Off-Season Trade Thread - Needs/Wants

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Farhan Lalji

Re: Off-Season Trade Thread - Needs/Wants

Post by Farhan Lalji »

Strangelove wrote:and sometimes the jackass eats you.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Volpatti on the 4th had me thinking who I'd really want to acquire for my forever eternal quest to have a top 4th line.

Signing Prust (LW/RW) would be a solid move ($1M-$1.5M per)

Prust Lappy Kass
Weiss Volpatti (spares)

I remember when he was playing for Calgary and he was hell to play against as he made our defense pay each shift with his non stop strong forecheck.

Prust:
ASSETS: Works hard and loves to get in the face of his opponents. Has solid defensive instincts, is an aggressive forechecker and excellent penalty killer. An outstanding team guy that leads by example, he'll rumble with anyone.
FLAWS: Won't score a lot of points at the National Hockey League level, since he lacks above-average speed and overall natural skill. Takes on all comers, so he tends to play hurt a lot.
CAREER POTENTIAL: Physical agitating defensive winger.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

It is reported that Shane Doan will test the free agent market. He'd be the perfect guy for our team and he'd make a great mentor for a guy like Kassian. If we can get rid of the contracts of Lou, Ballard, Booth, it'd really free up some money to go for this guy. I don't mind offering him like a 2 year contract @ like $6-$7 mill/per.
Diehard1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Diehard1 »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote:It is reported that Shane Doan will test the free agent market. He'd be the perfect guy for our team and he'd make a great mentor for a guy like Kassian. If we can get rid of the contracts of Lou, Ballard, Booth, it'd really free up some money to go for this guy. I don't mind offering him like a 2 year contract @ like $6-$7 mill/per.
No reason at all to get rid of contracts to pick him up, other than one of the goalies. Even if the Nucks sign Garrison for $4.5 million a season or so they still have the money to go after Doan at $5 to $6 million, depending on what else they do.

Will be interesting to see how GIllis spends his cap space this year, he's got quite a bit of it.
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

From Jason Gregor's twitter
"I just want a tryout. I'm not expecting to get a contract today. I just want to get an invite to a camp. My back feels great." Laraque
"I will want to fight everyone in preseason, and beat the shit out of anyone. I need to prove to everyone I still have it." Laraque.
Should MG give Laraque a shot? He might not be able to skate as fast as Weise but Laraque can certainly create space with his large frame.
paddy
CC Veteran

Post by paddy »

Jovocop wrote:From Jason Gregor's twitter
"I just want a tryout. I'm not expecting to get a contract today. I just want to get an invite to a camp. My back feels great." Laraque
"I will want to fight everyone in preseason, and beat the shit out of anyone. I need to prove to everyone I still have it." Laraque.
Should MG give Laraque a shot? He might not be able to skate as fast as Weise but Laraque can certainly create space with his large frame.

If you give Fedoruk a look you can give 27 a look see...
whether you like it or don't like it learn to live with it because its the best thing going today...
the Dogsalmon
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by the Dogsalmon »

Jovocop wrote:From Jason Gregor's twitter

another shot at the title...give him one Mike...
BurningBeard
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BurningBeard »

Jovocop wrote:
Should MG give Laraque a shot?
I think I need a shot...

Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

I guess working for the green party is a bit boring and the money ain't as good. :P But yeah, he's exactly the type of guy we could use in the lineup, I'd invite him to camp.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

I know this won't be popular, but what about a $2-$3mil one year offer to Oli Jokinen to fill the 2nd (while Kesler is out) then third line C role? Short term fix, low salary.

Get past the initial vomit your mouth reaction and think about it. Big guy, responsible in his own end, decent hands and shot, good in the dot. No he's not younger, but I have little confidence in Scheoder filling that spot and Manny, well Manny, I think Manny has a tougher time seeing his role than I do.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

I would assume if $2-3m was enough for Jokinen he'd still be a Flame.

He might be one of the top few centres available tomorrow, I wouldn't be overly shocked if a team gives him $4-5m with a bit of term.

Maybe the Panthers bring Ollie and Roberto back in the same off-season. Hell they could trade for Nathan Horton if they need help getting to the cap floor.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

ESQ wrote: RFA compensations -

$1,110,249 or below - No Compensation
Over $1,110,249 to $1,682,194 - 3rd round pick
Over $1,682,194 to $3,364,391 - 2nd round pick
Over $3,364,391 to $5,046,585 - 1st round pick, 3rd
Over $5,046,585 to $6,728,781 - 1st round pick, 2nd, 3rd
Over $6,728,781 To $8,410,976 - Two 1st Round Picks, 2nd, 3rd
Over $8,410,976 - Four 1st Round Picks
We all know Gillis isn't adverse to offer-sheeting players.

So here's what we do: Offer-sheet Sam Gagner, 4 year deal @ $5mil per! :thumbs:

Yes that might be overpaying him by a mil per.

22-year-old, 6th overall in 2007, 366 NHL games already, plays centre and wing.

He fills in at centre on the second line while Kesler is out and then slides over to Kess' wing when he comes back.

He's an Einstein playmaker on the rise, the perfect guy to play with Kess and Booth.

If Edmonton doesn't match, we only give up ~30th overall + 90th overall in 2013.

If Edmonton does match, they are forced to pay Gags more than they would have liked.

They might elect not to match because they know they've got two players who might be in the $7mil range in one year.

And one or two who might be in that same range 2 years from now.

Meanwhile they'll still be paying Horcoff $5.5mil. :lol:

Wot say ye men, let's be pirates yar! Image
____
Try to focus on someday.