Any one use Spotify

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Fred
CC Legend

Any one use Spotify

Post by Fred »

If so how did you install it and was it worth the trouble ?
cheers
Per
MVP
MVP

Re: Any one use Spotify

Post by Per »

Of course! Been using it for years.
No need to upload or download anything anymore. All the music, all the time, just there.

Any one not using spotify? :o

Uhm, don't really remember exactly how I installed it. Back then you needed an invite, kind of like with gmail when it was new. So I guess I needed to tap in the code of the invite or something. Should just be a regular install these days though, right?
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Oops! Guess it's not available in Canada unless you do some workaround.

Here's a couple of links:

http://www.start-vpn.com/blog/2012/04/0 ... n-service/

http://www.thereviewcrew.com/news/how-t ... in-canada/
Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

Thks Per, my son was showing me it, he's in UK, look great
cheers
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Fred wrote:Thks Per, my son was showing me it, he's in UK, look great
Hey! If he's in England and using it, you're all set! Just upload the software and use his account!
Assuming of course that he's OK with that, but you can install the software and use the same account on any number of computers, cell phones, ipads, whatever.

The only problem is if you both listen to it at the same time, then you may get an error message that the account is currently used elsewhere, but with the time difference between Canada and the UK that should be a minor problem! 8-)
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

I just use what'cd

every friggin' album/cd ever made is on there, from flac to mp3.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

Per wrote:
Fred wrote:Thks Per, my son was showing me it, he's in UK, look great
Hey! If he's in England and using it, you're all set! Just upload the software and use his account!
Assuming of course that he's OK with that, but you can install the software and use the same account on any number of computers, cell phones, ipads, whatever.

The only problem is if you both listen to it at the same time, then you may get an error message that the account is currently used elsewhere, but with the time difference between Canada and the UK that should be a minor problem! 8-)
So if I get this straight I can download direct from his laptop to my external hard drive say and use in Canada ??????

Appreciate your info thks
cheers
Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

We tried using my sons laptop to open and accou8nt but it didn't work, but I can actually use his account ( which you suggested ) and he's going to open up another account back in the UK when he returns so I can use it from here. Thanks for all your help Per
cheers
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Fred wrote:We tried using my sons laptop to open and accou8nt but it didn't work, but I can actually use his account ( which you suggested ) and he's going to open up another account back in the UK when he returns so I can use it from here. Thanks for all your help Per
Just glad I could help you! 8-)
Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

You'll never guess, my son received a message from Spotify telling him he had been using a foreign IP for to long and they would cancel his service :-) so there goes that option
cheers
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Get ReplayMediaCatcher dl any song from UTube easy peasy or get any song on the internet for that matter.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.