between this and the Gillis thread. I thought that I should begin to praise Gillis' wisdom, wit, charm and good looks in the hope that the parallel would follow and I'd instantly be thought of in those terms.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

we all earn our keep..so to speak..good start from my perspective. But I do note a dastardly evasion tactic being employed with regards to history...:)
Callicles
AHL Prospect

Post by Callicles »

Evasion tactic, I don't know what you...Hey is that Alek Stojanov over there? :wow: I need an autograph....
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Callicles wrote:Evasion tactic, I don't know what you...Hey is that Alek Stojanov over there? :wow: I need an autograph....
Fess up....
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Callicles wrote:Evasion tactic, I don't know what you...Hey is that Alek Stojanov over there? :wow: I need an autograph....
I Saw What You Did, And I Know Who You Are!
____
Try to focus on someday.
Callicles
AHL Prospect

Post by Callicles »

Strangelove wrote:
If you saw ME, then you missed an excellent opportunity to meet and greet the infamous Alek Stojanov.

The only place anybody might 'know' me from is the Canucks.com board. I frequented that board some time ago, but haven't spent much time there of late.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Callicles wrote:
Strangelove wrote:
If you saw ME, then you missed an excellent opportunity to meet and greet the infamous Alek Stojanov.

The only place anybody might 'know' me from is the Canucks.com board. I frequented that board some time ago, but haven't spent much time there of late.
thats it??? i was hoping for more...but i still think you post well and know the tricks of the trade .
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

rats19 wrote:thats it??? i was hoping for more...but i still think you post well and know the tricks of the trade .
Ratski I know who he is. :D

I'll PM the answer to you if you prominse not to post it!
____
Try to focus on someday.