Luongo will Waive NTC If Asked To

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Re: Luongo will Waive NTC If Asked To

Post by Aaronp18 »

Wonder if GMMG will interrupt one of his hands at the WSOP to waive his NTC?
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

The hockey insider fag twittered just before the Zach/Suter announcement to congratulate Zach's agent for keeping things so quiet. A backhanded whine that he wasn't on the inside.

Fags twittering, next thing you know they'll be prancing.

Was the domino Doobie signing in Edmonton or Montoya in the Peg?
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

So apparently Luongo was on the fox this morning and came out and said he wants to be moved (ie. "its time to move on"), even talking about teams he'd want to play for.

I don't have any specifics but for those thinking the team might still trade Schneider for the best return or even start the season with both goalies.. that's probably not an option.
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

Fox as in 99.3 the???
DeLevering since 1999.
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

Yep. CFOX. Apparently Lou decided to drop some news on Vancouver's New Rock Station. :?
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

So the TEAM is right on top of things as ever then?

Did you personally hear the words or is this a few degrees of separation where the story may have been altered however slightly?
DeLevering since 1999.
clem
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by clem »

Just last spring, Luongo seemed to have learned something about patience & composure.
$lacker
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by $lacker »

donlever wrote:So the TEAM is right on top of things as ever then?

Did you personally hear the words or is this a few degrees of separation where the story may have been altered however slightly?
Iain MacIntyre ‏@imacVanSun
Not that we didn't know, but... RT@PaulHaysom_Chek Luongo on CFOX: "It's been a great 6 years, but it's time to move on"
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Sporting Vancouver retweeted someone quoting Luo saying "it's been a great six years, but it's time to move on".

So that would be a second hand tweet I guess.

Yeah that guy ^^^
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

donlever wrote:So the TEAM is right on top of things as ever then?

Definitely did not hear the words personally. Someone on twitter (@PaulHaysom_CHEK) had a specific quote of "it's been a great six years but it's time to move on" and they are on HFBoards talking about the interview like it's no big deal (with a few exceptions - Dado and the like) so I don't expect too much was said that is really news.

Here's someone's offering of a transcription:
Kickassguy wrote:He didn't give out any new info that isn't already on public record or that anyone didn't already know.

It boggles my mind to think that people consider "value" to be so volatile as to rise up and down drastically in the course of a day or two with a couple of statements.

Basically, the gist of the interview was this, in full context, not just a choice quote pulled for the sake of sensationalism like the one making the rounds on Twitter (all paraphrased, mind you):

- Could you suit up for the Canucks again in Sept? "Never say never, but it's probably time to move on."
- Has MG approached you about a trade/have you requested a trade? "No. Never asked for a trade, never been specifically asked about a trade. Came to a mutual understanding about what might be best at end of season."
- Florida? "Florida's nice, have my home there, but trades have to work on all sides. Not just what I want. What other teams want, what Canucks want."
- Chicago? "Good city. Lots of cities are desirable cities. Loved playing in Chicago."
- Have you been approached about a trade/denied any offers/destinations? "No. Not one."
- On Corey? "Great young superstar in the making. Will probably win a few Vezinas before all is said and done. Deserves everything he's got."
- Time in Vancouver? "Great 6 years, but probably time to move on. Biggest regret is not winning the Cup. You never know, it *is* possible I may still be suiting up here in September. Depends on fit. Aware that contract is limiting options/making a deal a bit more difficult but can't change that now."

Yes, it's clear he's being traded. As anyone with half a brain has figured out by now. Big surprise.
Link

I can't vouch for the veracity of any of it, of course. :look:
Last edited by dbr on Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

...well that certainly jibe with GMMG's "we're prepared to go to into next season with two goalies" mantra.

I would presume he's not to thrilled about Luo's commentary.

EDIT: Ah, that is somewhat different all things considered.
Last edited by donlever on Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
DeLevering since 1999.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Interesting tidbits from the Panthers organization.
GM Dale Tallon said he re-signed defenseman Keaton Ellerby to a one-year, one-way contract. Tallon said he still loves the ‘feet,’ of Ellerby and that it takes defenseman longer to blossom than forwards. My gut tells me that Tallon tied him up to one year to actively try to trade him due to the crowded blue line.
It’s no secret that forward Mike Santorelli is also on the block.

It’s unclear if the Panthers are trying to dump some salaries to make room for the Roberto Luongo trade as he continuously expresses his satisfaction with his trio of goalies.

Tallon made it clear that Kris Versteeg filing for salary arbitration yesterday only means that the Panthers timetable to wrap him up is a tad shorter. He reiterated that he expects Versteeg to be a Panther for a long time.

Panthers prospect Nick Bjugstad firmly denied that the Panthers had made him any contract offers or that he had turned down any (that a source told me yesterday). He will talk to his family about his decision in the coming days and hopes to decide over the next two weeks. Bjugstad has looked like a man among boys at this camp.

http://sunsent.nl/OBjXrS
I want Bjugstad in any return for Lui, as Hubredeau imo is 100% untouchable.

Versteeg going to arbitration, does that mean he can't be traded now??
If so Goc or Bergenheim make some sense as well that is included in the package blockbuster deal.

LeBrun
A source told me Friday morning that there was finally traction on the Luongo front but still nothing imminent. And my understanding is that the Panthers and Canucks have kept alive a dialogue. It’s the deal that makes the most sense, especially as I pointed out yesterday if Jose Theodore is willing to move his no-trade clause to go to Vancouver.

Luongo wants to be a Panther again, Florida can use the upgrade in goal and the Canucks can divest itself of the $53.3 million left on Luongo’s deal, although certainly for this trade ever to happen, player contracts would have to go the other way as well to make it financially viable for the Panthers.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
mpp
CC Veteran

Post by mpp »

At this point I certainly hope it's Florida for Lou. Considering opposite conferences and all the right things Luongo says, it will be nice to follow them in their quest of making back to back playoff appearance with Lou in goal.

Some random thoughts re: Florida:

- did you notice Gudbranson's and Howden's absence from the Panthers development camp? Apparently both were ill (but "nothing serious" as mentioned by Tallon). If this is a sign of things to come, I can live with no Bjugstad...

- speaking of Bjugstad, talks are ongoing between him and the Cats about his entry-level contract. I wonder if this means he's not going to be a Canuck even if Luongo winds up in Florida? It could be that Tallon holds The Trade because he wants to secure Nick's presence in the lineup this fall. Then he can part with Howden easily...

- why is Howden/Bjugstad penciled in the lineup? Weiss & Goc are important parts of the team, but Mike Santorelli (as someone already mentioned) had a rough year, was recently waived and is being shopped now. After Weiss & Goc it's Matthias and Smithson for the Cats. And Bjugstad (if he signs). And Howden. And Shore. They are pretty much guaranteed to start next season with a rookie center on 2nd-3rd line (guess it'd be 2nd for Bjugstad, 3rd for Howden).

- looking at their RW depth, it's only logical they take Mason Raymond from us. I don't see them trading for a big fish this summer & all they got now is Versteeg (not yet re-upped), Upshall, Parros, Skille + Kopecky who plays RW if needed.

- speaking of Howden and Gudbranson. Trading them away is reasonable from organizational POV. In my opinion, that is. Center and defense are Florida's positions of strength (talking about prospects). Howden is accompanied by Shore and Bjugstad (well, both are Nick's bitches, but still good prospects). Gudbranson can be more or less replaced by Kulikov, Petrovic and Robak.

Honestly? It looks so real I will be effin' disappointed if Luongo ends up in Toronto.
Eddy Punch Clock
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Eddy Punch Clock »

mpp wrote:- did you notice Gudbranson's and Howden's absence from the Panthers development camp? Apparently both were ill (but "nothing serious" as mentioned by Tallon). If this is a sign of things to come, I can live with no Bjugstad...
Ahhh, just like the old maintenance day scam. :wink:

I remember Tanev (I think it was him) taking a maintenance day or two sometime before the trade deadline and Canuck message boards lost their F'ing minds with the endless speculation.
Last edited by Eddy Punch Clock on Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
2011..... the one that got away.
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

Still don't understand why Gudbranson would even be at prospects camp in the first place given he was a full time NHLer last year.