From Bountiful to Ponoka

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Jovocop
CC Legend

Re: From Bountiful to Ponoka

Post by Jovocop »

the Dogsalmon wrote:
BCExpat wrote:I guess JBo is on his way out (or at least it seems that way). They overpaid for Wideman, but I guess that's the price of signing free agents. I wonder what Suter is going to get?

no one is gonna take that trade...JBow blows...
Assuming that Malhotra will never regain his form, would you do a Malhotra + Ballard for JBow? However, MG would not ask Malhotra to waive his NTC.
the Dogsalmon
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by the Dogsalmon »

Jovocop wrote:
the Dogsalmon wrote:
BCExpat wrote:I guess JBo is on his way out (or at least it seems that way). They overpaid for Wideman, but I guess that's the price of signing free agents. I wonder what Suter is going to get?

Assuming that Malhotra will never regain his form, would you do a Malhotra + Ballard for JBow? However, MG would not ask Malhotra to waive his NTC.

NEVER...JBlow plays like a scared girl...a DMan that is in the running for the Ironman doesnt play the type of game we need...
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

the Dogsalmon wrote:
Jovocop wrote:
the Dogsalmon wrote:

NEVER...JBlow plays like a scared girl...a DMan that is in the running for the Ironman doesnt play the type of game we need...
MG can always give JBow a testosterone treatment. :lol:
the Dogsalmon
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by the Dogsalmon »

sustanon 250???
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

As I mentioned in the other thread when discussing the internal cap and Weber, bouwmeester is exactly the type of player Gillis WOULD NOT waive the internal cap stuff for. Quite honestly I think bouwmeester would be hard pressed to be anymore than the #4 on the blueline right now when all is said and done. I don't think he is hands down better than any of the current top 4 to be honest. Perhaps Bieksa but Bieksa has so much more snarl and a better offensive game any defensive deficiency compared to Boumeester likely makes things a wash. Edler has a much better offensive game. hamhuis and Garrison I thik are as good as Bouwmeester is defensively and likely better when you realize they aren't scared of going into the corners.

Now if Nashville would be happy in receiving Bouwmeester for a Shea Weber who wants to play in Vancouver I have a different take on such a proposal. can you imagine the howls of disappointment from the fans in Nashville when the Shea Weber replacement is Bouwmeester? Weber would throw more weight around in one game than Bouwmeester does for the entire year.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Another gem from Bountiful

http://forum.calgarypuck.com/showpost.p ... tcount=144

As a fellow Canadian I am a little concerned that the inbreds are huffing gas in record numbers. Those oilsands are vital to this country yet these fuckers seem to want to go through life high as a kite. :crazy:

Bartschi might be a nice young player but I would take all four of the Oilers young bucks over him any day of the week and it isn't even close.

I see there's a poster calling himself " Bingo Jr " .

Which one of you smartasses is that ?? :lol:
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
okcanuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by okcanuck »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Another gem from Bountiful

http://forum.calgarypuck.com/showpost.p ... tcount=144

As a fellow Canadian I am a little concerned that the inbreds are huffing gas in record numbers. Those oilsands are vital to this country yet these fuckers seem to want to go through life high as a kite. :crazy:

Bartschi might be a nice young player but I would take all four of the Oilers young bucks over him any day of the week and it isn't even close.

I see there's a poster calling himself " Bingo Jr " .

Which one of you smartasses is that ?? :lol:
Bingo Jr is exactly what his name infers. I hear he looks a lot like one of the Sutters.
CaptainTrev
CC Veteran

Post by CaptainTrev »

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/free_age ... slavl_khl/

Soooo....does this mean the Flames don't have to pay him anymore?

:lol:
"Perhaps there is no moral to this story."

"Exactly! It's just a bunch of stuff that happened."
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

CaptainTrev wrote:http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/free_age ... slavl_khl/

Educate me. Did the Flames buy him out at some point? If so, then yes they still have to pay him.
The only HW the Canucks need
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Hockey Widow wrote:

Educate me. Did the Flames buy him out at some point? If so, then yes they still have to pay him.
The Flames paid half his salary :P as Hagman played for the Ducks last season (re-entry waivers).

But he became a UFA 10 days ago...
____
Try to focus on someday.
CaptainTrev
CC Veteran

Post by CaptainTrev »

Hockey Widow wrote:

I believe the Ducks took him on re-entry waivers.

No idea really, I was just taking a cheap shot at the mongoloids. :mrgreen:
"Perhaps there is no moral to this story."

"Exactly! It's just a bunch of stuff that happened."
surreal78

Post by surreal78 »

CaptainTrev wrote:No idea really, I was just taking a cheap shot at the mongoloids. :mrgreen:
Hey now, I'm pretty sure the Dude isn't even reading this thread. :D
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

So the Flames players have all decided to drop out of the Flames annual charity golf game citing CBA meetings in New York this weekend. The problem is that they're all not going to NY this weekend. No one on the leadership group has made a public comment and the situation is receiving a ton of bad press. And low and behold the critters on CowPuke get it. They are pretty steamed at the players right now for pulling this stunt and are particularity pissed at Iginla for his silence on the issue.

Of course the losers are the charity holders who depend upon this event each year to raise a significant amount of cash. Seems to me some players are going about the PR war the wrong way.
The only HW the Canucks need
Benjo
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Benjo »

That's pretty sad considering a good majority of the Canucks can manage to attend their organizations annual golf tourney, including Luongo who had to fly from Florida where he was doing skating sessions.
$lacker
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by $lacker »

Eric Francis ‏@EricFrancis
Flames players still in town will now play in charity golf tourney. The heat got to them and they're doing right thing.