Semin

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

SKYO
MVP
MVP

Re: Semin

Post by SKYO »

Didn't know about this.
NHLGossip
Alexander Semin: People who doubt his defensive ability need to look at his stats, he lead Caps in takeaways, plus top 5 in +/- past 4 yrs
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
CFP!
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by CFP! »

SKYO wrote:Didn't know about this.
NHLGossip
Alexander Semin: People who doubt his defensive ability need to look at his stats, he lead Caps in takeaways, plus top 5 in +/- past 4 yrs

Have a look who those other four are. Three would be Canucks IIRC.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

After that display of girl punches Semin was throwing in that infamous fight a few years back there is no way I would welcome his addition to this franchise, home to players like Curt Fraser, Tiger Williams, Gino Odjick, Gerald Diduck, Ron Delorme, Orland Kurtenbach. Those sissy punches were a shameful sight to a rough and tumble game.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

But we're not paying him to fight. *LOL*

RoyalDude wrote:After that display of girl punches Semin was throwing in that infamous fight a few years back there is no way I would welcome his addition to this franchise, home to players like Curt Fraser, Tiger Williams, Gino Odjick, Gerald Diduck, Ron Delorme, Orland Kurtenbach. Those sissy punches were a shameful sight to a rough and tumble game.
surreal78

Post by surreal78 »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote:But we're not paying him to fight. *LOL*

RoyalDude wrote:After that display of girl punches Semin was throwing in that infamous fight a few years back there is no way I would welcome his addition to this franchise, home to players like Curt Fraser, Tiger Williams, Gino Odjick, Gerald Diduck, Ron Delorme, Orland Kurtenbach. Those sissy punches were a shameful sight to a rough and tumble game.
ROFL... Had never seen that clip. My wife hits harder than that. :o

Damn. Not sure I could ever respect the guy after that, lol.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Could you imagine Tiger Williams sitting at home in North Vancouver on the couch drinking his beers watching that fight and thinking, "I love that guy, would love him in a Canuck uni".
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
surreal78

Post by surreal78 »

RoyalDude wrote:Could you imagine Tiger Williams sitting at home in North Vancouver on the couch drinking his beers watching that fight and thinking, "I love that guy, would love him in a Canuck uni".
Yeah... the "we don't pay him to fight" excuse only goes so far, lol.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

thats embarrassing to..well...man! :oops:
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
the Dogsalmon
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by the Dogsalmon »

he should have bumfucked him instead...what a pansy...
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

I think Semin will go to a team who were gung-ho on trying to get Parise, Pens, Wings, NJ being the front runners.
Semin will probably get 50/60 goals playing with Crosby/Malkin or Datsyuk or Kovalchuck.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Zamboni Driver
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Zamboni Driver »

Yeah and the players you mention have a grand total of how many stanley cups in Vancouver?
Oh yeah, zero....

How did Gretzky do in fights against Odjick, Probert, or Kordic?

Oh yeah..... Gretzky didn't drop the gloves with the goons, that was McSorley's job

It's nowhere as embarrassing compared to Sedin getting poked in the face by Jumbo Joe or as a punching bag for the Rat Marchand - at least Semin throws some punches. (even if he sucked at it :mrgreen: )

If you have a quality center like Semin who can make plays that score goals, and have some toughness on the ice like Kassian or Garrison
surreal78

Post by surreal78 »

Mondi wrote:Semin not a centre.

Semin a head case, pansy with minimal desire.

No thanks.
Dunno about being a headcase, but he definitely has major issues in the room (acknowledged) and is not a centre.

Either way, I'm sure everyone can agree he has significant talent... the overarching question is whether the cost & talent outweigh his other issues, if dealing with reasonable (1-2 yr) term.

It sounds like he's getting 3-4 year offers from DET & PIT, so it may be a moot point.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Zamboni Driver wrote: Yeah and the players you mention have a grand total of how many stanley cups in Vancouver?
Oh yeah, zero....

Oh yeah..... Gretzky didn't drop the gloves with the goons, that was McSorley's job

It's nowhere as embarrassing compared to Sedin getting poked in the face by Jumbo Joe or as a punching bag for the Rat Marchand - at least Semin throws some punches. (even if he sucked at it :mrgreen: )

If you have a quality center like Semin who can make plays that score goals, and have some toughness on the ice like Kassian or Garrison
I didn't know that Semin has won Stanley Cups, sorry, me bad.

He's as good as Gretzky? Is that why he isn't signed yet? He must have a ton of lucrative offers on the table like Parise and Suter which might explain why he hasn't signed with anyone yet. I wonder why the Capitals are cutting him loose? Ya think it might have something to do with the actual fact that he is highly emotional and a complete oddball in the dressing room? Forget about his skill set, he has to get along with his teammates more importantly without being such a high maintenance primadonna headcase.

If you have issues with the likes of Marchand, Thornton, Dustin Brown and Duncan Keith kicking sand in the faces of the Sedins making them their bitches without any push back why in the hell would you want a pansy like Alexander 'Catfight' Semin to the lineup?

BTW, Semin is not a centre and Garrison not a 'tough guy'.
CaptainTrev
CC Veteran

Post by CaptainTrev »

Zamboni Driver wrote:
Yeah and the players you mention have a grand total of how many stanley cups in Vancouver?
Oh yeah, zero....

Not particularly interested in Semin, but that's just because of what we've all heard about his attitude.

However IMO trying to "toughen up" this current incarnation of the Canucks' core is a fool's errand.

The Sedins will always be "soft". Burrows and Kesler are yappy floppers. Booth doesn't seem particularly inclined to be nasty, and Hansen is a midget. Edler, Tanev and Hamhuis are the pansy brigade, and from what I am reading about Garrison he's not especially belligerent.

This is not a tough team. So what? Top to bottom they've got skill coming out their asses, and the ability to slaughter other teams with a speedy, puck-posession game. When they are at their best, they impose their will on opponents by skating them out of the goddamn rink.

So why the f*ck not? Bring on Semin! Luongo for Versteeg and Kulikov? Sure! Hell, roll KB4 out on the PP for once! We could be as obscenely deep as the 2010 Blackhawks...but with a real goalie!

I want the 2012-13 Canucks to have the spirit of the "No Pahlssons Club"
"Perhaps there is no moral to this story."

"Exactly! It's just a bunch of stuff that happened."
zephyr
AHL Prospect

Post by zephyr »

You guys obviously don't watch MMA. Those blows are called Russian Hammer Fists.