Semin

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Re: Semin

Postby SKYO » Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:59 pm

Didn't know about this.
NHLGossip
Alexander Semin: People who doubt his defensive ability need to look at his stats, he lead Caps in takeaways, plus top 5 in +/- past 4 yrs
SKYO
CC Legend

Postby CFP! » Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:13 pm

SKYO wrote:Didn't know about this.
NHLGossip
Alexander Semin: People who doubt his defensive ability need to look at his stats, he lead Caps in takeaways, plus top 5 in +/- past 4 yrs

Have a look who those other four are. Three would be Canucks IIRC.
CFP!
CC 1st Team All-Star

Postby RoyalDude » Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:33 pm

After that display of girl punches Semin was throwing in that infamous fight a few years back there is no way I would welcome his addition to this franchise, home to players like Curt Fraser, Tiger Williams, Gino Odjick, Gerald Diduck, Ron Delorme, Orland Kurtenbach. Those sissy punches were a shameful sight to a rough and tumble game.
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate
RoyalDude
CC Legend

Postby Todd Bersnoozi » Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:25 pm

But we're not paying him to fight. *LOL*

RoyalDude wrote:After that display of girl punches Semin was throwing in that infamous fight a few years back there is no way I would welcome his addition to this franchise, home to players like Curt Fraser, Tiger Williams, Gino Odjick, Gerald Diduck, Ron Delorme, Orland Kurtenbach. Those sissy punches were a shameful sight to a rough and tumble game.
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby surreal78 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:36 pm

Todd Bersnoozi wrote:But we're not paying him to fight. *LOL*

RoyalDude wrote:After that display of girl punches Semin was throwing in that infamous fight a few years back there is no way I would welcome his addition to this franchise, home to players like Curt Fraser, Tiger Williams, Gino Odjick, Gerald Diduck, Ron Delorme, Orland Kurtenbach. Those sissy punches were a shameful sight to a rough and tumble game.

ROFL... Had never seen that clip. My wife hits harder than that. :o

Damn. Not sure I could ever respect the guy after that, lol.
surreal78

Postby RoyalDude » Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:40 pm

Could you imagine Tiger Williams sitting at home in North Vancouver on the couch drinking his beers watching that fight and thinking, "I love that guy, would love him in a Canuck uni".
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate
RoyalDude
CC Legend

Postby surreal78 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:40 pm

RoyalDude wrote:Could you imagine Tiger Williams sitting at home in North Vancouver on the couch drinking his beers watching that fight and thinking, "I love that guy, would love him in a Canuck uni".

Yeah... the "we don't pay him to fight" excuse only goes so far, lol.
surreal78

Postby rats19 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:58 pm

thats embarrassing to..well...man! :oops:
You are who you hang with.....
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Postby the Dogsalmon » Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:25 pm

he should have bumfucked him instead...what a pansy...
the Dogsalmon
CC 1st Team All-Star

Postby SKYO » Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:29 pm

I think Semin will go to a team who were gung-ho on trying to get Parise, Pens, Wings, NJ being the front runners.
Semin will probably get 50/60 goals playing with Crosby/Malkin or Datsyuk or Kovalchuck.
SKYO
CC Legend

Postby Zamboni Driver » Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:45 am

Yeah and the players you mention have a grand total of how many stanley cups in Vancouver?
Oh yeah, zero....

How did Gretzky do in fights against Odjick, Probert, or Kordic?

Oh yeah..... Gretzky didn't drop the gloves with the goons, that was McSorley's job

It's nowhere as embarrassing compared to Sedin getting poked in the face by Jumbo Joe or as a punching bag for the Rat Marchand - at least Semin throws some punches. (even if he sucked at it :mrgreen: )

If you have a quality center like Semin who can make plays that score goals, and have some toughness on the ice like Kassian or Garrison
Zamboni Driver
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Postby Mondi » Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:57 am

Semin not a centre.

Semin a head case, pansy with minimal desire.

No thanks.
Mondi
CC 1st Team All-Star

Postby surreal78 » Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:40 am

Mondi wrote:Semin not a centre.

Semin a head case, pansy with minimal desire.

No thanks.

Dunno about being a headcase, but he definitely has major issues in the room (acknowledged) and is not a centre.

Either way, I'm sure everyone can agree he has significant talent... the overarching question is whether the cost & talent outweigh his other issues, if dealing with reasonable (1-2 yr) term.

It sounds like he's getting 3-4 year offers from DET & PIT, so it may be a moot point.
surreal78

Postby RoyalDude » Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:42 am

Zamboni Driver wrote:Yeah and the players you mention have a grand total of how many stanley cups in Vancouver?
Oh yeah, zero....

How did Gretzky do in fights against Odjick, Probert, or Kordic?

Oh yeah..... Gretzky didn't drop the gloves with the goons, that was McSorley's job

It's nowhere as embarrassing compared to Sedin getting poked in the face by Jumbo Joe or as a punching bag for the Rat Marchand - at least Semin throws some punches. (even if he sucked at it :mrgreen: )

If you have a quality center like Semin who can make plays that score goals, and have some toughness on the ice like Kassian or Garrison

I didn't know that Semin has won Stanley Cups, sorry, me bad.

He's as good as Gretzky? Is that why he isn't signed yet? He must have a ton of lucrative offers on the table like Parise and Suter which might explain why he hasn't signed with anyone yet. I wonder why the Capitals are cutting him loose? Ya think it might have something to do with the actual fact that he is highly emotional and a complete oddball in the dressing room? Forget about his skill set, he has to get along with his teammates more importantly without being such a high maintenance primadonna headcase.

If you have issues with the likes of Marchand, Thornton, Dustin Brown and Duncan Keith kicking sand in the faces of the Sedins making them their bitches without any push back why in the hell would you want a pansy like Alexander 'Catfight' Semin to the lineup?

BTW, Semin is not a centre and Garrison not a 'tough guy'.
RoyalDude
CC Legend

Postby Mondi » Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:53 am

We've all heard the rumours about Semin, perhaps more skilled than Ovechkin but less desire.

Publicly we've all heard it. I also heard it privately from a former Capital. So...where there's smoke there is fire.

I just don't think we need any more players making 4+ million whose desire is questionable.
Mondi
CC 1st Team All-Star

PreviousNext

Return to Canucks Corner Chat