The Fitness/Health Thread

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Vpete
CC 2nd Team All-Star

The Fitness/Health Thread

Post by Vpete »

So I went back to the gyms tonight after a long absence.

Last 18 months have been a work/professional whirlwind of activity with a lot of traveling and 'rubber chicken' circuit. Too much drinking and good times. I looked in the mirror the other week and just said 'fuck, it's time to change'.

I had my Jarred moment.

So I hit the gym tonight. It felt odd, but good and I'm glad I went and took that first step. Time now to improve diet by eating smarter and smaller... Along with pushing the body in a good way.

So starting a thread... I'm weighing 205 now and 185 would be ideal and realistic. So enough with the Tony Robbins crap... Time to get serious about life and health and it started tonight for me.
Brick Top: Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cunt... me.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: The Fitness/Health Thread

Post by Cornuck »

Good luck, I've had a couple of those moments myself. I started the Insanity workout a while ago, but my bad knee didn't like some of the exercises.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
ODB
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by ODB »

Vpete wrote: So starting a thread... I'm weighing 205 now and 185 would be ideal and realistic. So enough with the Tony Robbins crap... Time to get serious about life and health and it started tonight for me.
I tend to go in spurts... Last winter we went to Mexico. I was pushing 200 at the end of summer. I was 170 in January when we went away. 205 to 185 is very achievable. You'll get there in no time if you stick to it. Diet diet diet... 80% of the work is done in the kitchen.
BTW, NOT A FLAME ... JUST AN OBSERVATION ... :P
Vpete
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Vpete »

Yes, Mexico. I've got two week in PV booked over Christmas and NY so there is the motivation. Diet is key, holding off all the cravings and making smarter choices. I still want to be able to enjoy liquor! That stuff is evil on diets though. :evil:
Brick Top: Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cunt... me.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Baseball and chores..I eat whatever I want...still pitch a complete game..still layout for grounders....
Only thing Is wind..I still smoke and turn triples Into doubles regularly...
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….