Wild agree to terms with Suter and Parise

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: Wild agree to terms with Suter and Parise

Post by mathonwy »

dbr wrote:I'm sure the Predators would be falling all over themselves to acquire an undersized center with no two-way game to speak of at this point.
Regardless of how anyone (including me) sees Coho the hockey player right now, my opinion is that he's a more valuable trade asset right now than Zackian.

The Slugs trading away their top centerman for a 2nd/3rd line forward and a top 6 defenceman kind of implies that they also see Coho being extremely valuable as well.
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

mathonwy wrote:
dbr wrote:I'm sure the Predators would be falling all over themselves to acquire an undersized center with no two-way game to speak of at this point.
Regardless of how anyone (including me) sees Coho the hockey player right now, my opinion is that he's a more valuable trade asset right now than Zackian.

The Slugs trading away their top centerman for a 2nd/3rd line forward and a top 6 defenceman kind of implies that they also see Coho being extremely valuable as well.
Not really. It implies they see Ennis as a full time centerman and not a winger. Also that they have tired of Roy not putting the work in. In Sabre land he has a reputation of coming to camp out of shape, dogging it in practices and games etc. Roy also lambasted Ruff following the season at the locker clean out. It was either Ruff or Roy or both heading out the door. (http://www.diebytheblade.com/2012/4/9/2 ... lindy-ruff). It ended up being Roy.

On the flip side one could argue that they don't see hodgson as valuable as they drafted two centermen in the first round of the last draft. One of those guys has a pretty good chance to be in the NHL this upcoming season. Grigorenko is 6'3" and over 200 lbs and honestly is a better prospect talent wise compared to Hodgson.

All how you look at things.
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

I know better than to argue with Tant. :D
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

mathonwy wrote:I know better than to argue with Tant. :D
I actually have a very good friend in Niagara Falls who has season tickets to the Sabres. Last time we talked he mentioned that Roy was likely to be traded as soon as it was evident Ruff was sticking around.

It also puts the first round picks they made into that perspective. They knew they were moving Roy the minute they announced they were retaining Ruff...a day or two after Roy opened his mouth.

Honestly, I think right now the Sabres aren't exactly sure what to do at center. They were pleased with Ennis and his play at the end of the year at that position. There was no way they were altogether happy with how Hodgson played for them down the stretch but he was just a rookie so it's impossible to put any blame on him (and they didn't). By the same token they have to be concerned about the holes in his game they witnessed first hand and whether those holes can be filled in enough for him to be a top 6 guy on a contending team.

They seem like a franchise that is chasing it's tail to some extent.
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

tantalum wrote:
mathonwy wrote:I know better than to argue with Tant. :D
I actually have a very good friend in Niagara Falls who has season tickets to the Sabres. Last time we talked he mentioned that Roy was likely to be traded as soon as it was evident Ruff was sticking around.

It also puts the first round picks they made into that perspective. They knew they were moving Roy the minute they announced they were retaining Ruff...a day or two after Roy opened his mouth.
Let's treat your words as fact.

If that is indeed the case, then Regier really shit the bed by not swapping centers with the Stars.

Ribeiro is a bit of a rat but he's a very talented rat. And.. he got dealt for Cody Eaken and a 2012 draft pick.

If you're dealing your #1 center, logic would dictate you get a #1 center back? Or maybe a #2+ even?
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

I think they see Ennis as their #1 center next year. Hodgson's role will remain the same unless Grigorenko proves to be the better player then I don't know what it going to happen.

Ribiero has several question marks as well when it comes to attitude, effort etc.
As I said, I don't really know what the Sabres are doing or what direction they are headed in.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Mëds wrote: You gotta hope that Gillis is looking at the situation there and at least considering making a big splash for Weber. I can't see anyone else offering Poille something that would match Bieksa + Ballard + Raymond for Weber. Toss in a prospect or a pick too.
LMAO...Mëds, you've lost the plot, bro. Take your Homer Hat off and put on your Thinking Cap...28 other teams in the NHL would have no problem whatsoever beating that measly offer you tabled. You are a terrible negotiator. The response you would get for such a proposal would be somewhere along the lines of "call me back when you are ready to not insult my intelligence". Ballard and Raymond must be the deal maker here....LOL
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

I don't think Mëds is that far off. However Bieksa would have to waive to go there I believe. I think a signed Edler ( or him agreeing to sign long term there) along with Ballard and Raymond and a 2nd rounder gets it done.

Weber isn't going to lock in with them so they either deal him or lose him for nothing next summer.

From Vancouver they would receive at very worst a young #2 d-man who would be their defacto #1. Add in a 4/5 guy like Ballard who is a great skater but has been miscast here, a top 9 quick forward who can play at both end and allegedly stickhandle in a phone booth and that is solid value. Throw in Schroeder or a 2nd rounder and we are gold Jerry.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Scintillator wrote:Those who are stuck living in the past, or who are afraid of what the future _may_ bring, prevent themselves from enjoying the present, despite it being a gift.
Shit, yer like a cross between Gandalf, Dumbledore, Obi Wan Kanobi and Yoda. I haven't experienced that kind of wisdom since TAFKATTdude ran this schoolyard.

Do you Rap?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:I don't think Mëds is that far off. However Bieksa would have to waive to go there I believe. I think a signed Edler ( or him agreeing to sign long term there) along with Ballard and Raymond and a 2nd rounder gets it done.

Weber isn't going to lock in with them so they either deal him or lose him for nothing next summer.

From Vancouver they would receive at very worst a young #2 d-man who would be their defacto #1. Add in a 4/5 guy like Ballard who is a great skater but has been miscast here, a top 9 quick forward who can play at both end and allegedly stickhandle in a phone booth and that is solid value. Throw in Schroeder or a 2nd rounder and we are gold Jerry.
Blobby Home Brew, listen ya can't have yer cake and eat it to. One minute all of yas are calling Raymond the worst hockey player in the world the next minute he is good enough to be an integral piece in bringing home a Norris type defenseman. Don't even get me started on Balltard's worth. We all need to realize that in order to even capture the attention of Poile in a Weber offer, we would have to offer up an asset that we would not particularly want to give up. That seems fair don't it? I mean isn't Weber regarded as one of the best defenseman in the game? I don't think I'm out of order in suggesting that we might have to improve upon the Raymond, Ballard part of the deal.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Sigh......... Weber is gone from Smashville in less than a year. Poile knows it too. He gets two d-men that can play in his top 4-5 a 15 goal scorer who is defensively sound although buttery soft, and a prospect/pick.

You can't ask for the world when the ENTIRE fucking hockey world knows he wants out. Oh and BTW Edler is a top 20 - 25 D man in this league. You act like he's a piece of shit. Ballard was a pretty decent d-man in FLA and Phoenix.... a top pairing guy in the desert.... WTF happened here? Injuries and AV being a cunt and playing Rome ahead of him.
ODB
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by ODB »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Sigh......... Weber is gone from Smashville in less than a year.
Sorry Blob, But I'm in Rockey's (the dude abides) corner on this one. Ya'll are DREAMING if you think the best "Smashville" can get is Bieksa, Ballard and Raymond! Like RD said, 28 other teams would easily better that offer! It has nothing to do with poile needing to move Weber within a year. Teams will fucking line up to get a piece of Weber.

Our 3rd and 6th best D and 8th best Forward isn't close in value of the 2nd or 3rd best D in the game.... Period!
BTW, NOT A FLAME ... JUST AN OBSERVATION ... :P
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Ohdee i said Mëds isn't far off and I subbed in Edler for Bieksa and added a 2nd pick/Schroeder. Make it a first if you want or throw in Jensen instead of the runt /pick .

I think Philly offers one of Couturier or Schenn along with one of Simmonds / Voracek and prospects. They have more assets than Vancouver so to me that team is in the drivers seat. Not to mention Timmonen is UFA next season and Pronger is likely finished.
ODB
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by ODB »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Ohdee i said Mëds isn't far off and I subbed in Edler for Bieksa and added a 2nd pick/Schroeder. Make it a first if you want or throw in Jensen instead of the runt /pick .

I think Philly offers one of Couturier or Schenn along with one of Simmonds / Voracek and prospects. They have more assets than Vancouver so to me that team is in the drivers seat. Not to mention Timmonen is UFA next season and Pronger is likely finished.
I admit, I did not read the 2nd paragraph... my bad carry on!

Damn, i agreed with rd for nothing!!! :mrgreen:
BTW, NOT A FLAME ... JUST AN OBSERVATION ... :P
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Poile needs to start working the C&W cowgirl learnin' to ride someone without the same last name angle to keep his lineup in feed and tack.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.